Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo Finally Dates Super Smash Bros. on Wii U

• 57 results
    ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

More excited to hear that Treasure Tracker is coming this year.

Chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm really surprised people doubted the 2014 launch.

KingdanglerBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

CAPTAIN TOOOAAAAAAAD GOTY ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!?

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Awesome. Picked up two copies for 3DS and will definitely get this game day one.

Payed time off never looked so sweet. Gotta use those days!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yea this was always incredibly bizarre to me. There was never even the slightest chance Smash U would miss 2014's Holiday or even Black Friday weekend. Other than pessimism for the sake of pessimism I can't find a rational reason anyone would think it would slip to 2015 and cause them to not have one big key game to move units.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@def said:

@chicken008 said:

Yea this was always incredibly bizarre to me. There was never even the slightest chance Smash U would miss 2014's Holiday or even Black Friday weekend. Other than pessimism for the sake of pessimism I can't find a rational reason anyone would think it would slip to 2015 and cause them to not have one big key game to move units.

For me it's more of I can't tell now these days when companies say "holiday" is if it means calender date or fiscal date.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@def said:

@chicken008 said:

For me it's more of I can't tell now these days when companies say "holiday" is if it means calender date or fiscal date.

Typically, when companies talk about the holiday season, they're referring to the months of November and December, meaning that their games will be released in time to buy as Christmas gifts, usually at some point around Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. When Nintendo said Holiday Season 2014, this is exactly what they meant, and there was no reason to doubt them on that.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hailinel said:

@wikitoups said:

@def said:

@chicken008 said:

Typically, when companies talk about the holiday season, they're referring to the months of November and December, meaning that their games will be released in time to buy as Christmas gifts, usually at some point around Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. When Nintendo said Holiday Season 2014, this is exactly what they meant, and there was no reason to doubt them on that.

Yea when they mean the wider season they call it "Winter" which extends into January/February (I think even March).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.