Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Daigo Umehara returns to the USA - CEO 2012 Preview - June 15-17

• 51 results
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Edited By FLStyle

CEO 2012 - Daigo competes, DIVEKICK returns and playing games in a wrestling ring

No Caption Provided

We are just over 3 weeks away from EVO 2012 (Evo Championship Series on Giant Bomb) in Las Vegas with two Road to EVO tournament season events remaining. This weekend's event is CEO 2012.

No Caption Provided

Daigo 'The Beast' Umehara, sponsored by Mad Catz, among other championship wins, is the Evo 2009 Street Fighter IV world champion and the Evo 2010 Super Street Fighter IV world champion. It's a safe assumption that his fame on the internet came from the "Daigo Parry" video from Evo 2004.

His last appearance on US soil was EVO 2011 in which he failed to win a third straight SFIV tournament, swapping his tried and tested Ryu for the then (now nerfed from the highest of fighting game tierland, but at the time was) dominant Yun in Arcade Edition. He has since returned to Ryu (with Yun and Akuma in reserve) and will compete at CEO this weekend (as well as playing exhibition matches vs USA rivals) before EVO (July 6th-8th) to avenge his loss to Americans, Koreans and fellow Japanese players alike.

Other awesome stuff this weekend at CEO

• The main stage will be a wrestling ring, fucking nuts
    No Caption Provided

Where Can I watch this amazing event?

Team Spooky is handling the streaming once again at http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Secondary stream is at http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

About CEO

CEO 2010 was put together from start to finish in only 3 weeks and ended with a turnout of over 350 gamers and spectators(125 entrants for Super Street Fighter 4 alone making it the biggest fighting game turnout in Florida's History) throughout the weekend.

CEO 2011 looks to build on that with over 6 months of preparation to become one of the largest gaming competitions in the Southeast USA. Since the first Tournament under the moniker of CEO, there have been over CEO 10 tournaments in the Orlando area with a consistent turnout of over 70-100 competitors at each one for such popular Games as Super Street Fighter IV and Blazblue.

The end result of CEO 2011 turned into one of the most hype EVO Season tournaments with over 650 competitors Entering Super Street Fighter 4: AE, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Blazblue Blue, Smash Bros, Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur 4 and Arcana Heart 3 bringing in people representing 22 US States and 9 International countries. Max Attendance was a little below 1,000 people tripling CEO 2010's Numbers.

CEO 2012 Has already been Signed for set at the Wyndham Orlando Resort June 15th-17th, 2012 and with over a year to prepare and the community becoming stronger than ever it will be amazing to see how it's 3rd year does and the amount of people it can bring together.

CEO has become the joint effort of one of the strongest gaming communities around and its sole purpose is to bring together friends and foes with a passion for fighting games.

Source - http://ceogaming.org/about

In Closing

I've been hooked on Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 matches for quite some time now, the tournaments are so fun to watch, but there's just something about SFIV, when you have top players from around the world going up against each other, that makes it special.

Hope you can tune in this weekend, at least during the finals on Sunday night, I can't wait, thanks for reading.

Pictures of relevance!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FLStyle

CEO 2012 - Daigo competes, DIVEKICK returns and playing games in a wrestling ring

No Caption Provided

We are just over 3 weeks away from EVO 2012 (Evo Championship Series on Giant Bomb) in Las Vegas with two Road to EVO tournament season events remaining. This weekend's event is CEO 2012.

No Caption Provided

Daigo 'The Beast' Umehara, sponsored by Mad Catz, among other championship wins, is the Evo 2009 Street Fighter IV world champion and the Evo 2010 Super Street Fighter IV world champion. It's a safe assumption that his fame on the internet came from the "Daigo Parry" video from Evo 2004.

His last appearance on US soil was EVO 2011 in which he failed to win a third straight SFIV tournament, swapping his tried and tested Ryu for the then (now nerfed from the highest of fighting game tierland, but at the time was) dominant Yun in Arcade Edition. He has since returned to Ryu (with Yun and Akuma in reserve) and will compete at CEO this weekend (as well as playing exhibition matches vs USA rivals) before EVO (July 6th-8th) to avenge his loss to Americans, Koreans and fellow Japanese players alike.

Other awesome stuff this weekend at CEO

• The main stage will be a wrestling ring, fucking nuts
    No Caption Provided

Where Can I watch this amazing event?

Team Spooky is handling the streaming once again at http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Secondary stream is at http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

About CEO

CEO 2010 was put together from start to finish in only 3 weeks and ended with a turnout of over 350 gamers and spectators(125 entrants for Super Street Fighter 4 alone making it the biggest fighting game turnout in Florida's History) throughout the weekend.

CEO 2011 looks to build on that with over 6 months of preparation to become one of the largest gaming competitions in the Southeast USA. Since the first Tournament under the moniker of CEO, there have been over CEO 10 tournaments in the Orlando area with a consistent turnout of over 70-100 competitors at each one for such popular Games as Super Street Fighter IV and Blazblue.

The end result of CEO 2011 turned into one of the most hype EVO Season tournaments with over 650 competitors Entering Super Street Fighter 4: AE, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Blazblue Blue, Smash Bros, Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur 4 and Arcana Heart 3 bringing in people representing 22 US States and 9 International countries. Max Attendance was a little below 1,000 people tripling CEO 2010's Numbers.

CEO 2012 Has already been Signed for set at the Wyndham Orlando Resort June 15th-17th, 2012 and with over a year to prepare and the community becoming stronger than ever it will be amazing to see how it's 3rd year does and the amount of people it can bring together.

CEO has become the joint effort of one of the strongest gaming communities around and its sole purpose is to bring together friends and foes with a passion for fighting games.

Source - http://ceogaming.org/about

In Closing

I've been hooked on Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 matches for quite some time now, the tournaments are so fun to watch, but there's just something about SFIV, when you have top players from around the world going up against each other, that makes it special.

Hope you can tune in this weekend, at least during the finals on Sunday night, I can't wait, thanks for reading.

Pictures of relevance!

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MethodMan008

Fuckkkk Jebailey.

But yeah, looks like CEO is going to be fantastic.

Hoping for some gdlk Marvel, and I hope Daigo makes GF in AE.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

DIVEKICK!

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Commisar123

Always good to see the Beast in action. Also Divekick might be one of the most elaborate trolls I have ever seen

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Legend

Love these blogs, man. I don't have time to follow the fighting game community anymore, so anything that gives me a quick update about the latest FGC news is highly appreciated.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Legend said:
    Love these blogs, man. I don't have time to follow the fighting game community anymore, so anything that gives me a quick update about the latest FGC news is highly appreciated.
    Same.

What is the other Evo event that's happening before Evo this year?  Is it ReveLAtions?  As I recall, that happened on the same weekend as CEO last year.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

Where did Daigo go?

I gotta say after the release of SFxT I haven't paid nearly enough attention to the fighting game scene as I use to. I think Gootecks leaving cross counter was the last thing I remember. I definitely can't wait for EVO though.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Carryboy

We got any predictions on here?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Carryboy

@EvilTwin: revelations isn't on this year the only other road to evo events before evo left are of course ceo and midwest championship next weekend.

zecriah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zecriah

CEO is going to be fucking GODLIKE this year.

For AE grand finals, I'm predicting either Daigo vs. Latif or Daigo vs. Gamerbee or Daigo vs. Justin/Ricky

UMVC3 grand finals is going to consist of PR Rog, JWong, and F Champ, without a doubt.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By algertman

Anyone know the best way to go about setting up a tourney? It would be part of a larger SciFi/Fantasy/everything else convention.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Carryboy

@algertman: Once you have the venue sorted set your rulses and get in contact with shoryuken.com and evenhubs.com as well as just spreading the word like you would anything else.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Carryboy: Thanks for the response.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FLStyle

@Legend: @EvilTwin: Thanks! Just getting the word out, but also trying to fill a gap on fighting game coverage on Giant Bomb, it seems if there isn't a story or an individual who hasn't done something that's extreme (8-year old Noah Solis at Evo or the Aris Cross Assault incident) Patrick won't write articles about it. So it's up to us to show people what the other 99% of the FGC is like outside of child prodigies and harassment controversies.

@Doctorchimp said:

Where did Daigo go?

I gotta say after the release of SFxT I haven't paid nearly enough attention to the fighting game scene as I use to. I think Gootecks leaving cross counter was the last thing I remember. I definitely can't wait for EVO though.

The most significant thing Daigo has done since going back to the drawing board and playing in Japan is that he wrote a "life strategy guide" book called Willpower to Keep Winning which apparently became a best-seller in Japan.

SFxT aka Jab X Timeout left a bad taste in everyone's mouths it seems, I'll be covering that in my Evo 2012 preview in a few weeks time. I can give you a few bullet points though.

• Spooky left Twitch.tv because the East Coast servers were crap. He went to Own3d.tv were he had a better experience but only 1/3rd - 1/6th of his viewer-ship followed him over. He eventually moved back and the servers seem to have been fine since.
    • MLG is continuing to trying to get onside with fighting games but looks like they'll drop King of Fighters XIII because that game's players refuse to make it out to the events. The show isn't offensive but only gets 1,500 viewers on Twitch.
    • There's a Capcom Tournament season after Evo, about 6-8 events in USA, Europe and Asia with finals in November. $500,000 in prizes.
    • Evo is on Twitch instead of ustream this year. Spooky and Haunts will be handling the production again.

@Carryboy: @Zecriah: Zecriah's predictions seem spot on and though I'm from the UK I am a fan of many East Coast players, so I hope Yipes, Chris G and MarlinPie do well.

@algertman said:

Anyone know the best way to go about setting up a tourney? It would be part of a larger SciFi/Fantasy/everything else convention.

http://www.option-select.com/blog/entry/?id=83/ seems to be a good place to start, good luck.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Carryboy

@FLStyle: Your from the Uk? You play on live or psn?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

I'll watch as much as I can. Hopefully AE will the main event so I can catch Grand Finals.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Carryboy

@JJOR64: Ae is the main event and will be on last.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JJOR64

@Carryboy said:

@JJOR64: Ae is the main event and will be on last.

Nice. Hopefully I will be off work in time to watch this.

Totally forgot Jebaily mentioned this on Cross Counter now that I think about it.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scooper

He did quite well at that tournament in Singapore the other week so I'm definitely excited for the play at EVO. Should be very very good this year. I'm not really interested in anything but AE but that's just me. I am an AE whore.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JJOR64

@Scooper said:

He did quite well at that tournament in Singapore the other week so I'm definitely excited for the play at EVO. Should be very very good this year. I'm not really interested in anything but AE but that's just me. I am an AE whore.

I enjoy watching high level play in any game, but AE is by far my favorite to watch.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm pretty excited to see Daigo back. He's probably my favorite player. I just love the fact that he doesn't shit talk and is just all business. Really admire that.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By benpack

Daigo's set with Xian at SEA Qualifiers were amazing to watch. I miss super high level AE. No RufusRufus GF for CEO for sure.

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By M_33

I'm pretty excited for it. I'd especially like to see Daigo vs. Latif happen again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JJOR64

@M_33 said:

I'm pretty excited for it. I'd especially like to see Daigo vs. Latif happen again.

Sadly Latif wont be their because of his sponsorship Razer doesn't see CEO as an important tourney.

#eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSpoooooooooooooooooooooorts

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thegoldencat7

Should be a cracker.

I'll say Mago for AE and F. Champ for Marvel. Mago is due a big win I reckon, and Champ seems to have the best chance of countering the dreaded 'Morri-doom' strategy.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FLStyle

I don't play the games themselves, not until a buy a stick, mashing my fingers and thumbs into the d-pad gives me carpal tunnel syndrome. Because of that I haven't played since Vanilla SFIV.

@GlenTennis: Pretty tired of the Rufus mirror Grand Finals now, even when Ricky won this past weekend I didn't care.

@JJOR64 said:

@M_33 said:

Sadly Latif wont be their because of his sponsorship Razer doesn't see CEO as an important tourney.

That's pretty bad, I'd consider new sponsors if I was him.

@thegoldencat7: I honestly can't remember Mago's last big win. Might turn out to be a good call.

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By M_33

@JJOR64 said:

@M_33 said:

No Caption Provided
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By jakob187

True fact: my friend here in Waco is currently in the Road to EVO tournaments, hoping for a shot to go. I believe his name is Kid Braver.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FLStyle

Some quick announcements for you guys

1. CEO will have a secondary stream at http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming
    2. Twitch,tv have teamed up with Team Spooky for a $4.99 per month subscription service, link is on the Team Spooky page http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
    3. Twitch is launching some new icons which can by used by anyone
    No Caption Provided
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Doctorchimp

@thegoldencat7 said:

Should be a cracker.

I'll say Mago for AE and F. Champ for Marvel. Mago is due a big win I reckon, and Champ seems to have the best chance of countering the dreaded 'Morri-doom' strategy.

I just saw Champ play Twin Cities or Two (?) cities last night. Dude didn't even break a sweat with his Magneto/Dorm/Doom.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JJOR64

@FLStyle said:

Some quick announcements for you guys

1. CEO will have a secondary stream at http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming
    2. Twitch,tv have teamed up with Team Spooky for a $4.99 per month subscription service, link is on the Team Spooky page http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
    3. Twitch is launching some new icons which can by used by anyone
    No Caption Provided

That's awesome.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#32  Edited By Marino  Staff

@FLStyle: Just promoted this up to the front page of the site.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FLStyle

@Marino said:

@FLStyle: Just promoted this up to the front page of the site.

Many thanks sir!

Breaking news

SSFIV: AE (ver. 2012) - North America vs. Asia - 10PM EST (local time) tonight (7PM PST, 3AM GMT)

Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz, Dieminion and Chi-rithy vs. Daigo, Mago, Momochi and Gamerbee

Round Robin style, each player will play each other once, team North America is comprised of the 4 players with the most Evo seeding points (which are acquired by finishing in the top 16 at a Road to Evo event in a game's respective tournament).

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeffsekai

DIVE KICK

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FLStyle
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By jkuc316

@Lukeweizer: Shit talk is part of why I like the FGC. But then Iike stream monsters too.

Let's go Ricky!!!!!

I would watch but I got school again, so I can't stay up late :(

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FLStyle

Day 3 is go!

Mortal Kombat Top 8 is on stream 1

UMvC3 Top 16 to Top 8 is on stream 2

The main event of the evening is the SSFIV: AE2012 Top 16 all the way through to a winner

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FLStyle
    NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NegativeCero

They're playing wrestling-style intro music and stare downs for the UMVC top 8 right now. (YIpes and Flocker? Don't follow this stuff so spelling may be wrong). This is a kind of stupid I could get behind.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JJOR64

Man this is hype. Sucks I have to work till 10 PM CST. Hopefully there will be a good chunk of AE left when I get off work.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Scooper

I don't watch MvC3 normally but this is so hype. MvC works so well with this kind of stupid wrestling context with the dumb intros and stuff. It's fun and entertaining and dumb which is what it's all about.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FLStyle

Justin Wong is the UMvC3 champion!

The main event, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 Top 24 begins

Featuring Daigo vs. Justin Wong

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By AndrewJD

@FLStyle said:

Justin Wong is the UMvC3 champion!

The main event, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 Top 24 begins

Featuring Daigo vs. Justin Wong

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Thanks for the update.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FLStyle

Here we go, Justin vs. Daigo!

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EvilTwin

:( 

Mike Ross.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EvilTwin

Justin is hungry.  I don't see him losing tonight.  

Back with a vengeance.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MethodMan008

Good shit to Justin. He is so gdlk. EG really has an excellent stable of fighting game players (other than floe and choco :P ).

Momochi is an inspiration to all us Cody players. Can't wait to see him run it back against those guys at EVO.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JJOR64

Was able to watch Grand Finals of AE 2012. Good shit to Justin Wong for winning both UMvC3 and AE 2012.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thegoldencat7

Great tournament, great experience.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EvilTwin

Great tournament marred by two boring grand finals.  Congrats to Justin and EG in general.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.