Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Stardust HD

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 28, 2007

This dual-joystick shooter on the PLAYSTATION Network tasks you with manning your spaceship and defending your planet against numerous incoming threats.

PS4 exclusive: A spiritual successor to the Super Stardust.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Icemo

Housemarque, the makers of Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD announced that they are making a spiritual successor to the Super Stardust franchise.

Quote from the original source:

“We are super excited to be working on Sony’s next-gen hardware,” said Housemarque’s CEO Ilari Kuittinen. “The platform’s performances are enabling us to do things that wouldn’t be possible otherwise and we truly believe that better technology can lead to better gameplay. The more tools and resources we have at our disposal, the better. Think of Super Stardust HD: at the time, PlayStation 3 gave us the opportunity to populate the game with thousands of interactive objects and implement the game’s famous ‘spherical gameplay’. Today, we can take advantage of the architecture of PlayStation 4 to create incredible visuals with direct impact on the way the new game feels.”

That's pretty exciting news since the Super Stardust HD was a great game and they also confirmed that there will be another unannounced PS4 project on the way!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Huh.. I always hated how I could never get trophies in that game. I know its just me.

But cool! I would play this.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Super Stardust HD is a game I still have installed and play it random. A followup could and would be fun.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@kidavenger: I'm just not very good at the game.

I'll write that down though, thanks!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

God damn, spent far too long on this game - loved it to bits, and even enjoyed their follow up title, even if it wasnt critically loved.

excited to see what these guys can do with the new hardware!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.