Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros.

Franchise »

The Super Smash Bros. series is Nintendo's premier fighting series, featuring many characters from Nintendo's most popular games as well as third-party characters.

Super Smash Bros. The Next Generation - Day 25

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

The Monk and the Tower! What's Old is New Again!

I had to peel myself away from The Mutant Mudds to write this. Seriously, if you haven't checked that game out, I highly recommend it. It's brilliant.

The Most Veteranist - Mr. Game and Watch

When he debuted in Smash Bros. Melee, I had no idea what a Game and Watch was. As it turns out, I was missing something, because if anything else, Mr. Game and Watch is one of the most well-done characters in the Smash series. Drawing every one of his moves, not just his specials but every single attack, from a different one of the old Game and Watch handheld titles is simply ingenious. The team at Hal Laboratories really hit on the head when they made G-n-Dub'.

In Brawl, I found him even more fun to play. They fixed up some of his moves, like his Parachute, which now gives him drifting physics. He was just more fun to play. And turning him into a giant octopus for his Final Smash is a big, squidy delight. There's nothing I can think of that he can bring to a new game without some knowledge of new mechanics.

The Most Awkwardly Named Newcomer - Poo

The Martial Arts master hailing from Dalaam, Poo is the person who actually learned PK StarStorm... Supposedly he taught it to Ness to wield in Smash. Well now it's time for this PSi weilding, kick-flipping monk to make his appearance in the floating arenas.

I have not had a shot at Mother 3 yet, so I don't know if perhaps somebody from that series is more deserving. Do you guys have any favorite characters that you'd like to see as members of Smash? I'd think somebody out there knows a bit more about the Earthbound series than I do.

I do know that I badly want to see Buzz Buzz as an assist trophy. He emerges from a crater only to attack somebody for high damage, unless he gets attacked first.

The Most Curious Stage - St. Mystere Tower

The Professor Layton series is one of my favorites. I want to go back to the start of it all and build a stage that takes place at the highest points of the tower that looms over St. Mystere. Atop that tower, duels take place that can cause it to slant left or right, sloping the battlefield in awkward directions. Perhaps Don Paulo could even fly by and attack the stage during the fight, making for a terribly boulderous hazard.

The more I think about this, the more I want to go back to add to my Professor Layton article. His victory pose would be the three clips of the puzzle solution ending with him pointing outward victoriously. If he lost, he would stand in the background with his hat down in the "you failed me" position. Also, he needs to throw a hand full of Hint Coins as an attack... Man. I really want Layton in the next Smash.

The Music of The Curious Village

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Theme

And you thought it was good in the game. Check out this live version of one of my all-time favorite gaming themes. And if you think this theme doesn't make great action music, go back and watch the scenes where Don Paulo attacks the tower and this kicks in. Tell me then that this isn't brilliant.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Puzzle Battle

In the right hands, a really sick remix could come from this.

Professor Layton and The Last Spectre - The Last Battle

A triumphant and sad piece all at once. The song of a desperate fight. I love it so.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Huge Weapon

It still works set against the gloomy tower that overshadows St. Mystere.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Rising Tower

A more slow-paced, suspenseful tune. Not everything has to be high-energy battle themes, you know. That's one of the things that makes Smash so awesome! And speaking of not high-energy themes...

It's practically the song for Professor Layton. Now, we don't have to leave it as is. They gave Animal Crossing tunes some pep and spunk to otherwise slow and pleasant tracks, so they can do the same for this tune. A little beat in the back, a smooth Spanish guitar solo, and you've got yourself a damn fine track.

Alright. That's anther one down. Comments go down beneath this, so leave some there instead of just leaving them in your head.

-Make it a nice day.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DrRandle

The Monk and the Tower! What's Old is New Again!

I had to peel myself away from The Mutant Mudds to write this. Seriously, if you haven't checked that game out, I highly recommend it. It's brilliant.

The Most Veteranist - Mr. Game and Watch

When he debuted in Smash Bros. Melee, I had no idea what a Game and Watch was. As it turns out, I was missing something, because if anything else, Mr. Game and Watch is one of the most well-done characters in the Smash series. Drawing every one of his moves, not just his specials but every single attack, from a different one of the old Game and Watch handheld titles is simply ingenious. The team at Hal Laboratories really hit on the head when they made G-n-Dub'.

In Brawl, I found him even more fun to play. They fixed up some of his moves, like his Parachute, which now gives him drifting physics. He was just more fun to play. And turning him into a giant octopus for his Final Smash is a big, squidy delight. There's nothing I can think of that he can bring to a new game without some knowledge of new mechanics.

The Most Awkwardly Named Newcomer - Poo

The Martial Arts master hailing from Dalaam, Poo is the person who actually learned PK StarStorm... Supposedly he taught it to Ness to wield in Smash. Well now it's time for this PSi weilding, kick-flipping monk to make his appearance in the floating arenas.

I have not had a shot at Mother 3 yet, so I don't know if perhaps somebody from that series is more deserving. Do you guys have any favorite characters that you'd like to see as members of Smash? I'd think somebody out there knows a bit more about the Earthbound series than I do.

I do know that I badly want to see Buzz Buzz as an assist trophy. He emerges from a crater only to attack somebody for high damage, unless he gets attacked first.

The Most Curious Stage - St. Mystere Tower

The Professor Layton series is one of my favorites. I want to go back to the start of it all and build a stage that takes place at the highest points of the tower that looms over St. Mystere. Atop that tower, duels take place that can cause it to slant left or right, sloping the battlefield in awkward directions. Perhaps Don Paulo could even fly by and attack the stage during the fight, making for a terribly boulderous hazard.

The more I think about this, the more I want to go back to add to my Professor Layton article. His victory pose would be the three clips of the puzzle solution ending with him pointing outward victoriously. If he lost, he would stand in the background with his hat down in the "you failed me" position. Also, he needs to throw a hand full of Hint Coins as an attack... Man. I really want Layton in the next Smash.

The Music of The Curious Village

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Theme

And you thought it was good in the game. Check out this live version of one of my all-time favorite gaming themes. And if you think this theme doesn't make great action music, go back and watch the scenes where Don Paulo attacks the tower and this kicks in. Tell me then that this isn't brilliant.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Puzzle Battle

In the right hands, a really sick remix could come from this.

Professor Layton and The Last Spectre - The Last Battle

A triumphant and sad piece all at once. The song of a desperate fight. I love it so.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Huge Weapon

It still works set against the gloomy tower that overshadows St. Mystere.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Rising Tower

A more slow-paced, suspenseful tune. Not everything has to be high-energy battle themes, you know. That's one of the things that makes Smash so awesome! And speaking of not high-energy themes...

It's practically the song for Professor Layton. Now, we don't have to leave it as is. They gave Animal Crossing tunes some pep and spunk to otherwise slow and pleasant tracks, so they can do the same for this tune. A little beat in the back, a smooth Spanish guitar solo, and you've got yourself a damn fine track.

Alright. That's anther one down. Comments go down beneath this, so leave some there instead of just leaving them in your head.

-Make it a nice day.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

I never got far enough, when I played Earthbound/Mother 2, that I met Poo. My knowledge of that series ends with reaching Fourside.

I did know what a Game & Watch was prior to seeing the Mr. enter the Melee and the Brawl, as a kid we had a small number of them, namely Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong II and the surprisingly engaging Zelda. All but DK2 are playable on this awesome site, they can be pretty fun time wasters.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DrRandle

Dude that site you linked me is amazing, thank you.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By jacksukeru

@DrRandle: Sure is! I think it was another bomber that linked it during a livestream and that's how I found it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.