600 Hours into Super Street Fighter IV

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

So I made quite the accomplishment with this game today.

Holy crap, that's a lot of game time put into a fighter.  This is the most time I have ever put into a video game before and it's quite amazing.  Playing for over 1000 hours (counting the original SF4 as well) makes quite the difference in skill.
#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

So I made quite the accomplishment with this game today.

Holy crap, that's a lot of game time put into a fighter.  This is the most time I have ever put into a video game before and it's quite amazing.  Playing for over 1000 hours (counting the original SF4 as well) makes quite the difference in skill.
#2 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I'll never get that much time, I get pissed from losing all the time and stop playing, and I find it impossible to learn from doing online matches.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Yeah, I'm kind of scared to look at that number myself.

#4 Edited by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Think I hit 300 hours (across both SF4 and SSF4) before I stopped playing. I can't see myself ever putting anywhere near 1000 hours into any game. Too much of the same game, even if I really like it, gets boring for me.

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Work that E. Honda, son!

#6 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

Not sure I've been around for 600 hours....well congrats!

#7 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

When are you bringing your gdlk Honda to the national stage?

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Wow.


Why is this related to the Honda page?
Online
#9 Posted by Killroycantkill (1378 posts) -

Only game I put 1000 hours into was Guild Wars. But dude gg, I hope you've actually improved and not just wasted this 1000 hours just lp shoryu-ing through everything.

#10 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Nice, I think I may be at only.. 100hours if even that?!? And 600hours is nothing if its a game you like :D I added up the days/hours I have played on all my characters on WoW and it adds up to 372 days total played / 8926 hours.

#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I wish people I actually knew in real life played SF :( I want to improve.

#12 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: His main is Honda.

Glad we could be of help!
#13 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" Wow.

Why is this related to the Honda page?
"
Because JJOR64 mains E. Honda, foo'. He destroys Jeff every single time with him.
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Wow.

Why is this related to the Honda page?
"
Because JJOR64 mains E. Honda, foo'. He destroys Jeff every single time with him. "
Ah, OK. This blog still technically has no connection to him, but whatever.

That's a hell of a lot of hours though. And I thought I put a lot of time into Forza.
Online
#15 Posted by TehJedicake (875 posts) -

holy fuck

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" When are you bringing your gdlk Honda to the national stage? "
I would love to travel, but money is an issue.
#17 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@CL60:  Same here. What's worse is I only have vanilla SF4 on steam, no (working) console.

@JJWeatherman:   Quite an achievement. If your not utterly freakin gdlk then I have no faith left in humanity. 

On a side note I'm praying to Jesus, Buddha, Ahura Mazda, Homer Simpson and Mohammed that Capcom announces SSF4 on pc tomorrow.  I'm buying a goddamned arcade stick if they do.
#18 Posted by Portis (1279 posts) -

Nice. That's a lot of hours, but if you're having fun, then it's all good.


I detailed a blog about the games I spent the most hours with playing online, and the number one game (Tribes: Aerial Assualt) I had spent 600-700 playing -- so I know what it's like to get sucked into a game like that. When you play something so much, at some point you're having such a good time with it you don't even realize you're playing it that much.
#19 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
@hematurge: I really hope SSFIV does come to PC as well.  The more people who get to play this game, the better.
#20 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" The more people who get to play this game, the better. "
Hell damn yes.
#21 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

and you want me to play you? HA!

#22 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@JJOR64: 600 HOURS GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#23 Posted by Legend (2646 posts) -

If I count SFIV, SSFIV and SSFIV 3D, I think I spent about 70-90 hours. 600 hours is just insane. Now I'm afraid to play against you on the 3DS. lol

#24 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
"Only game I put 1000 hours into was Guild Wars. But dude gg, I hope you've actually improved and not just wasted this 1000 hours just lp shoryu-ing through everything. "


Not bad, Guild Wars was addicting.

I had well over 4000 hours.


 

#25 Posted by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

I think i have about 150 hours in ssf4, and I still feel like I'm barely scratching the surface... On a high note, I was able to beat a B rank chunli the other day, after I was beat the first round into the corner with standing fierce.

#26 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Nice job man, I could never see that number in a fighter game and I LOVE MvC3. I get so discouraged after beating the CPU in Arcade mode on Hard and then going online to not even lay a punch on my opponent. /cry

#27 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@JJOR64: Shame we can't play without it feeling like we're fighting underwater but props for the time spent :) I'm more interested to know how many games you've played though, and of them how many with Honda?

@hematurge said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" The more people who get to play this game, the better. "
Hell damn yes. "

Yes with bells on.
#28 Posted by Soap (3561 posts) -
@JJOR64:  Well according to my copy, I've put in 8 hours and 3 minutes, so I could totally take you! That's right! I'm calling you out! But I play on PS3... so we will never know.

Nah but seriously well done, I wish I could commit to a single game for so long... would save me some damn money that's for sure >_>

#29 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
@Legend said:
" If I count SFIV, SSFIV and SSFIV 3D, I think I spent about 70-90 hours. 600 hours is just insane. Now I'm afraid to play against you on the 3DS. lol "
The control layout for SSFIV on 3DS is crap so we should be on an equal playing field.   :P

@mubress said:
" @JJOR64: Shame we can't play without it feeling like we're fighting underwater but props for the time spent :) I'm more interested to know how many games you've played though, and of them how many with Honda?

@hematurge said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" The more people who get to play this game, the better. "
Hell damn yes. "
Yes with bells on. "

I looked last night and it said I have over 3,000 matches with Honda.
#30 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

ive got 298 on super on PS3 like 5 hours on the 360.... 

81 on pc SF4 and like 300 on PS3 SF4... 

i remember stang posted up a picture of his for SF4 and it was like over 1000 hours i think lol
#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

you must be quite the badass fighter now.. i sure as hell dont wanna get on your bad side

#32 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Damn. Did you get the 3DS version? 

#33 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I think that my playtime for Vanilla was about 600, spread over two consoles.


I've played Super far less, though. I only have something like 1000 matches, I think - though, that could be totally wrong. Should've stuck with Ken when I first found that sucka. I'd be gdlk by now.
#34 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
@EpicSteve:   Yes, I do have the 3DS version.
#35 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @EpicSteve:   Yes, I do have the 3DS version. "
Before Street Fighter V releases, you need to add all the hours among the 3 versions of Street Fighter IV. 
#36 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @EpicSteve:   Yes, I do have the 3DS version. "
Before Street Fighter V releases, you need to add all the hours among the 3 versions of Street Fighter IV.  "
I should.  SF5 probably wont come out for another 10 years if Capcom keeps up their tradition.
#37 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @EpicSteve said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @EpicSteve:   Yes, I do have the 3DS version. "
Before Street Fighter V releases, you need to add all the hours among the 3 versions of Street Fighter IV.  "
I should.  SF5 probably wont come out for another 10 years if Capcom keeps up their tradition. "
Then you should have a ludicrous amount of hours! 
#38 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" So I made quite the accomplishment with this game today.

Holy crap, that's a lot of game time put into a fighter.  This is the most time I have ever put into a video game before and it's quite amazing.  Playing for over 1000 hours (counting the original SF4 as well) makes quite the difference in skill. "
Let's see a scarier statistic: SF4 + SF4 (PC edition) + SSF4... I don't even wanna look.
#39 Posted by leroyrockwell (49 posts) -

  @JJOR64: Jebus. You've been on my friend list for while and I was terrified to play you... now I'm UTTERLY TERRIFIED. Thanks. LOL

#40 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@leroyrockwell said:
"   @JJOR64: Jebus. You've been on my friend list for while and I was terrified to play you... now I'm UTTERLY TERRIFIED. Thanks. LOL "
I played him a little while ago, and he destroyed me. :( I play Dhalsim. B rank.
#41 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @leroyrockwell said:
"   @JJOR64: Jebus. You've been on my friend list for while and I was terrified to play you... now I'm UTTERLY TERRIFIED. Thanks. LOL "
I played him a little while ago, and he destroyed me. :( I play Dhalsim. B rank. "
Once you learn the matchup, Sim can beat Honda pretty easily.
#42 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

im at about 540. 

#43 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Now that's what I call dedication!

#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @CL60 said:
" @leroyrockwell said:
"   @JJOR64: Jebus. You've been on my friend list for while and I was terrified to play you... now I'm UTTERLY TERRIFIED. Thanks. LOL "
I played him a little while ago, and he destroyed me. :( I play Dhalsim. B rank. "
Once you learn the matchup, Sim can beat Honda pretty easily. "
Maybe a good Sim. :P 
#45 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

This is one of the things that's wrong with games like Street Fighter. Your ability to do well is so incredibly correlated with how much time you put in that it's retarded. It essentially shuts out anyone who has a life from playing the game.

#46 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -
@RsistncE: All skill-based games are like that, though. Including board games, sports, golf, etc. etc.
#47 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" This is one of the things that's wrong with games like Street Fighter. Your ability to do well is so incredibly correlated with how much time you put in that it's retarded. It essentially shuts out anyone who has a life from playing the game. "
Everything is like that..I don't expect to be able to walk into golf, and be the very best after playing for 1 year, I don't expect to be the very best player in a shooter after a few months. Nobody should. Everything requires time to become good at it.
#48 Posted by Damodar (1287 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @hematurge: I really hope SSFIV does come to PC as well.  The more people who get to play this game, the better. "
Definitely agreed. I have a PS3, so I have SF4 and SSF4 for that, but I have a friend who is way in to the game, but only has PC, so we both have vanilla on the PC so we can play against each other. It'd be great if we could upgrade to Super on PC, because he's by far the person I play against most. Even though I'd dropped a few hundred hours in to Super, I think I actually know the Vanilla versions of my mains better because of this guy :P

If they do release Super on PC and go Games For Windows Live again, it'd also be nice if they made it cross compatible with the xbox live version. I have the PC version of BlazBlue CT and it can be played against people on 360. That'd be really good for endless battle with my friends.

Btw, JJOR64, nice job on the 600 hours! What about a combined total between super and vanilla? I think mine is somewhere around 400 between both games.
#49 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Damodar said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @hematurge: I really hope SSFIV does come to PC as well.  The more people who get to play this game, the better. "
Definitely agreed. I have a PS3, so I have SF4 and SSF4 for that, but I have a friend who is way in to the game, but only has PC, so we both have vanilla on the PC so we can play against each other. It'd be great if we could upgrade to Super on PC, because he's by far the person I play against most. Even though I'd dropped a few hundred hours in to Super, I think I actually know the Vanilla versions of my mains better because of this guy :P

If they do release Super on PC and go Games For Windows Live again, it'd also be nice if they made it cross compatible with the xbox live version. I have the PC version of BlazBlue CT and it can be played against people on 360. That'd be really good for endless battle with my friends.

Btw, JJOR64, nice job on the 600 hours! What about a combined total between super and vanilla? I think mine is somewhere around 400 between both games.
"
There is strong evidence to support a PC version of SSFIV. Based on what Ono said, and the ESRB put up a rating for a PC version of the game.
#50 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@example1013: @CrazyManAndy: @CL60: Sorry I should have been more clear: I'm talking specifically on how being good at this game is critically contingent on you putting the time in. A well designed game should be open to all players, regardless of playtime, and still have some rewarding aspect for them. One of the problems with Street Fighter is because of the fact that it's essentially old 90's game design, it's hard to actually enjoy it if you're getting pummelled into dust game after game by people who have been playing since release. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that games that focus so heavily on the "competitive gaming" design philosophy are also inherently bad game design.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.