Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

can Arcade-Edition players jump in on us SUPER players?

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

what happend to super street fighter 4 on ps3? i havent play for a long time cause my fat ps3 broke. now come back after 11,12 months and wait long for someone to jump in during arcade mode, rank match enabled. back then it was like one after another jumping in nonstop. now this is like one person jump in..... wait... beat 4 cpu and finally another perosn jump in.... beat 4 cpu and so on.

is this due to everyone switch to arcade edition? meaning Arcade-Edition players cannot jump in on SUPER players during arcade mode rank match enabled?

edit: wow beat 7 cpu and no one jump in! whats up???? is it my end? internet? cant be.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

AE is a different game, the balance of characters has changed. So unless the AE player is SPECIFICALLY searching for a regular SSFIV online match, they will not be matched up with you.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

so theres an option for Arcade Edition players to search to fight for SUPER players or not. by default they fight with Arcade Edition players.

if this is true, no wonder SUPER takes slower for challenger to jump in. they all flock to Arcade Edition.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chrissedoff

@AnnouncerGXZ: i don't know why, though. i bought arcade edition and it sucked, so i went back to super.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @AnnouncerGXZ I dont know what your problem is i usually just play super and i have AE on the PS3 and find plenty of matches even with arcade request... What region are you in?
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By jkuc316

I never get in anything using quick match, but I use custom match and I set the option to both versions, so yeah it just depends on how it was set by the player searching..

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

nevermind i just play today which is weekend and it is one after another no cpu break while in arcade mode rank match enabled. maybe yesterday i have bad internet or bad time everyone sleeping.

yeah the network mode searching never been working for me ever since i first bought regular street fighter 4. super is the same. i always go arcade mode rank match enabled.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.