Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros.

Franchise »

The Super Smash Bros. series is Nintendo's premier fighting series, featuring many characters from Nintendo's most popular games as well as third-party characters.

Here's an idea

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainTryHard

Why don't they remake the original Super Smash Bros? If there are any indie developers out there, would it be possible to create an indie Xbox game with similar characters, sounds, levels, and items. I have more fun playing the original over Melee or Brawl, but I wouldn't even mind new content. Just keep the same feel of the game, graphics don't matter to me really either. Think about this people, if this game got big they could develop DLC or even free title updates. Let's get some ideas going!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's actually a demake floating around: http://www.supersmashland.com/

So to answer your question, yes. It's totally possible. But I think it'd take a lot more coordination to make a Super Smash Bros. version of MUGEN.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

Because they'd rather make new games or sequels than just remake the first one that most people already own, it is Nintendo so they might do this but they seem to go on their own.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I'd say their gameplay doesn't change enough that anyone wants to play the original. Especially with all the crazy characters added.

It would be cool seeing a rerelease as Wii Ware or the equivalent for the WiiU. They could keep the old school graphics and just improve the frame rate for the old game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.