The Super Star Wars games were so, SO terrible...

#1 Posted by Enhasa (13 posts) -

By far the worst Star Wars-related games I've ever played.  May these games remain forgotten forever...

#2 Posted by Nat495 (9 posts) -

Personally, I enjoyed them. They were very hard.

#3 Posted by AllThatBacon (506 posts) -
"The Super Star Wars games were so, SO awesome..."

There ya go.
#4 Posted by MisoRonery (466 posts) -
Oh so wrong you are young padawan.

#5 Edited by piecat (384 posts) -

I hope you're kidding.

#6 Posted by Kraznor (1573 posts) -

I admit they totally deviated from the source material (lava in the bottom of the sand crawler??) but they were fun action-platformers. I have really fond memories of the first one.

#7 Posted by Willy105 (4687 posts) -

Lies.

#8 Posted by neoepoch (1290 posts) -

Super Star Wars games were hard, deviated from the source, and were some of the best action platformers on the SNES

#9 Posted by wafflestomp (244 posts) -

I loved em, so much so when Toys R' Us clearanced them out I bought them again.

#10 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

They're fucking awesome.

Fuck this thread.

#11 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I thought they were fun. I agree they were hard though...

#12 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I think they were some of the best Star Wars related games, maybe the second or third best after the Jedi Knight series. So many good memories, but they were pretty hard though. Good challenge for a real jedi!

#13 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

1.  MB will probably hang you at high noon.

2.  Super Empire Strikes Back is widely considered one of the best movie-based games out there...so much that Judge Dredd tried to rip it off!

I'm sorry...I just don't think this thread was very well thought out.  Big head and little arms, man...
#14 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Was not crazy about them, but there are worse ones.

Technology limited the games from delivering the scope or awesomeness of stuff like Tie Fighter (my fav), Dark Forces, Lego Star Wars, Rouge Leader (Gamecube), or a bunch of the newer Star Wars games.

#15 Posted by Yelix (327 posts) -

The force is not strong with this one.
Those games are awesome. What else lets you kick ass as Bikini Leia? Other than LEGO Star Wars, of course.

#16 Posted by GTCknight (555 posts) -

Those were some of my favorite SNES games. I always tried to beat it but I never could. (I could get past some levels but not all of them)  

Diamond said:

Technology limited the games from delivering the scope or awesomeness of stuff like Tie Fighter (my fav), Dark Forces, Lego Star Wars, Rouge Leader (Gamecube), or a bunch of the newer Star Wars games.

What the hell did you expect from them. It was on the SNES plus your comparing the super Star Wars games to games that were released on the PC or years after the 16-bit era of games. 
#17 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
GTCknight said:
Diamond said:

What the hell did you expect from them. It was on the SNES plus your comparing the super Star Wars games to games that were released on the PC or years after the 16-bit era of games. "
What I'm saying is back when I played the Super Star Wars games I was disappointed by the limitations.  Didn't expect more out of the SNES, just expected more out of a Star Wars game to give me that Star Wars feel.  It was only 2 years later that Tie Figher came out on PC and just a bit longer Dark Forces came out too.
#18 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

yeah the snes games were great much better then any before then and some after.

#19 Posted by Tally_Pants (589 posts) -

the Super Star Wars games were AMAZING! i played them all.. so f*ckin hard! but i thoroughly enjoyed playing as an Ewak in Super Return of the Jedi!! i don't even think i finished any one of the three tho.. so much fun tho!! 
#20 Posted by dbz1995 (4786 posts) -

...Apparently, they were great.

Thread finished.

#21 Edited by Blueprint12 (247 posts) -

Man I've had so many good memories with this game. 

Yeah this game was insanely hard but from memory, I found some secret cave that you fall (I didn't even look it up, I just randomly fell and found it!!)  and you just shoot everywhere and you can get a numerous of life ups.

I had like over 99 lives and always kept on dying but I eventually got to beat the game.  Then I did this whole process again.  I've played this game so many times, it's ridiculous. 

Great times, fuck this game is FAR from terrible.  Groundbreaking if you ask me.

#22 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

After this thread I would have to agree. Someone on the internet saying they hate something, then not backing that statement up in any way, it simply must be true.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (22741 posts) -

Whoa.  Necropost.

The Super Star Wars games were hard as hell, but they were a lot of fun, too.  It didn't really matter that they deviated from the source material since any proper adaptation should make adjustments that fit the target medium.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.