Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

600 Hours into Super Street Fighter IV

• 57 results
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By JJOR64
    @CL60 said:
    " @Damodar said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " @hematurge: I really hope SSFIV does come to PC as well.  The more people who get to play this game, the better. "
    Definitely agreed. I have a PS3, so I have SF4 and SSF4 for that, but I have a friend who is way in to the game, but only has PC, so we both have vanilla on the PC so we can play against each other. It'd be great if we could upgrade to Super on PC, because he's by far the person I play against most. Even though I'd dropped a few hundred hours in to Super, I think I actually know the Vanilla versions of my mains better because of this guy :P

If they do release Super on PC and go Games For Windows Live again, it'd also be nice if they made it cross compatible with the xbox live version. I have the PC version of BlazBlue CT and it can be played against people on 360. That'd be really good for endless battle with my friends.

Btw, JJOR64, nice job on the 600 hours! What about a combined total between super and vanilla? I think mine is somewhere around 400 between both games.
    "
    There is strong evidence to support a PC version of SSFIV. Based on what Ono said, and the ESRB put up a rating for a PC version of the game. "
    I seen that ESRB thing today.  Doesn't really surprise me that it's coming.  I would surprise me if the game wasn't coming to PC.  There are still a solid number of people playing vanilla PC.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Example1013
    @RsistncE: I will raise no objections to that. I was just being cheeky.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CL60
    @JJOR64: Wanna play again sometime? I need to play against people that are actually good if I want to improve rather than people in ranked that just spam all the time. No way am I learning in ranked.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JJOR64
    @CL60:   Sure.  I'll most likely be on tomorrow since I don't work tomorrow.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CL60
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @CL60:   Sure.  I'll most likely be on tomorrow since I don't work tomorrow. "
    Alright. I'll probably be on later tonight too. I don't know where you live, so you may be going to bed soon, or just not feel like playing right now. But I can play whenever.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Example1013
    @CrazyManAndy: No, what he's saying is that Street Fighter IV basically lacks anything that would entertain new players. He's not saying the game has to be made to accomodate new players, or have a low barrier of entry or anything like that, he's saying that it should have something fun for new players (and people who suck) to do. SSFIV has nothing, because Story mode gets boring as hell after a short time, meaning if you're not going to put the work in required to play competitively, there's no point in you buying the game.

Basically, even just an online scrub league for all the sucky players to get together in and just have fun mashing buttons would even be good enough. Instead, new players get thrown to the wolves in online matches (which is basically the only thing to do when not practicing or playing locally). It's no fun to get your ass whupped repeatedly because you haven't been playing for 10 years and don't feel like grinding hundreds of hours just to enjoy a game, and designers should generally look to make something that'll allow even bad players to have fun, regardless of who they design the game for.

I haven't played a single online match in SSFIV, and only have it to play with my friends, because I know I'll just get my ass handed to me, since Capcom has no clue how to match bad players with other bad players.

StarCraft II is an example of a game that overcomes this flaw, by having beginners' leagues. The developers didn't have to dumb down or redesign the game; they just had to add a mode that would accomodate all the first-timers, which SSFIV doesn't have.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#57  Edited By Legend
    @JJOR64 BTW, how many PP and BP (Honda) do have after spending so much time playing?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.