AE ON ITS WAY TO CONSOLES

• 130 results
#1 Edited by Pessh (2459 posts) -

• Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Oni
  • New elite channel - View players with over 3000pp
  • AE balance changes
  • New costumes or support for new costumes so everyone can see them when they become dlc, probably the later
  • You can follow players, get updated when they post new replays, kinda like youtube I guess
  • Prologues and endings for new characters
  • Your title is now shown in game above the life bar
  • You can send replays to friends now
  • Versus battles against regular SSFIV players also supported?
  • Oh and its DLC
#2 Edited by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

I don't understand why anyone would be too excited about something like this.. sigh, have fun guys I guess.

edit: Oh, it's DLC
okay, I'm intrigued.

Yoshinori Ono, you amazing bastard.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (24427 posts) -

Youtube spam is spammy.

#4 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@thehexeditor said:

" I don't understand why anyone would be too excited about something like this.. sigh, have fun guys I guess.edit: Oh, it's DLCokay, I'm intrigued. "

...because.... Man.... KEN BUFFS! *faints*

@Pessh: @Hailinel: Better add a word or two, bud, before Hailinel flags you.

After watching that video I am now so fucking hyped.

Capcom always gets me; hook, line and sinker.
#5 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -

Now Just the question of how much.

#6 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -
@TechHits said:
" Now Just the question of how much. "
True, the answer to this makes or breaks it.
#7 Posted by Hailinel (24427 posts) -

Having just watched it, all I can say is that the online additions and enhancements look really nice, but Evil Ryu and Oni look lamer than ever.

#8 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
seriously

i dont care how much... just insert it into my veins already capcom PLEASE

edit: just watched video... english voice actors are loltastic
#9 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -
@Pessh:  lol, that video title has one to many S's
#10 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@TechHits said:
" @Pessh:  lol, that video title has one to many S's "
Henceforth, it shall be known as Super Super Street Fighter 4.
#11 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@TechHits said:
" @Pessh:  lol, that video title has one to many S's "
I lost count in all this excitement
#12 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

June can't come soon enough

#13 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I am excited.

#14 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i want ed to get back in sF might as well hop on with this.

hope its reeasonably priced

#15 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
so you can pick which version to play against?
will i be able to play SSF4 cammy vs AE ken and shit? cause that would be pretty effin cool
#16 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -
@Pessh:  wait, have they announced a release date? or is June still a rumor.
#17 Edited by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@TechHits: Its a truemour

@VicRattlehead: That sounds a bit crazy. I think it'll be when you start up you can pick between Super and AE or something like that
#18 Posted by leroyrockwell (49 posts) -

@thehexeditor said:

" @TechHits said:

" Now Just the question of how much. "
True, the answer to this makes or breaks it. "
The answer lies............. in the heart of battle.

With the way DLC has been upping the price. My guess is 15-20 bucks.  That's based on the fact Capcom is charging $5 a character in MAHVEL and 4 bucks a pop for 5 costumes.  Hope for a quick release but I also hope for a the lease 2 more characters.
#19 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@VicRattlehead:  I was wondering the same thing.  I could see it where the AE DLC itself is free, but you have to pay for the characters.  Alternatively, they could roll out the character tweaks to everyone, but you have to pay for the replay channel and characters.  Or it could be something completely different.  At any rate, I'll probably pick this up; I figure it'll be $20.
#20 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -
@Pessh said:

"  Yeah make it DLC, segregate the user base, limit sales, nightmare for tournament organisers. Great idea." 

They're completely different games. There's no way you could play with people without the new content.    

I was just reading the other thread and I'm happy you were wrong about these things!
#21 Posted by buft (3316 posts) -

Im calling it 1600 ms points or $20 on release day

#22 Posted by JudahJones (48 posts) -

This'll make leaving MvC3 that much easier

#23 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

LOL at E.Ryu's alt. 

#24 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
"
so you can pick which version to play against?
will i be able to play SSF4 cammy vs AE ken and shit? cause that would be pretty effin cool "
That's what I was thinking, kinda like what they did in AE (Anniversary Edition lol...)
#25 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
"will i be able to play SSF4 cammy vs AE ken and shit? cause that would be pretty effin cool "
And 100% broken.

I hope it turns out to be true.
#26 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @VicRattlehead said:
"will i be able to play SSF4 cammy vs AE ken and shit? cause that would be pretty effin cool "
And 100% broken.

"
The only thing that would be different would be the dmg on most characters, in the case of Cammy it would be cool to SSF4 Cammy vs AE Cammy since SSF4 Cammy can still instant dive kick but AE Cammy has better normals. I really don't think it would be that broken.
#27 Posted by groin (846 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @VicRattlehead said:
And 100% broken.

"
No one would ever play AE Honda and AE cammy if that were possible.
#28 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
" i dont care how much... just insert it into my veins already capcom PLEASE "
I'm ashamed to say I also feel this way, the replay stuff especially looks cool.

Really don't understand how you can possibly play against people who don't download the dlc though, seen as it has balance changes. Does that mean the new characters will be broken if you play Vanilla SSFIV?
#29 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -
@Hailinel: We make exceptions on the youtube spam rule if it features new gameplay or trailers that haven't been posted on the site by members of staff. This thread get's a pass. If it's goofy old content that has just been remixed, like machinima or clips of old gameplay, that would be youtube spam ^__^

@Pessh: The video seems to have been taken down by Capcom for copyright violation. Is there another one you can embed to replace it?
#30 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

oh shit.... the capcops are on the case already.... didn't take em long

#31 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Hmmm.....
#32 Edited by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@Sweep: Thanks, just added another one.

@VicRattlehead: I know right, normally takes them a while
#33 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Mesoian said:

"

Hmmm..... "
I may literally explode if that happened.
@Jeffsekai: Yeah, man, that's probably true. '100% unfair' might have been a better wording. SSF4 Makoto vs. AE Makoto just doesn't seem right.
#34 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Mesoian: I'd say it's more likely Oni goes on the right side so it's still symmetrical. 

Besides, they would've been discovered when Oni and Evil Ryu were discovered by hackers, and it doesn't seem right of Capcom to let the arcade players who finally got Super wait another year to play those 8 new characters. I guess they could do it, but it's kind of a dick move.
#35 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -
@Mesoian said:
"
Hmmm..... "
Interesting, I remember there was a rumor that there was going to be 12 new characters or something a while ago.
#36 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I very excite.

I was genuinely surprised when I saw another fighter besides Evil Ryu, Yun, and Yang, and Oni actually looks like a cool character.  The only problem is... too many shotos!
Oh well.  Still can't wait.
#37 Posted by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

I'm excited we are finally hearing about this again, I'm not excited about how expensive this is looking like it's going to be.

#38 Posted by leroyrockwell (49 posts) -
@Mesoian:  Let's just make more Evil version
let's see 8 characters..
Shadow Lady Chun Li
Psycho Ken
Dark Sakura
Killer Bee Cammy
crap running out of characters that existed once.
#39 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

Drunk Dan

#40 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -
@Mesoian said:
"
Hmmm..... "
Every year we will get 4 more, till it starts over again with SFV.
#41 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -

I really don't want Arcade Edition balance. Super was extremely well balanced and AE seems like quite the opposite. Hmpf.
Also, I hope it won't be too many characters, because this game already consists of an incredible amount of match-up knowledge, it's getting crazy and takes the fun out of learning it.

#42 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Yay!

I mean I'll still suck after I buy it but...

Yay!
#43 Posted by Damodar (1375 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" I really don't want Arcade Edition balance. Super was extremely well balanced and AE seems like quite the opposite. Hmpf.Also, I hope it won't be too many characters, because this game already consists of an incredible amount of match-up knowledge, it's getting crazy and takes the fun out of learning it. "
While I agree, it's not too bad if it's a few characters and some balance tweaks to learn once a year :P

BRING ON THE AE! YEAH!
#44 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

I'm not paying for more Shotos. 

#45 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

oh Capcom, you so silly with your embargos

Anyway, hopefully this wont be as broken as the ACTUAL AE edition, where Yun/Yang are on Super turbo Akuma or Vanilla SF4 sagat levels, from what I hear

#46 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Trying so hard to care...not working.

#47 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

The only surprise is that its DLC.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it'll be the same AE. Japan isn't going to nulify the advantage they gave their own players

/conspiracy theory

#48 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

that character select screen is mildly intriguing i admit, if there were in fact 8 more characters to be revealed maybe we could get some crazyness like rolento or something, and then i could forgive them for having Evil Ryu in. As it stands...no. Im still buying it of course, and probably not playing it after 1 week... why do I keep buying fighting games >_< At least Hakan is buffed, that makes me happy :)

#49 Edited by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Also, the "lupinko" guy (the real one) that leaked the MvC3 roster has stated that balance changes are free, but word on the street is Oni, Evil Ryu, Trowa, and Duo (I swear Yang and Yun look like those two from Gundam Wing lol) are gonna be sold individually.

Also PAL territories will also be getting a disc version, no word on NTSC territories.

#50 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@ricetopher said:
"word on the street is Oni, Evil Ryu, Trowa, and Duo (I swear Yang and Yun look like those two from Gundam Wing lol) are gonna be sold individually. "
You have to be fucking kidding me.

Did you choose an unfortunate wording, or are they going to be sold one a piece? 

That might be the only thing possible to stop me buying this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.