AE DLC IS OUT NOW GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

• 87 results
#51 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

I'll be getting this later today. Can't wait. I don't know which of the brothers are which, but I'm gonna see how far I can get with the one with the hat because he's the voice of Renji on Bleach.

#52 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:

When's the PC version coming?

End of the month 

For EU PSN it appears to be delayed until tommorow 8 PM GMT if I understand this correctly: http://twitter.com/#!/capcomeuro 

Hype boner lost.
#53 Posted by Rek503 (125 posts) -
@UnsavedHero: 3rd strike isn't coming for another year from what I have read.
#54 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

@Rek503 said:

@UnsavedHero: 3rd strike isn't coming for another year from what I have read.

what. The trailer that came out yesterday said summer.

#55 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

@Rek503: @Jeffsekai: Just watched the trailer again to confirm that yes, in fact, it said Summer 2011.

#56 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

i'm in no rush. i will probably buy it sometime next month 

#57 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -
@V: From the few games I played, E. Honda is free to all jump-ins if he doesn't have any Super bar to spend.
#58 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

@V: From the few games I played, E. Honda is free to all jump-ins if he doesn't have any Super bar to spend.

This. Just played a few matches myself to see how shitty Honda is. Christ.

Second game I played I ran into DMG Weaksauce, that shit was over quick lol. Fuck Fei Long.

#59 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

@JJOR64: jesus have you run into any cammys/play cammy yourself by any chance?

#60 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:

@JJOR64: jesus have you run into any cammys/play cammy yourself by any chance?

Haven't played any yet.   Why?
#61 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

@JJOR64: dive kicks got nerfed and she got better normals.. curious

#62 Posted by mooncake (160 posts) -

wow Yun is way too easy to play

#63 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Ulong said:
How are the Sakura buffs? I know she's not gonig to be Yun/Fei Long teir or anything crazy like that, but is she a legitimate threat now? I was playing her in SF4, but I ended up switching over to dhalsim because I was alot more able to consistantly win matches and be awesome. I'd kind of like to give her another try in AE.  Failing that I could allways just be one of the millions and millions of Fei Longs, I allways kind of liked him but never took the time to learn properly.
There was nothing wrong with Sakura... 

:D
#64 Posted by Scullinator (514 posts) -

I will be downloading and jumping on when I get home.  Granted I have not touched this game in many months being drawn into MvC3 and MK, but Im excited to see if my Blanka skills still exist.  Any one looking for just good fun checking out the new characters hit me up.  Love playing and not a sore looser , like I said , just checking out the new stuff and having a good time.

GT: Scullinator and Il be home and playing some time shortly after 6pm eastern time.

#65 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I'm sitting and waiting and hoping that the US PSN update will affect EU too even though I know that won't happen. Shit sux.

#66 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

its up on psn, but you have to search arcade edition. 

#67 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

I'm downloading it now. for some reason you have to search arcade edition to find it

#68 Posted by Elyhaym (238 posts) -

@Jack268: Right there with you.

#69 Edited by V (328 posts) -

Now that AE is out, my hype has started to shift to SFxT and this bad boy...

#70 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -

No thanks.

#71 Posted by bmehlers (133 posts) -

I am completely new to Street Fighter, and am wanting to get Super Street Fighter 4.  Should I purchase the new Arcade Edition disc, or save $20 and start out with regular Super SF 4?  In other words, will AE be essential to SSF4 play going forward?  Thanks for any advice.

#72 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@nothingman84 said:

I am completely new to Street Fighter, and am wanting to get Super Street Fighter 4.  Should I purchase the new Arcade Edition disc, or save $20 and start out with regular Super SF 4?  In other words, will AE be essential to SSF4 play going forward?  Thanks for any advice.

Well the DLC is only 15 bucks, so if you can find SSF4 for 20, and then dl the DLC for 15, math wise you get the same game for less then 40. 
#73 Posted by mooncake (160 posts) -
@nothingman84: It'll really depend on how you're going to play, and how deep you want to get into the game. If you are going to get into the competitive scene, Arcade Edition, is pretty much a must.  If you're just playing with friends offline, SSFIV will do you fine. 

I will say though that, you'll probably have a better online experience with the new Arcade Edition add-on, because it'll be attracting new players. Regular SSFIV is populated by really good players, or at least players that have definitely gotten the hang of the game. So if you're just starting out, there should be a better chance that there will be newer players online that will be on similar levels. 
#74 Edited by cryptic_code (89 posts) -

So which characters got nerfed in AE?

#75 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

@cryptic_code said:

all of them

#76 Posted by liquidfkinfire (65 posts) -

Man.... its going to suck when everyone not on the yun train, jumps on the mak train. I struggled through the bad matches, figuring out how to play her, and now any smuck is just going to ex hayate all day. Oh well, i can't wait to get home and punch a bunch of people in the junk.

#77 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

So besides getting the AE early there is no difference right? If I get the disc doesn't that come with a whole new set of trophies or doe sit use the old data? I think i just want the disc for peace of mind.

#78 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

@cryptic_code said:

all of them

Except mine hahahahahahahahahaha
#79 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@Pessh said:
@Jeffsekai said:

@cryptic_code said:

all of them

Except mine hahahahahahahahahaha

...and mine. 

Free untechable knockdown from a hit-confirm, st.lp doesn't whiff as much and a cr.mp as good as Ryu's? 

Yeah, Ken is pretty fucking decent now.
#80 Posted by Brake (1130 posts) -

It's on the European PSN now as well. You have to go through the All Games menu and so on. It hasn't shown up in the Newest content section yet.

Wonder how long it's been up there, I've been following the PS EU blog all day and they got nothing on it.

#81 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

@ChineseTea: yeh i just turned on and searched for arcade edition and it was sitting there... tried it last night and got nothing

#82 Posted by YetiAntics (1493 posts) -

In all honesty, I shouldve waited for the disc release.

At least there, i could've gotten my money back.

#83 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

Lovin that dash attack Oni has, as well as Evil Ryu's new kick move. Yun seems ridiculous. I played him in Arcade on medium and he beat me from one side of the screen to the other haha

#84 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Playing endless with Lianghu lol

#85 Posted by rmanthorp (4057 posts) -

Yang yo!

#86 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Played some AE last night and got rocked. 0-6. Seems a hell of a lot harder than vanilla SSFIV, either that or the matchmaking on AE is balls.

#87 Edited by mubress (1517 posts) -

A little heads up to anyone else who is like me and finds the amount of stuff on screen a bit much now (PP, BP, Titles, leaderboard rank etc). In the options menu under screen config you can turn that stuff on/off. Apologies if this is common knowledge, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.