Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Rayman (trophy) confirmed for Smash Bros.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

Man, what?

Sakurai's latest update on Miiverse is in regards of a Rayman trophy that at the very least appears in the Wii U version of the game. Is this a hint of a playable Rayman? An elaborate troll? The mind boggles.

No Caption Provided

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

GIVE ME PLAYABLE RAYMAN PL0X

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, Nintendo seems to be really able to get the rights to a crazy amount of characters for the Smash Bros. series. I thought that Pac-Man would be as far as they would go, but Rayman?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Capcom, namco, konami, sega, and now potentially ubisoft? I'm glad Nintendo is playing well with others.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Elaborate troll. To Ubisoft too for probably making them think that Rayman was going to be an assist trophy or something more important than a vanilla collectable.

elocl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's not a troll. Rayman isn't as hype as Megaman was for me but he's definitely up there, as far as childhood nostalgia goes.

I want Bomberman too. Give me all the mans.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Oh my god I'm suddenly super hype about Smash again! It seemed like the leak that's been flying around was gonna be all the characters we're getting, but it sure as hell didn't have Rayman or any other Ubisoft character on it. Speculation reigns again!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

@taku128 said:

Oh my god I'm suddenly super hype about Smash again! It seemed like the leak that's been flying around was gonna be all the characters we're getting, but it sure as hell didn't have Rayman or any other Ubisoft character on it. Speculation reigns again!

You're talking about the Gematsu leak right? That one never mentioned Rosalina so hope for other characters has been very much alive since then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
    deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turns out there's a new character reveal being livestreamed at 7 AM US Pacific Time / 4 PM European Central Time, so I'm gonna go out on a whim and guess Rayman's gonna be announced there

That, or Nintendo uses this new-found third party power to announce Shrek. That's probably more likely.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoG

Sakurai is the gaming world's greatest troll. What a cruel man.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think it would be odd to have a character appear in the trophies from a franchise that is not represented in the game in any other way... but they have done it before (usually with very old or niche Nintendo characters) so my guess is they are just doing it with partner publisher/developers who are helping (or at least delivering some assets to the game). It might also be a way of Nintendo trying to show they care about third publishers like Ubisoft who otherwise wouldn't even get a mention in the game.

I doubt they'd actually release a playable Rayman (especially after showing a trophy for it). But maybe it might imply that a Ubisoft character might appear in the game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Turns out there's a new character reveal being livestreamed at 7 AM US Pacific Time / 4 PM European Central Time, so I'm gonna go out on a whim and guess Rayman's gonna be announced there

That, or Nintendo uses this new-found third party power to announce Shrek. That's probably more likely.

Nope!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'd like for Rayman to be playable and if he is, he'll probably be an unlockable character. This all might be an elaborate troll though because Sakurai might think that in terms of 3rd party characters, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man are enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.