Charging

#1 Edited by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

Hi guys

I have never been able to man characters like Blanka because nearly all their moves require a 'charge'. Because I have started wkith the series at SSFIV, i presume that the knowledge of how to perform a charge is considered a pre-requisite. As such, it does not detail the how to in the manual. Is anyone able to shed any light on this mystery?

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

You hold a direction (like back or down) for a second or two and then press in the opposite direction while pressing a punch or kick key.

#3 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

You can also charge immediately after doing any move, which is why you can see some people doing charge moves at what seems incredibly quick. If you remember that you will soon be doing charge moves in quick succession.

For attacks that require a downwards charge you can also charge by holding down forward, which can be useful for Blanka with his hop and Guile with his flash kick juggle combos from a standing roundhouse.

#4 Posted by lordofultima (6236 posts) -

As soon as you jump, charge in the direction that is indicated for move, hit with jumping attack, maybe a couple other attacks, then unleash the charge attack that had time to buffer during that period of time. Charge management is very important to a charge character.

#5 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2158 posts) -

I always had trouble with characters like that until just recently. Maining Chun-Li in MVC3 sorta 'taught' me with the spinning bird kick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.