Any challenges for AE characters?

#1 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

I was hoping to get a basic grasp on some of the AE characters but it looks like there are no combo challenges for any of the new characters in AE. Does anyone know if there are plans for that?

#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

No go one eventhubs or SRK they will get you going.

#3 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I took a look, and it doesn't seem to be happening. But honestly, most of the challenges trials don't tell you anything helpful, and combos ain't everything. 

#4 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
I took a look, and it doesn't seem to be happening. But honestly, most of the challenges trials don't tell you anything helpful, and combos ain't everything. 

 
True, but if you don't know any how do you expect to land decent damage? 

 
Solid fundamentals and a few hit-confirms/strong punishers and you're better than the vast majority or online players.
#5 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@GetEveryone said: 
Solid fundamentals and a few hit-confirms/strong punishers and you're better than the vast majority or online players.
I think that used to be true but as the majority of people who are playing AE have been playing since SFIV, there aren't that many bad players around.
#6 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -
@StaticFalconar I know some of the combos in trials aren't too practical but it helps me grasp the fundamentals of a character. What goes into what, and how I should be approaching the opponent in a match.
#7 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
@StaticFalconar I know some of the combos in trials aren't too practical but it helps me grasp the fundamentals of a character. What goes into what, and how I should be approaching the opponent in a match.
I agree. The trials are a good place to start if your leaning a new character, it's a shame the AE guys don't have any.
#8 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -

Trials are ass

#9 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
@StaticFalconar I know some of the combos in trials aren't too practical but it helps me grasp the fundamentals of a character. What goes into what, and how I should be approaching the opponent in a match.

@mubress said:
@GetEveryone said: 
Solid fundamentals and a few hit-confirms/strong punishers and you're better than the vast majority or online players.
I think that used to be true but as the majority of people who are playing AE have been playing since SFIV, there aren't that many bad players around.
Maybe I should make myself more clear. No trial has ever helped me learn a combo. For all intents and purposes, the trials combos are about as helpful as seeing the writing notation for combos on SRK. Which brings me to, SRK and other sites ain't exactly a secret, and they usually have a youtube link showing me how a combo looks as well as some tips on getting the timing down if its tricky. I probably learned more about how to approach an opponent in a match up with the replay system (as well as youtube vids ans such), then I ever did with the trials. 
#10 Posted by lordofultima (6184 posts) -

So this AE business any good? Might have to download this bad boy tomorrow.

#11 Posted by Smacraigen (17 posts) -

I'm a bit bummed that there aren't challenges for the new characters.  I mean, they don't help all that much, but I've always found them fun.  And clearing those higher level combos feels good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.