Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

i used to think i was good…

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foxhound421

i remember playing SSFII on my SNES and always - ALWAYS pwning my buddies. then came Aplha 3 on the PSOne and it was the same story. even in my local arcades *sheds a tear* i could hold my own 8/10 times. now i get online with HD Remix and i'm getting torn up. like 5:25 torn up.

i LOVE this game but damn, i thought i was a lot better at it…

anyone else out there having the same experience?

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Video_Tycoon

Its the Chinese who only own one video game.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hexpane

I quit SF on the SNES when my friend would not stop using the Sumo guy, so friggin cheap and he was like "you can use him too" but I hate using the sumo guy!   Not to mention Mixed Martial Arts has proven that Sumo is more like dancing than fighting.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

The game has been rebalanced, this is a new game whether you believe it or not.

Hexpane said:

"I quit SF on the SNES when my friend would not stop using the Sumo guy, so friggin cheap and he was like "you can use him too" but I hate using the sumo guy!   Not to mention Mixed Martial Arts has proven that Sumo is more like dancing than fighting."
    Whats does a fighting style in a video game have to do with a fighting style in real life?
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Illmatic

For me its the opposite. I absolutely sucked at this game (whether it be against friends or strangers during parties) but now I play on line and granted a 17/39 record isn't really that good, but when compared to how I was at the game back then, I'd say that's a pretty big improvement. I still have the same trouble pulling off down charge moves that I did back then though. I'm pressing down, why won't you do the dang move Dee Jay?!

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hexpane
    StaticFalconar said:
    "The game has been rebalanced, this is a new game whether you believe it or not.

Hexpane said:
    "I quit SF on the SNES when my friend would not stop using the Sumo guy, so friggin cheap and he was like "you can use him too" but I hate using the sumo guy!   Not to mention Mixed Martial Arts has proven that Sumo is more like dancing than fighting."
    Whats does a fighting style in a video game have to do with a fighting style in real life?
    "
    Umm possibly because the videogame  fighting styles are "inspired" by "real life"   But that wasn't the main point.  The point was I hate the sumo guy
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

Videogames are balanced you know. Real life isn't.

Otherwise sign me up to learn Akuma's demon power or Bisons psycho power. Hell the MMA guys can't even touch Yoga people if they can teleport.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.