Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Are tournaments spectator friendly?

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aceedkins

Thinking of going to one today, but as I'm not anywhere near tournament level I want to go and spectate. Is this a good idea?

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gosukiller

Depends on the tournament. Why aren't you playing yourself? No harm in at least trying it, even if you are horrible.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By VicRattlehead

yeh even if you think your not near tournament level you should play.... playing other people will prob give you confidence and you can ask people how to improve your game

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't see the problem with simply going there to spectate.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @gosukiller said:
    " Depends on the tournament. Why aren't you playing yourself? No harm in at least trying it, even if you are horrible. "
    Actually there is harm in playing if you are absolutely terrible, you will get laughed at. Unless you live in SoCal where they actually welcome and teach beginners the best thing you can do is just watch.  

Now if you mean playing casuals that would be going on at the same time then yea go for it, but don't waste your money if you suck.

@aceedkins: Depends how big the tournament is if its 16+ it would be worth a watch otherwise don't bother.
    MarceloAbans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MarceloAbans

Heck ya! You learn so much from watching others play and actually the better you get the more exciting it becomes. I always like watching other Cody's play and I'll grown at a missed combo or ultra opportunity. It's a blast not to mention like yourself that is going to one live you can get in some casuals make friends. it's a blast..

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

Unless you are going to support your friends and family, the only way they will share the  comradery with you is if you enter. Even if you don't win one round, people are a lot more open to talking with you if you showed the balls to at least step up. Cause today's last place winner could show improvement and make competition better in the long run, but pure spectators are like stream monsters for life. 

sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sho76und3wd

Just play.  Who cares if anyone says anything.  In the long run, it is a video game.  If someone really thinks that they are superior to anyone for being better at SF than you, more power to them.  Just go, have fun, and play and learn.  

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " Unless you are going to support your friends and family, the only way they will share the  comradery with you is if you enter. Even if you don't win one round, people are a lot more open to talking with you if you showed the balls to at least step up. Cause today's last place winner could show improvement and make competition better in the long run, but pure spectators are like stream monsters for life.  "
    This is true. Even if you do suck if you at lest show ambition to get better most people will wanna help you out to help there scene grow.
    MarceloAbans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MarceloAbans

Absolutely..

SugarRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By SugarRay
    @aceedkins said:
    " Thinking of going to one today, but as I'm not anywhere near tournament level I want to go and spectate. Is this a good idea? "
    Seeing how this was 3 days ago, did you end up going and if so how was your experience?

Growing up playing SF 2 at local stores, tournaments in SoCal - it was an incredible experience and atmosphere for a young teenager me. Nowadays, I dunno I'm sure it's changed but the aspect of being around people enjoying the same game as you is always good. Plus, if you only know online play or casuals offline play with same skill as you, it's also good to see competitive live play without the lag and such. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@aceedkins: Did you end up going?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.