Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Anyone ever have a fightstick quit working?

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bearshamanbro

I think my fightstick may have bit the dust. Plugged it in today and not getting any signal from either USB port (PS3) and tried restarting the machine and still nothing. I'm guessing that it might be a short in the cord and probably hard to fix. Just seeing if anyone has fixed or had anything like this happen before.

If it can't be fixed the Real Arcade Pro V3 SA looks like a good buy. Anyone have any experience with those vs the madcatz sticks?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

It's a TE right? They had PCB problems before which was sort of fixed with the Chun-Li TE-S. If it's just the cable, you can try getting a short replacement USB cable for the inside section, cut a hole for a Neutrik USB port, and a USB cable to connect to a PS3. 

Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks are solid stuff. The more pricier models are similar to MadCatz sticks in terms of button layout. They feel very solid.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

I probably can't help you, but just curious, what model stick was it and how long have you had it? 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

A fightpad as I hate sticks. Thankfully fightpads, while rare, are still cheaper than sticks to replace.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bearshamanbro

@StaticFalconar: @ThePhantomnaut: Thanks for the response. It's one of the old arcade pro 3's (like the attached). I've had it for about 2.5 years and the only thing I've done to it is swap out the buttons. I think the new ones are a much better design because it has the cord compartment (I know the madcatz have that too). I basically wrapped the cord around the whole thing when I wasn't playing it and I think that might have caused a cord issue.

No Caption Provided

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bearshamanbro

@MysteriousBob: I like pads a lot as I grew up on them, I just have problems with hitting the buttons consistently (It's mainly a right hand issue for me). More specifically I have problems hitting simultaneous buttons like 3 buttons for SF ultras unless I go the Claw route on a Saturn type pad - which feels weird to me.

Stefanten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stefanten

Have you checked if other controllers work on your PS3? It might me your USB ports. In any case, try plugging your stick in to your PC and check if it registers.

I know this is a longshot, but this happened to my friend just yesterday (on 360 and with a TE though).

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Enigma777

Change the batteries.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bearshamanbro

@Enigma777: I don't think there's any batteries on the old RAP3's as far as I know. Opened it up and don't see anything in there.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bearshamanbro

Ok, after taking it apart and putting everything back together it's working now (probably is a short in the cord). Looking at the insides, the main usb cord looks like it can be replaced easily replaced so I'll journey over to Lizard Licks and get that ordered. Thanks everybody for the ideas.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

The regular Real Arcade Pro models have that cable issue for some. Just find what you need at the store and you should be set!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.