bought costume. getting new ps3. need answer

#1 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

i got fat ps3. bought female costume with it. now if i buy new slim ps3 and making a new psn id on the new ps3 unit..... will i still be able to play chun li with the costume i bought on dlc with my new psn id on my new ps3?

- bought costume dlc with old ps3 unit

- getting new ps3 unit along with new psn id

- will i be able to use costume content while playing on my new psn id on my new ps3 unit?

#2 Edited by John1912 (1884 posts) -

Pretty sure its linked to that ID, so Id say no. Id check your PSN account info, Im sure it would list terms of purchase. Also see if you can add a id to the credit card, but Im guessing you need to use the old ID

#3 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

any way around it? theres got to be something

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

@AnnouncerGXZ:

Put your old account onto the new ps3. re download the costume. Delete the user and create a new one.

#5 Edited by John1912 (1884 posts) -

I have a similar issue. Live account got hacked, so they froze it. Bought batman, and had to make a 2nd account to dload the Catwoman DLC. Pretty sure I cant swap it to my original account, which was unlocked a day later >.> Could just keep the old account and log in on that to play SF4

#6 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@AnnouncerGXZ:

Put your old account onto the new ps3. re download the costume. Delete the user and create a new one.

is this mean i really can be able to play chun li on her dlc costume ON MY NEW PSN ID?

1- login old psn id to new ps3 unit

2- download the already-paid dlc costume (how?)

3- delete psn id? or you talking about ps3 unit login name?

#7 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

@AnnouncerGXZ:

on psn go to download history and redownload the costume. it should be a small tab in the top right hand corner

also delete the ps3 user login name and make a new one

#8 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@AnnouncerGXZ:

on psn go to download history and redownload the costume. it should be a small tab in the top right hand corner

also delete the ps3 unit login name and make a new one

when you said "Put your old account onto the new ps3" you mean the unit-name? i thought you meant psn id.

so all i have to do is put my old unit-name to my new ps3? and login psn with my old psn-id? then download the costume? then delete old unit-name? then login to new psn-id then wala?

im not quite understand but im just happy that it is posible to get my dlc content while playing on my new psn-id. please confirm.

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

@AnnouncerGXZ:

it is defiantly possible.

When you turn on the new ps3 you will create a user. Just go ahead and create two users (you can make as many as you want). Use one of them to sign into your old psn account and download the costume. Then choose the other user to create your new psn ID. the content will have been downloaded onto the system and will be usable by anyone using that system regards of the psn they use to go online with. You can then delete the user with your old psn id on it if you want (the content will remain on your system even after the user is deleted) or just leave it there.

#10 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

You might as well try is since i doubt many people have multiple psn accounts to dl the same thing since the PSN accounts usually mean different accounts. Like if i made an account and put money on it i cant make another account and take that money from it without sending it to that account via the original. If its just the PSN name on your ps3 then you can, if its an actual different PSN account then no. You cannot unless you load up that PSN account to your new one.

#11 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

@McShank said:

You might as well try is since i doubt many people have multiple psn accounts to dl the same thing since the PSN accounts usually mean different accounts. Like if i made an account and put money on it i cant make another account and take that money from it without sending it to that account via the original. If its just the PSN name on your ps3 then you can, if its an actual different PSN account then no. You cannot unless you load up that PSN account to your new one.

so you doubting darth? you dont think it is possible to play on new psn-id with dlc purchased via old psn-id and old ps3 unit? if i misunderstand you please say so. i have hard time understanding people.

and darth ill come back to this thread and read again once i get the new ps3.

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

@AnnouncerGXZ:

for sure if any questions come up feel free to message me

#13 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

hey darth orange you here right now? or anyone that have knowledge of this? my old ps3 and my old name i bought street fighter costume at psn. now i got new ps3 unit and want new psn name along with it and wanted to play with my costume i bought on my new ps3/new psn name. is this how i do it?

just confirming if this is right.

1: turn on newly slim

2: go with default user1 as ps3 name creation

3: login to old psn name

4: download at psn download history to get the costume content that bought from old ps3/old psn name

5: make new psn name

6: make new ps3 name

7: delete newly created user1 ps3 name

8: login to new ps3 name and new psn name and wala! ge to play with my costume that i bought from my old ps3/old psn name on my new ps3/new psn name

tell me if you see any wrong move. i did not do it yet but want to confirm everyhing is correct before i do it. i am thinking of a new psn name as i wait for answers.

#14 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

You cannot do that. You can only play content you bought on the account you bought it on.
 
Go to your old PS3, go to account management, system activation, select game and then deactivate, and then video and then deactivate that. Then, go to your new PS3, put in your existing PSN ID and go to Playstation Store, up at the top right you should see a couple of tabs: Search, Redeem Codes, View Downloads, View Cart. Go to view downloads and scroll down until you found the item, then download it again and install it and you are now able to use it.

#15 Edited by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

@N7 said:

You cannot do that. You can only play content you bought on the account you bought it on. Go to your old PS3, go to account management, system activation, select game and then deactivate, and then video and then deactivate that. Then, go to your new PS3, put in your existing PSN ID and go to Playstation Store, up at the top right you should see a couple of tabs: Search, Redeem Codes, View Downloads, View Cart. Go to view downloads and scroll down until you found the item, then download it again and install it and you are now able to use it.

you saying it is impossible to play the paid content i purchased with my old psn id on my new psn id? but i can still play with it on my new ps3 slim with my old psn id?

i forgot to mention my old fat ps3 is broken. so i cannot access the fat ps3 anymore but when it was half dead i manage to deactivate psn games i bought on it. so im all good about activate/deactivate.

so again you saying i cannot play my chun li costume on my new psn id? say i purchase the costume for my haha id..... i cannot play with that costume on my new hoho psn id?

i dont really care for the psn game. i bought that car game for 15 bucks... i regret. it suck like shiet forgot the name. i also careless about sf ranks. i only care for my paid costume! i want to permanently play with a new psn id but i also need my paid costume!

#16 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -
@AnnouncerGXZ: If you put the old account on your PS3 and redownload the content, you can still play it on the new account.
 
I just meant that you cannot just make a new account and it be there without redownloading it.
#17 Edited by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

@N7 said:

@AnnouncerGXZ: If you put the old account on your PS3 and redownload the content, you can still play it on the new account. I just meant that you cannot just make a new account and it be there without redownloading it.

wow then im all set! all i have to do now is wait for my damn email that i created with my old psn id to activate. i dont use that email for a long time it deactivate now have to wait 24 hours to be activate so i can login to psn.

yup.... fully understood. high five!

#18 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -
@AnnouncerGXZ: Have fun brodenski!
#19 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

cool but whats brodenski? or is it a person? im not him. i google it and saw a black haired dude. im not him.

#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2767 posts) -

I doubt this is going to work. Secondary accounts dont take ownership of DLC, they can just access it. He would have to keep the old PSN ID if he ever needed to re download anything. Also today is the day that Sony is starting to crack down on PSN sharing so I am sure that will have some effect on this plan down the line.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.