Oh god, somebody who is good at Street Fighter... help.

#1 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -

So yeah, I just managed to get to Akuma on easy mode.

What the hell have I gotten myself into? I must have fought him 30-40 times now, and I don't even think I've managed to get his health below 50%, his every response to my button imputs are like robotic near-perfection. He counters pretty much my every move, in nanoseconds. Is there some kind of trick I can use to just repeatedly spam him with some kind of attack? He's driving me completely insane.

I expected this guy to be tough... but jesus christ, this is just sadism.
Anyone out there who is pretty damn good at street fighter have any hints for me?

#2 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I dont think I'll be able to help you out, but I have to ask...how do you get to him?

#3 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -

Get to M. Bison without losing a match, you can lose a round, (I didn't thankfully) but as long as you don't lose the whole match and get taken to the continue screen you're on your way. But dude, be warned... if you have trouble getting to him... fighting him is a completely different issue. If you do it, Akuma will jump in at the beginning of the fight against Bison and knock him out.

#4 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

move to spam, no.

But all his moves are in a pattern; so go a couple of rounds where you do nothing and let him kill you; observe the pattern and come up with a counter for each of them. For me it usually takes me about ten tries or so before I get in the groove of Akuma's attack patterns.

#5 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -

I can kinda see some of his patterns, but not to the degree where I can think fast enough to respond as quickly as he does to the problem at hand. Everytime I try to counter him he counters me, combos me, I have managed to hurt the guy a bit but still... it's so rough.

#6 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -
Meltbrain said:
"Get to M. Bison without losing a match, you can lose a round, (I didn't thankfully) but as long as you don't lose the whole match and get taken to the continue screen you're on your way. But dude, be warned... if you have trouble getting to him... fighting him is a completely different issue. If you do it, Akuma will jump in at the beginning of the fight against Bison and knock him out."
Oh man fuuuuck that. I dont think I could beat T. Hawk or Sagat on my first go.
#7 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -

Hahahah, I fucking did it! I FUCKING DID IT! CHECK MAH ACHIEVEMENTS!
Hahaha, oh man I am SO STOKED.

I HAVE FOUND A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY FOR DEALING WITH AKUMA:

I think this tip may have been around for a while, but it sure as hell worked for me. Pick Chun-Li (she isn't my favourite character that's for sure) and basically just jump in at akuma the first chance you have and land a medium kick on his face, then mash medium kick to bust out the lightening legs. Block directly afterwards (he usually counters with fireball) and then jump straight back in and repeat the process. It took me about 5 goes with Chun-Li but using this simple pattern it is easy to see how Akuma will respond, and even if he blocks the lightening legs it still does damage and charges your super. This way worked a treat for me.

Now I am going to go and dance around like an idiot for a while. Weeeeeeee!

#8 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

well just out of curiosity I went ahead and tried to beat akuma (haven't done that in a while); the character I used Vega.

The entire match was a cat and mouse game with me doing lots of backflips to get away from those fireballs and luck with walldives. I woulnd't say its full proof since it took me like 3 tries before luck was with me, but I did it.

kinda forgot, computer akuma is cheap, one move kills half your life

#9 Posted by GhettoBond (66 posts) -

I used Sagat to get the achievement.  Somehow I managed to counter his jump towards me with a fierce kick.  A couple of those and I manage to kill him.  Nothing fancy, just a counter with my fierce kick as he was jumping towards me.

If you can lock him up in a corner, even better.
#10 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -
StaticFalconar said:
"well just out of curiosity I went ahead and tried to beat akuma (haven't done that in a while); the character I used Vega.

The entire match was a cat and mouse game with me doing lots of backflips to get away from those fireballs and luck with walldives. I woulnd't say its full proof since it took me like 3 tries before luck was with me, but I did it.

kinda forgot, computer akuma is cheap, one move kills half your life"
Yep, cheap is definitely the right word. Hehe.
#11 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

I managed to do it with Balrog, no strategy I just kept on going until that magic moment when I finally kicked his teeth in (or would have, if Rog had any kicks! :D) but that was months ago, like couple days after the game came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.