Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Capcom, how you mock me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Edited By Hailinel

Out of the cast of Street Fighter Alpha 3, my favorite character to play has always been Juli.  Not exactly the strongest personality in Street Fighter, but her moves clicked for me more than other characters in the game.  Still, given that she's not exactly a frequenter of favorite Street Fighter character lists, I can't say I ever expected her to appear in any other game beyond the odd Alpha 3 port or remix.

So today, word started leaking about some more of the characters to be included in the next edition of Street Fighter IV.  One of the character names that I saw crop up was "Juri."  Not exactly the same, but it's similar enough given the longstanding l/r translation issues from Japanese.  Could it be?  Did Capcom somehow randomly decide to put my favorite Alpha 3 character in Super Street Fighter IV?

Nope.
     Nope.
    Instead of my favorite of Bison's dolls, we're apparently getting a raver chick that's into Tae Kwon Do.

Huh.  Well, all right.  At least I didn't have time to get my hopes up.  Also, she's a better inclusion than T. Hawk, at any rate.  But god damn you, Capcom.  You've created so many awesome characters, and then you come up with characters like this.  :P
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hailinel

Out of the cast of Street Fighter Alpha 3, my favorite character to play has always been Juli.  Not exactly the strongest personality in Street Fighter, but her moves clicked for me more than other characters in the game.  Still, given that she's not exactly a frequenter of favorite Street Fighter character lists, I can't say I ever expected her to appear in any other game beyond the odd Alpha 3 port or remix.

So today, word started leaking about some more of the characters to be included in the next edition of Street Fighter IV.  One of the character names that I saw crop up was "Juri."  Not exactly the same, but it's similar enough given the longstanding l/r translation issues from Japanese.  Could it be?  Did Capcom somehow randomly decide to put my favorite Alpha 3 character in Super Street Fighter IV?

Nope.
     Nope.
    Instead of my favorite of Bison's dolls, we're apparently getting a raver chick that's into Tae Kwon Do.

Huh.  Well, all right.  At least I didn't have time to get my hopes up.  Also, she's a better inclusion than T. Hawk, at any rate.  But god damn you, Capcom.  You've created so many awesome characters, and then you come up with characters like this.  :P
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

I made the mistake too. The "r" in the screenshot is way ambiguous. 
    I won't pass judgement on this one yet, but it did give me a Soul Calibur vibe, and that's not a good thing because SC is a joke.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis

I'm am a bit disturbed by the size of her hands. Just...not right.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

I'm especially sorry Hailinel, because I am getting my favorite character. Maybe when the Super Street Fighter IV Super Definition Turbo Remix 3 comes out, it will include Juli.

GregIsRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GregIsRad

Can you link to some of the screenshots leaked? The French site Jeff linked to in that article is down.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @ryanwho said:
    " I made the mistake too. The "r" in the screenshot is way ambiguous. I won't pass judgement on this one yet, but it did give me a Soul Calibur vibe, and that's not a good thing because SC is a joke. "
    I wouldn't have said Soul Calibur as much as Tekken, but I see where you're coming from.  Juri just doesn't have the sort of look I normally associate with Street Fighter.

@AgentJ said:
    " I'm especially sorry Hailinel, because I am getting my favorite character. Maybe when the Super Street Fighter IV Super Definition Turbo Remix 3 comes out, it will include Juli. "

I must remain vigilant.  I've only got about seven editions to go!
    GregIsRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GregIsRad
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGremp
    @Alaska_Gamer said:
    "

"
    Indeed. 

Although Juri seems like a pretty cool character.  I kinda have a connection to any character that does Tae Kwon Do, seeing as I have a black belt in it.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Alaska_Gamer said:
    "

"
    Damn, she has Alex-size hands.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Bigandtasty: 
    They definitely aren't as big as Alex's and this is coming from someone playing as him right now in 3rd Strike.
    That being said, the little gameplay I've seen of her, she looks like a really fun character. Sort of a fusion of Bison, Elena, and maybe even Rose or Cammy.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake

Juli and Juni. I completey forgotton about those two. I did like Juli as well though, she was kinda cool.  It's a shame I'm so terrible at beat 'em ups to do her style any justice.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Bigandtasty said:
    " @Alaska_Gamer said:
    "

"
    Damn, she has Alex-size hands. "

No Caption Provided
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14  Edited By Symphony
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Bigandtasty said:
    " @Alaska_Gamer said:
    "

"
    Damn, she has Alex-size hands. "
    Damn, you beat me to it. I was made fun of by my roommates for using Chun Li. As they put it "that chick's got bigger man-hands than men!"

Anyways, I'm looking forward to learning Juri, from what I've seen of her in screenshots, she seems pretty badass.
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By GreggD

To be fair, she would just be a palette-swap of Cammy, as she and Juni were in Alpha 3.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @GreggD: Not really.  Despite their similarities, Juli and Juni weren't gameplay clones of Cammy.
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By GreggD
    @Hailinel: I guess I wasn't playing them right, then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.