Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

Does anyone else find Arcade mode abit hard?

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Psynapse

I've played Street Fighter on the arcades for years and i had one on the PS1 (cant remember what version it was), and i could hold my own.

But FFS, Arcade mode is hard... I have it set on Medium and i'm struggling to get through Arcade...

I know i suck at the game at the moment (i'm getting Hori sticks soon as the 360 Dpad isn't the greatest of inventions), but is anyone else finding it hard to get through?

Cue flame!

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PureRok

Nope, it's not just you. I had a difficult time getting through Easy.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

My friend who claims to be an absolute legend at fighting games was telling me he was getting destroyed earlier on it. Nice to see he now has an alibi.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Psynapse

Hah, thank god it wasn't only me :P

My girlfriend is actually better at the game than me, she used to have a SF2 arcade machine at her work and played it all the time, and she struggles too, so i'm happyer now... i might go down to easy though... Meh...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Red

Yeah, I'm an alright Street Fighter player, casual, but I'm alright. I can't beat easy.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

Do they sell and arcade type stick controller or something?

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Psynapse
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "Do they sell and arcade type stick controller or something?"

http://www.vivazone.com/xbox360acc12.html

There is a Mad Catz one too, just go to their website, the Hori stick is meant to be really good though :)
    Clockswork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Clockswork

Never played SF before and I just got through Arcade mode on easy, it was hard! :O

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Easy is far from what I would call actually easy, but it's WAY easier than the original arcade version (try classic mode and see for yourself), and way easier than the XBLA port of Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting.  I just wish they went with difficulty settings similar to Super Turbo on the SNES, where 1 star was insanely easy and 8 stars was ridiculously difficult.  Everyone could find an option that suited them on that game.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Phished0ne
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "I just with they went with difficulty settings similar to Super Turbo on the SNES, where 1 star was insanely easy and 8 stars was ridiculously difficult.  Everyone could find an option that suited them on that game."

Yup, thats the way i wish they did the difficulty...

but onto the difficulty, yus it is extremely hard. i can only beat it on easy....with Akuma, and he still kinda breaks the game.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By fr0br0

I thought most of it was pretty hard, but did anybody else find M. Bison much easier than usual? The lost at least once to the last 5 people I fought against, but M. Bison didn't even get a single round win on me. And he's usually the one I struggle most with.

Edit: And I agree with Jakob. If the game didn't have a challenge then there would be less replay value. You people just got the game. Keep playing the game and train yourself.

uglybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uglybob

i cant get past the first person on easy. its unbelievable. easy should be easy or a little challenging. the controller does not help one bit either neither does the move list on the pause menu. i dont suppose they will bring out a patch that makes it a tad easier.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Psynapse
    uglybob said:
    "i cant get past the first person on easy. its unbelievable. easy should be easy or a little challenging. the controller does not help one bit either neither does the move list on the pause menu. i dont suppose they will bring out a patch that makes it a tad easier."

I doubt it uglybob, keep in mind that Capcom developed the game with Tournament Pro's/Veterans of the game, so they would of catered it to their levels. The odd gamer like you and me will still struggle with it. I went down to Easy and i finished that, but it was still Hard, working on Medium now... By the way, turning the speed down makes it so much easier, but when you play online its at the 3 speed again, so i've started playing on speed 3 to get used to it for when i jump on multiplayer.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

ZOMG GAME HAS A CHALLENGE TO IT!  MUST BE BAD!!!

People...please...stop crying.  If you can't handle it, don't play it.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok
    jakob187 said:
    "ZOMG GAME HAS A CHALLENGE TO IT!  MUST BE BAD!!!
    "
    I don't think anyone was crying. People were just expressing that the Arcade mode was a bit tougher than they thought it would be. I don't think anyone said "THIS GAME IS SUPER HARD IT SUCKS THE BALLS!"
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phished0ne
    jakob187 said:
    "ZOMG GAME HAS A CHALLENGE TO IT!  MUST BE BAD!!!
    "

yeah i dont think anyone was really crying either, i just wish they did the difficulty in "Stars" like most other SF games.
    nestlekwik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nestlekwik

This was one of my main gripes with the promises of the game.  David Sirlin said in a post prior to the game's release that the game was fixed so that "easy was easy, medium was medium, etc."  I think that's a far cry from the truth in the actual release.  Ultimately, it really doesn't bug me as I can muster through on easy and normal, but my main concern was from the casual player who could possibly be detoured from purchasing the game because of the difficulty.

I actually played single player for once the other day and, man, is Akuma a d*ck even on easy.  I had to cheap him out with Blank rolls and even then it took almost 10 attempts.  Now that I have the achievement, though, I don't have to tackle it any time soon.

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 10MP

i was able to beat arcade mode on normal but i cheated and used chun-li. its not so much that i can't use any other character it's just hard as hell pulling off moves with the 360 controller.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By super_machine

Holy shit yes. I've been playing SF2 since the SNES days, including arcade. I even have it on my GBA! Yet, I get my ass handed to me over and over by Dee Jay and Chung li. I even put it on freaking easy and still got my ass kicked. WTF?

nestlekwik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nestlekwik

Yeah, the difficulty isn't anything like the SNES.  You have to realize HD Remix is easier than Turbo, believe or not.  In the arcade version of Turbo, even the very first CPU character was very likely to wipe the floor with you unless you were adjusted to it.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By mordecaix7

Yeah i used to be able to make it through the SNES version on normal mode...and every other version...but for some reason, this one is really stinkin' hard.

Now I don't feel so bad trying it on easy then.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StaticFalconar

Well it is rebalanced, so you're probably just learning all the new tweaks.

If this was the exact same game as the SNES one back in the day but in HD, this game would have been done a long time ago.

ParadoxControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By ParadoxControl

The single player was hard on medium, but it was no where near as hard as Championship edition, the AI in that game was fucking brutal.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By NateDogg

I bought both Championship Edition and HD Remix on XBL.  

Now I'd put myself as an average street fighter player but I found CE to be ridiculous in difficulty... HD Remix was much milder in comparison.  I had no problem at all beating arcade mode and competing ranked online.. but CE... if you want to know what hard really is then download that one.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By yellownumber5

Ok I have always SUCKED hardcore at Street Fighter.  SSF2THDR has given me a new respect for the series.... I just went to a local bar that has a mult-arcade system with Street Fighter II Hyper to try out my new SSF2T skills and I fail miserably at even getting past the first fight.  SSF2THDR somehow I can get past the medium dificulty, even though it may take many tries.  Most of getting past is not about the AI difficulty, but finding the specific approach of attack to beat that foe.  Each AI foe, although different than how a real human would play the character, still seems to have a certain strategy to beat.  I think people are having a hard time because they weren't expecting to have to deal with single player in this manner.

Mukor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mukor

I find that on Easy, the first match is always way easier than the rest of them. I've made it through three times now, two of which I only had to continue a couple of times. I agree that Bison seems less challenging than expected, Sagat seems like the big challenge.

At least part of the problem on 360 is that the controller simply isn't set up for a game like this. I'm hoping there's an affordable solution by the time IV hits, £40 seems to be the price of a Hori stick here in the UK and I'm having a hard time justifying the price of a full game on a controller I'd only use with two or three games.

Fiziks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Fiziks

Even if you do get a Hori stick, it comes with a friggin' square gate. I just need that solid feel of a QCF on an octagonal gate...

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AndrewJD

Managed to complete it recently on easy mode but I can't handle it on on medium or higher. My reactions just aren't that good, especially as I don't have an arcade stick :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.