Portable Version

#1 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

I was thinking about portable fighting games and while not much of a fighting game, Super Smash Bros rock.  I was wondering why Nintendo hasn't made a portable game yet?  I think that it would be amazing on the 3ds or even on the DS it would have been awesome.  Is there any chance they make one finally or am I just going to have to continue wishing?

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Maybe they were waiting on the 3DS

#3 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@Axxol: Yah, maybe they were waiting for a stick or something.  That might be cool when you get knocked off the screen into the foreground or background in 3d.
#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I would buy it for the 3ds.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I had thought of how cool that would be a long time ago, but now I don't know if I support the idea.  If there is to be another SSB game, I want it to have more characters, more stages, more music, more items(?)...  I don't want a version that's inferior to SSBB, for example.  If a lame version of SSBB were to be the 3DS release, I'd just want to wait for the next console version instead.

#6 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: But isn't the 3ds supposedly nearing the power of the wii (maybe this is an old rumor)?  If it is maybe they can make some kind of port?
#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" @FluxWaveZ: But isn't the 3ds supposedly nearing the power of the wii (maybe this is an old rumor)?  If it is maybe they can make some kind of port? "
That's true, the 3DS is actually more powerful than the Wii (I think).  So I suppose I'd settle for a port.
#8 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I'd never thought of that. Good thinkin son!

#9 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

They need to do this.

#10 Posted by 1upmuffin (30 posts) -

I really wish they would make this, Smash Bros is absolutely amazing and maybe the 3DS will give it good online play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.