Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros.

Franchise »

The Super Smash Bros. series is Nintendo's premier fighting series, featuring many characters from Nintendo's most popular games as well as third-party characters.

That New Smash Bros. Game Iwata Mentioned? That Doesn't Really Exist Yet...

• 115 results
    Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Shaka999

Get rid of tripping FFS

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By nick_verissimo

Man, just what the hell is Nintendo thinking these days? Everything since the E3 press conference has been a complete and utter mess.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

If Duke Nukem Forever II is released before announced Smash Bros Wii U/3DS game, universe explodes.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Kjellm87

@nick_verissimo said:

Man, just what the hell is Nintendo thinking these days? Everything since the E3 press conference has been a complete and utter mess.

Not really, Nintendo has been very open with things they're allowed to say for now. Also keep in mind that people often misunderstand what the Nintendo guys are saying.

As a Nintendo fan I'm used to them holding the cards close, they deliver in the end. If it is this strange announcement you're talking about, Iwata already said it wasn't started developing yet, furthermore: this was how Brawl was announced too.

Hiashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Hiashi

Pretty sure he made that clear before he mentioned it.

MforMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By MforMaverick
    @Hiashi: He did during the E3 presser. I don't think to many people were listening.  
    saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107  Edited By saddlebrown

@Larannis said:

@whatisdelicious said:

@MadExponent said:

I may be the only person sick of Nintendo rehashes. Am I really the only one who just...doesn't care for new SSB, Mario, or MKart? I'll get pumped for a non-milked franchise like Luigi's Mansion, sure, just not the ones milked dry.

Totally agree. The most off-putting thing about Nintendo for me is the reliance on established franchises. Every generation just feels the same: "Okay, when's the Zelda game coming out? The Mario? The Mario Kart? The Mario Party? The Mario sports titles? The Smash Bros.? The Kirby? The Metroid? Etc."

It's super indicative that they just ran out of names for Mario platformers and called the last two "New Super Mario Bros." and "New Super Mario Bros. Wii."

Give Mario and crew a break and make some new franchises.

I agree with you 100% The problem is Nintendo has no cause to do new IPs because they know that every time they put out a mario or zelda etc that millions of Nintendo fanboys are going to buy it.

Oh, definitely. From a business perspective, it makes no sense whatsoever to branch out. Not yet, anyway.

kouotsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By kouotsu

Cool article about something he said literally seconds after bringing up the idea.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By Branthog

Don't care. I bought Smash Bros. for the Wii. Spent about ten minutes trying to get the whole "friend code" and "online connection" stuff working with a friend who also bought it. For whatever reason, it didn't work. Gave up and never touched Smash Bros (it's still on a shelf, somewhere) again. Actually, never touched the online Wii stuff again (or ever, I guess), either. *shrug*

rick9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By rick9109

Alex has like the roughest job here.

pakattak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By pakattak

@TotalEklypse: Nothing we know of really, but if you're going to include tech demos like the bird demo as being a "thing" that's on the WiiU, the ChaseMii game was apparently really fun, and a great use of the video screen on the controller.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By huser

Sakurai  isn't even done with Kid Icarus, so this news isn't entirely surprising and really should have been expected given Brawl.

QuiteHeavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By QuiteHeavy

I had a friend that was POSITIVE this game was at least in pre-production. I told him he'd be disappointed, darn it, I told him.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By xpgamer7

Wow. I feel bad for the guy, and although I'm not ready to wait seven whole years for a new smash bros. It was a dick move to announce it like that.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#116  Edited By MeatSim

Iwata just put a lot of pressure on that guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.