Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

New "Leaks" Circulating

• 127 results
    DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

Poll New "Leaks" Circulating (260 votes)

Real 47%
    Fake 52%

Figured I'd make it a poll, just because.

I'm not sure how much interest there is among the GB forums about Smash Bros. (I know there's no particular love for it among the site crew), but for anyone who does take an interest, these new "leaks" of a completed or partially-completed roster have been circulating the Internet for a few days now. None of the new renders seem to have been truly sourced, and it's supposedly leaked from a video intended for viewing by the ESRB.

Personally, I can't make heads or tails of whether it's total bullshit or not especially just over a couple of weeks before the JP launch date, or even if I want it to be. Partially completed this would be alright, but fully completed it would be a bit disappointing.

Somehow though, even though I've never played Xenoblade, I kind of want Shulk now.

• 
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#101  Edited By MEATBALL

And on this day Duckhunt Dog did reward the faith of his followers.

Also, I really like the inclusion of Bowser Jr., I think he looks pretty cool - there are a bunch of characters I'd probably have preferred to see (Ice Climbers seems like a fairly glaring launch omission), but I still like the choice.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

And on this day Duckhunt Dog did reward the faith of his followers.

Also, I really like the inclusion of Bowser Jr., I think he looks pretty cool - there are a bunch of characters I'd probably have preferred to see (Ice Climbers seems like a fairly glaring launch omission), but I still like the choice.

Smart marketing. People have a fondness for Ice Climbers. They will want to buy that dlc up!

domineeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By domineeto
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Corevi
    @domineeto said:

@corruptedevil: For the 1000th time check his twitlog!

Kamiya is pretty salty about everything, though I can understand him constantly being tweeted about a game he has nothing to do with is frustrating. I highly doubt he is against the idea of his characters in Smash and is more against such requests being sent to him when he can't really do anything about it.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of disappointed in the roster. No Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta, No Waluigi, No Snake. Fire Emblem Awakening characters are pretty cool though.

Yeah, but Dark Pit!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well shit.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Always thought Duck Hunt Dog would be a great retro character, or at least wanted a Duck Hunt stage.

Wish Dr Mario and Pitoo were costumes instead, though. Waste of 2 characters. And is Ganondorf still a Capt. Falcon clone? WTF

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Actually real huh? Well that's pretty great.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Hmmmmmm

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-videos-of-smash-bros-3ds-emerge-spoilers.365353/

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very curious to see how the Duck Hunt Dog plays. As soon as Mega Man was added I didn't really care who else was on the roster but I think they've got a great variety in this game. Can't wait to play it!

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GODDAMNIT WHY DID NOBODY BUY WONDERFUL 101!?!

I actually Just beat mission 009 last night! That game was Great! And the last 2 or 3 hours (Plus the awesome Epilogue) were just fucking Ridiculous in the best possible way.

... Mother Platinum.. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

Also where the is Lucas? He's my main...

He was my main as well, I'm still holding out hope!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@wrighteous86: Characters like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit aren't taking up slots that other characters would've used, though. I imagine the clone characters get added at the point where they no longer have the time or resources to make completely new fighters, or are at least added only because they take minimal effort. They're not replacing the work that would've gone into other characters... they're just replacing space that would otherwise be empty.

I'll always be sore about the Ganondorf thing. At this point, that's just what his moveset is. They'd upset the people who "play Ganondorf" if they changed it. Unfortunately, the rest of us just want to see him get his due...!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd just like to let it be known that I voted for "real" when this thread first popped up.

Suck it disbelievers! Though I don't really have a dog in the "don't believe leaks" fight. It's just that someone would have to go to great lengths to fake that Duck Hunt character.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By xyzygy

Wait, is Shulk a Link clone? I watched some of him fighting and noticed he as the same aerial down A and standing up A. But maybe I'm wrong. Tell me I'm wrong.

Edit: It's just that the video is such bad quality.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hmmmmm I kinda buy it, but man that line up is large and intimidating like Mortal Kombat Trilogy for a casual gamer who's one of those guys who go "who's marth?" Duck Hunt is an honest surprise, would have hoped for a video presentation like they handled all the other announcements.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

hmmmmm I kinda buy it, but man that line up is large and intimidating like Mortal Kombat Trilogy for a casual gamer who's one of those guys who go "who's marth?" Duck Hunt is an honest surprise, would have hoped for a video presentation like they handled all the other announcements.

There probably will be video presentations when they actually announce things... none of this is supposed to be known yet.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syz said:

@crithon said:

There probably will be video presentations when they actually announce things... none of this is supposed to be known yet.

Maybe, but like just reminded during 2008's Brawl released Nintendo wanted Sonic and Solid Snake to be removed from reviews. Some of Nintendo's review process makes sense for some surprises but Sonic and Snake were announced before hand. But yeah, I'd love to see a funny video with Duck Hunt animation and presentation.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@crithon said:

@syz said:

@crithon said:

Maybe, but like just reminded during 2008's Brawl released Nintendo wanted Sonic and Solid Snake to be removed from reviews. Some of Nintendo's review process makes sense for some surprises but Sonic and Snake were announced before hand. But yeah, I'd love to see a funny video with Duck Hunt animation and presentation.

The leak is real. Not only that, but it sounds like the leaker was an employee of NOA that was tasked with handling videos intended for the ESRB. I say "was" because he has apparently already been fired.

Someone committed career suicide to leak a video game roster on the internet.

Chrisiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

gonna main duck hunt. pro tier.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

What a wonderful world.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda disappointed with the way they rolled out the roster. Obviously it's not a big deal, but it would've been much more exciting if they just came out upfront with all returning characters, and then showed off the new ones across two or three announcements. The slow drip was... underwhelming.

There are still presumably a few hidden characters right? They haven't come out and said no hidden characters?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@theht said:

Kinda disappointed with the way they rolled out the roster. Obviously it's not a big deal, but it would've been much more exciting if they just came out upfront with all returning characters, and then showed off the new ones across two or three announcements. The slow drip was... underwhelming.

There are still presumably a few hidden characters right? They haven't come out and said no hidden characters?

There likely would have been hidden characters had this leak not occurred. There's a separate rumor suggesting some characters as DLC, but that rumor has not been confirmed in any way.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Corevi
    @theht said:

The guy who leaked this stuff said on 4chan that that's every character in the game but Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Chorus Men and Wolf are DLC.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@crithon said:

@syz said:

@crithon said:

The leak is real. Not only that, but it sounds like the leaker was an employee of NOA that was tasked with handling videos intended for the ESRB. I say "was" because he has apparently already been fired.

wow, it goes that far.

You know, this makes me wonder about the piracy, considering just last week we had the Expendables 3 movie leak and that's something Lionsgate was furious over and caused the film to bomb even if the film was poor itself. Now the rumor is usually terrorist groups(for example id software said that when they had leaks of their games), but still could be some level of high tech espionage, but it could also be a middleman from things just like the ESRB rating copy. Like how we sometimes see "For your consideration" labeled movie DVDs, just a simple "well, this is sitting here, I might make a copy of it."

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@hailinel said:

What a wonderful world.

Dumbass

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.