Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

There's a huge breadth of musicians working on this game

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dixavd

With the recent reveals and whatever I went to the smash bros. site. I had heard about some music compilation they were doing for registering the games - lo and behold there are a link on the main page for it. Anyway, click a bit further and you'll get to a couple samples of tracks with a list of people working on the soundtrack.

There seems to be a bunch of people asked to work on the game who have no direct relation to any characters or games featured in these latest smash bros. For instance, Masashi Hamauzu (known predominantly at the moment for the Final Fantasy XIII games) or Motoi Sakuraba known for the Tales and Dark Souls soundtracks. Here's the list on the site (along with those music samples).

Unsurprisingly, most of the names are from Bandai Namco or Nintendo (those directly developing the game) or from people who composed music for games featured in the new Smash Bros. (e.g. ACE who composed some of the music for Xenoblade Chronicles); but why do you think there are so many mentioned who don't have a direct link to specific music of games featured?

It might also be interesting that the Wayback machine seems to show that on the 25th of August (prior to the Shulk and Xenoblade Chronicles stage reveals) this page was up with mentions of ACE (in relation to Xenoblade Chronicles) having worked on something for the soundtrack. I highly doubt this would allude to possible reveals later but it is certainly possible.

-Edit- I should also say that Hamauzu seems to have overseen the song for the Kirby Songc alled "Green Greens Ver 2" and the top of the page - but I can't find any relation to Kirby. So I'm not sure why?

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Itwastuesday

That's a pretty impressive line-up. I recognize some of the names on that list. This whole Nintendo/Namco relationship has been interesting, and I'm glad to see a lot of Namco composers on the list because I think they do pretty well with the music in their games. Nintendo's really going all-out for this thing, huh?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's cool. I'm going to get a Wii U very soon; perhaps in a few days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.