Any Adon players around here?

#1 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

So I always jump from character to character (I get bored with a character quickly, which kinda sucks). I've tried a bit of Adon. He's not great. He's seems good against shotos. That's about it.

Are there any Adon players here that can give me some advice? Any good combos (I know he isn't great with combos but a good BnB hit confirm would be nice). Any good stratergies? And I'm not interested in the dumb week one Adon bullshit tricks like wall dive then mash Rising Jaguar.

I know I should go to a place like SRK or something but I'd rather get imput from you experts. Anyone faught a good Adon and know good stratergies against him? I wanna know all your collected wisdom.

#2 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1130 posts) -

Watch replays with commands turned on.

#3 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -
@Scooper said:
 Any good combos (I know he isn't great with combos but a good BnB hit confirm would be nice). 
I use C.LK->C.LP->C.LP->LK Rising Jag. as a hit confirm when i mess with Adon. You can also just do two C.LK into LK Rising .
#4 Edited by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:

" @Scooper said:

Any good combos (I know he isn't great with combos but a good BnB hit confirm would be nice). 
I use C.LK->C.LP->C.LP->LK Rising Jag. as a hit confirm when i mess with Adon. You can also just do two C.LK into LK Rising . "
How hard is that link? I thought he had no combos thats why i never played him 

EDIT: SRK sucks 
#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Adon has no combos

Ok he does but they are very basic like Scoop said. He's very special dependant

#6 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Good stuff people. Keep it coming. I'm liking Adon quite a bit.

#7 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

Why would I play as taht Second rate Muay Thai fighter when I could have the king, Sagat? (lol, JK)
#8 Posted by PhaggyBigNastyMcKill (564 posts) -

Every character's BnB hit confirm is Cr, jabs or shorts link into some special move. 

#9 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" Every character's BnB hit confirm is Cr, jabs or shorts link into some special move.  "
No it isn't.
#10 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

Special Buddy's combo is a great wakeup return, and it is really variable as you can switchup the amount of your LKs and almost always return with a Rising Jaguar.  

Also, you can combo with certain LK's and LP's (I forget right now, go try it out in Training) into his Super real easy that leaves the opponent blocking low and trying to prepare for the Super and getting pummeled with it. Jaguar Tooth mixups like LK, MK, LK, HK will have the opponent jumping around trying to read you. Oh, and always being on the move and having at least a dash distance from the enemy is a great way to keep yourself safe from almost anything.  

The Jag. Crunch is really good to combo into because you can do his FA into the crunch, then maybe do the Rising combo or a jag. kick. Try out some punch combos into the crunch because people always seem to forget about the second elbow hit of it. Oh, and people have issues punishing a well placed wakeup rising jaguar. If you can do it fast enough it is really hard to punish.  

/musings of a mediocre Adon player. 

#11 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

Jaguar Tooth then Rising Jaguar is the best combo! lol!

He doesn't have long string combos, but he does have some like 2-3 hit links.  Adon is more like a character used with confusing baiting tactics.  One of the things I do that somewhat confuses my opponents is just a simple c.mk, then linked with a HK jaguar kick to confuse him from blocking high, then maybe throw in a Rising Jaguar afterwards, but of course, that doesn't work 100% of the time.  His standing HK is also effective and can give you instantly 2 hits against your opponent.  Adon is more of a character that depends on single low and high mix ups and lots of baiting.  And even if the Jaguar Tooth then Rising Jaguar combo seems cheap, it is effective and I don't think it's really cheap since you can block both special moves anyway.  If you got caught by it, then it's most likely your fault for taking the bait. 

Fight Rhaknar and check out his style, he's one of the best Adon players I've fought so far. :P

#12 Posted by MrMuffinzzz (98 posts) -

Okay, people ALWAYS forget this, jaguar kick can save your life! If your getting spammed or you're up against a wall just use it to escape. Use basic hits in combination with rising jaguar for extra damage. Also jump over someone and use rising jaguar from behind to catch your opponent off guard.

#13 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@SirOptimusPrime: @lilbigsupermario: @MrMuffinzzz: Thanks! All good advise and tricks there. I found that you can link his c.LP into his c.MP with what seems a 2 frame link or so. That's good news. He's actualy got alot of cool pokes. I like his st.mk and st.hk alot. It seems he's all about those baits and coming in at wierd angles and being unpredictable. Once I get the distances in my head so I know which Jaguar kick to use without having to think first I think he'll be much better to use. I just found out that he's got a somewhat instant air Jaguar Kick, kinda like Cammy's but you have to delay the kick slightly because Adon can't do it that low to the ground.

Good stuff people. Adon seems to of come out of nowhere really in the last few weeks. At launch and soon after no one used him and dismissed him as total garbage but as soon as Valle and that guy who faught Daigo got seen on the web more people have tried him out and found the right way to play him effectively. And interesting character.
#14 Posted by lordofultima (6287 posts) -

Adon is pretty good. Good normals, annoying.

#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

mind games with light and medium jaguar tooth are fun

#16 Posted by MrMuffinzzz (98 posts) -
@Scooper: Lots of people are playing as Adon now? grrrrr.... I liked when he was a very underused character at launch. I mained him at launch day son!
#17 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

How long is this Adon phase going to last? Your gonna run out of characters soon.

#18 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@jaycee13 said:
" How long is this Adon phase going to last? Your gonna run out of characters soon. "
Tell me about it. There could be 60 characters there and I'd still feel there isn't enough. I think I've tried 3 quarters of the cast now to quite a degree. Guile, Seth, Gouken, Bison, Akuma, Sakura, Ryu, Rose, DeeJay. You name it I've probably played them lmao.
#19 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -
#20 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I like using HK JT > LK RJ > FADC.  Throw them if they block, hit them with another RJ (or Ultra 2) if the first RJ hits.

j.MK is a great crossup into a hit-confirm (c.LP > c.LP > RJ > FADC > RJ/Ultra 2).  JK after knockdown can mess up people if they don't expect it.

I probably use his s.HK more than anything else.  Great speed, great range, 2-hitter so can beat FA if done close enough.

I think the main reason I continue to use Adon (even though I'm not very good with him) is that I mained Cammy in SF4 and was always completely destroyed by Balrog.  When I switched to SSF4, I obliterated Balrog with Adon, so I naturally loved him right away :)

#21 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Yeah I felt like that with the original SFIV, I just didn't like any of the characters, they all had flaws that I couldn't look past. 

Lucky I like Ibuki and Makoto, otherwise I'd be doing the same as you haha. On topic, Adon's normals seems really good... Specials not so much.

#22 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" So I always jump from character to character (I get bored with a character quickly, which kinda sucks). I've tried a bit of Adon. He's not great. He's seems good against shotos. That's about it.  Are there any Adon players here that can give me some advice? Any good combos (I know he isn't great with combos but a good BnB hit confirm would be nice). Any good stratergies? And I'm not interested in the dumb week one Adon bullshit tricks like wall dive then mash Rising Jaguar.  I know I should go to a place like SRK or something but I'd rather get imput from you experts. Anyone faught a good Adon and know good stratergies against him? I wanna know all your collected wisdom. "
Yoo. I attempted to pick up Adon, but the trick with him, is constantly crossing up, hoping around and misleadingly guiding the player around and get them to do stupid shit. Adon doesn't have that many solid combos, so most players rely on randomness and spastic playstyles to keep foes guessing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.