Should Miis appear in SSB4?

#1 Posted by captainlantern76 (12 posts) -

In Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii, there were absolutely no Miis. No reference to them whatsoever. This is a bit odd, really.

With SSB4 coming out for the Wii U....well, do you think Miis could appear? I mean, they could be incorporated in multiple ways.

1. They could be playable characters with a customizable moveset. That would not have worked out in Brawl, but it COULD work out here.
  2. They could be assist trophies, with a random Mii of yours coming out once the item is activated.
  3. They could be background characters in a Mii-based level or maybe they could be hazards - imagine Mario fighting Sonic and then some Miis in race karts run him over. Wuhu Island could be a stage, too.
  4. At the very least, they could just be stickers and trophies.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by the_devoid (39 posts) -

No

#3 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

hahahaha, yes please. Anything to let me take the piss out of anyone I know who takes the series "seriously."

#4 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1843 posts) -

it should be nothing BUT miis

imagine the possibilities

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10496 posts) -

I think if they were going to, they would have in Brawl.

I dunno. I feel like picking individual Miis would be too cumbersome, but it could be interesting. I'm more interested in whether Snake is going to return or not. I hope so. He was rad in Brawl.

#6 Posted by captainlantern76 (12 posts) -

@mooseymcman: To be honest, I am also more interested in seeing whether or not Snake returns - I share your opinion that he was rad in Brawl; I also want Meta Knight, albeit less powerful. And Pit, they just gotta bring Pit back. And they COULD'VE in Brawl - but I've read forums on other sites making it stressfully clear that it would be impossible to incorporate them in Brawl. The Wii U is more advanced, so THEY could be in it.

@artemesia: Indeed.

#7 Edited by TheHT (10904 posts) -

sure, that could be fun.

#8 Edited by karatetron (690 posts) -

That's all well and good, but what we need to be asking ourselves is: should miis talk?

#9 Edited by captainlantern76 (12 posts) -

@karatetron: Well, they can say battle cries and lines like the ones they said in Mario Kart Wii, but as for speaking in complete sentences - God no. That would not be a good move.

#10 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

Mii's are a hideous inhuman aberration, they shouldn't exist anywhere.

#11 Posted by RE_Player1 (7550 posts) -

As a playable character? Absolutely not. In the game? Sure. Make a Wii Sports stage or something to that effect and make it pull in personal Mii's.

#12 Edited by Dalai (6998 posts) -

Yes, but make them totally generic and average.

They have to add a few more characters and Waluigi and Toad is not going to turn any heads.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11856 posts) -

Absolutely not.

#14 Edited by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -

I wouldn't mind fighting at the Mii plaza gate as Mii's run around the background and throw puzzle pieces into the foreground. As playable characters, no. They're really bland.

#15 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

As a playable character, no. I don't even like having them playable in mario kart. They just seem like an eye sore if the visuals of the game they're in doesn't match their appearance well enough. As a trophy or a stage hazard, I'm neutral. I can at least ignore them for the most part in that case.

#16 Posted by fujimitsu (23 posts) -

Miis looked like garbage even by wii standards. They should be wiped from existence, along with their equally awful counterparts on other platforms.

#17 Posted by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

I really don't like Mii's outside of Mii only games, its annoying when a game goes for a certain style and lo and behold theres a Mii that just doesn't belong there (see Mario Kart Wii & 7).

#18 Edited by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

Sure. What the hell.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8025 posts) -

Should Miis talk?

#20 Posted by Milkman (16534 posts) -

Are Miis actually still a thing?

#21 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

They should make a Mii character and it should be the game's Meta Knight.

#22 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

EMP_Put_Sagat_In_SSB4

#23 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (730 posts) -

Absolutely. In a game where you have Captain Falcon fighting the Ice Climbers fighting Mr. Game and Watch, a clash of visual styles shouldn't offend ANYONE. Also:

@mordeaniischaos said:

hahahaha, yes please. Anything to let me take the piss out of anyone I know who takes the series "seriously."

YES.

The Mii character's Final Smash could be them drinking the tears of the "Final destination, no items, no dodging, Fox only" crowd.

#24 Posted by captainlantern76 (12 posts) -
#25 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

They should put Miis in as the basic character and then actually make Mario interesting to play as.

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (14569 posts) -

Mii's Only. Final Destination. No Items.

#27 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Mii's Only. Final Destination. 100% Pokéballs.

Much better.

#28 Edited by captainlantern76 (12 posts) -
#29 Posted by BaconGames (3293 posts) -

Only if it's Reggie's Mii exclusively.

#30 Edited by MocBucket62 (1158 posts) -

Whether you want Miis in or not, I have a strong feeling Nintendo will put them in the game as playable characters anyways.

#31 Posted by Itwongo (1129 posts) -

If they appear, they should appear en masse.

#32 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

They will be there but i bet there will be a predefined set of moves and abilities for all mii's.

#33 Edited by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

I think it's inevitable, but I don't particularly care for Miis... at all.

#34 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

As assist trophies, I think it'd be a bit of fun.

As a playable character, I really hope not.

#35 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

@mooseymcman: To be honest, I am also more interested in seeing whether or not Snake returns - I share your opinion that he was rad in Brawl; I also want Meta Knight, albeit less powerful. And Pit, they just gotta bring Pit back. And they COULD'VE in Brawl - but I've read forums on other sites making it stressfully clear that it would be impossible to incorporate them in Brawl. The Wii U is more advanced, so THEY could be in it.

I'm a little confused on what you're trying to say. What do you mean by "could've in Brawl?" Because the way it reads, it makes sound like Meta Knight and Pit were not in Brawl. What could have they done in Brawl?

#36 Posted by captainlantern76 (12 posts) -

@captainlantern76 said:

I'm a little confused on what you're trying to say. What do you mean by "could've in Brawl?" Because the way it reads, it makes sound like Meta Knight and Pit were not in Brawl. What could have they done in Brawl?

I was talking about the Miis - the Miis could've been in Brawl, but I have read forums on other sites making it stressfully clear that it would be impossible to incorporate Miis in Brawl. But Miis could be playable in SSB4 since the Wii U is more advanced.

#37 Posted by Abendlaender (2766 posts) -

Yes.

But the only move they have is exploding violently

#38 Posted by BrandonBradeen (1 posts) -

Mii would match the users personal Mii

Attacks:

Main "punch" Attack- Baseball Bat

Main Ranged Attack- Tennis Racket/Ball

Diagonal Attack- Basketball

"Launch" Attack- Golf Club

Charge Attack- Football

Uppercut Attack- Boxing Gloves

"Down B" Attack- Bowling ball

Recovery- Hang Glider

Final Smash- Airplane (Wii Resorts)would fly in and zoom around knocking everyone of the stage

So, yeah he would be awesome to play as in SSB4

#39 Posted by Rockydude (2 posts) -

I would say that a great thing to see is that the mii would do all that Brandon said perfectly, but make it so their ranged attack is a dice block (Mii party) or a wrong note going flying away (wii music) or a pool stick (wii play) but add a code where all miis could be accessed (say holding b and - at the same time) or naming a character the name of your mii. And would do the same thing as the character but in their clothes and has their own taunt ('FIGHT MII!!' or 'COME AT MII' and more mii puns). They would do attacks in their own way, such as they would put characters in a dice block, hit it, and take out their powers as kirby. Flying using arms as wings and sweating as seen in a mini game in wii party. This would be nice to see in the game. This would be for the code part, but you can choose your mii as a character as a character pre-unlocked, such as pikachu and mario in super smash bros brawl.

#40 Posted by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

They should replace wireframe dudes with Miis.

#41 Posted by Rockydude (2 posts) -

I also believe that a great idea for a final smash would be a giant punch with a giant flaming fist or they spin a wheel and it has a list of games that miis star in (Wii music, wii sports, wii sports resort, wii music, and wii party). Whichever game it lands on is a final smash. Wii music will have a bunch of notes and instruments go flying. The color of the notes would be the color of your miis shirt, and you can toggle it the same way you can toggle luigi's color or mario's color or anyone for that matter. Wii sports sends sports equipment flying in all directions around you. Wii sports resort sends a plane flying at everyone (easy to dodge if everyone is on the ground) Wii party chooses a person at random and drops a large dice block on them (The number on it is how many times it will hit a player). This is my idea and i believe more people will play as them

#42 Posted by Hailinel (23924 posts) -

They should replace wireframe dudes with Miis.

Dude. Wireframe Miis.

#43 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2202 posts) -

Absolutely yes they should be in.

#44 Posted by beast_in_the_shadows (8 posts) -

They have been a substantial part of Nintendo's recent history, so they deserve some representation. However I don't think anything as big as a playable fighter is called for. We already have the Animal Crossing Villager as the nameless, customized Avatar character, so having two slots filled with generic characters would be a bit of a cop-out.

Now an assist trophy, a Mii stage or even both would be very fair and could be pretty fun.

#45 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

Hell yes. That's the exact kind of silly characters that should be in these games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.