Deejay players. Help!

#1 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

So after AE hit the platforms, i'v had alot(!) of fun with Viper and Deejay. Reason for this post is; Can anybody help me with a few strategies with deejay as in fight chun. I can't for the life of me find anything holes in her defence. I manage somewhat good against everybody else(spam light punch against yun and you have a combo^^)

So, unite DJ players and help a gal out:)

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Vortexus1981:

I'm a Chun player. I would say your best bet is to out turtle Chun. When they get annoyed and jump in, that EX up kick is deadly.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@Vortexus1981:

I'm a Chun player. I would say your best bet is to out turtle Chun. When they get annoyed and jump in, that EX up kick is deadly.

That could work.  You could try doing tick throws or his Vortex.  Just make sure Chun has no meter when you do the vortex.
#4 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Vortexus1981:

Cheers m8. I try to turtle as much as i can, but then she does her flipparo kick(and im ALWAYS to slow to focus it :(...) and we start the war again. I play chung now and then, and i love her. she's really fun. But MY GOD!!! i hate playing against her:)

#5 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@JJOR64

yes, meter. I always fell like she get's meter right away. gues i should be more agressive from the start.

#6 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1484 posts) -

Demontium was playing Deejay for a while, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask him

#7 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Vortexus1981 said:

@Vortexus1981:

Cheers m8. I try to turtle as much as i can, but then she does her flipparo kick(and im ALWAYS to slow to focus it :(...) and we start the war again. I play chung now and then, and i love her. she's really fun. But MY GOD!!! i hate playing against her:)

I hate playing against her too. That's why I started using her. XD

#8 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

Demontium was playing Deejay for a while, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask him

Who is that? Sorry, don't know all of the people here or in the fighting scene:)

#9 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

Im at 4-4500 with chun atm. And again, i love playing her:D But i want to beat her with DJ. Cause i love the playstyle of dj :)

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -
@Vortexus1981: You can always ask Scooper for DeeJay advice.  His DeeJay is sick.
#11 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

@Vortexus1981: You can always ask Scooper for DeeJay advice. His DeeJay is sick.

Ahh! I'll do that. Thank you :)

#12 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

yea i would down back a chun and punish with machine gun, but I am not a good deejay. I feel like Dieminion played as Deejay and was good? am I wrong? Some team spooky east coast event, it might be worth going to a video like that and watching some good deejay play as well, that always helps by osmosis.

#13 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Don't bother playing footsies against her. Everything she has beats all that DJ has clean and has way more range (miss a c.mk she gets you with a sweep). If she jumps in try not to bother anti-airing her with any normal moves because 90% of the time she will land a full counterhit combo, stick to EX/MK Upkicks. 

You can bait out her EX Spinning Bird Kick on her wake-up as it is safe-jumpable. If you jump in correctly it will completely miss you, punish with c.mp xx EX MGU into dash Ultra 2 or whatever you can. 

Don't throw too many fireballs when she has Ultra 1 as she will get you easily. Also if she's mid-range her hasanshu (flip kick thing) will jump right over them and get you. 
Her fireballs are slow so don't bother trying to slide under any except for the EX one.  
Anything but the most perfectly spaced Sobats can be punished by her sweep and all Sobats blocked can be punished by her super.
If you attempt to tick throw her you will most likely be caught by her great c.lk which goes strait into EX legs then Ultra 2. 
Instant knee shot pressure can work sometimes but make sure she doesn't have downcharge and remember, if you get hit by an EX Spinning Bird Kick but it only hits you once for like 20 damage then think of it as you winning that moment, kinda like when Rufus anti-airs you with his EX Messiah kick and it only hits you once. Taking 20 damage in exchange for wasting 1 of their EX meters is a good thing. 

I have no real winning strategy against her to be honest, just keep trying to bait out her ultra, her EX SBK wakeup, try and get her with crossups and damage her as much as you can when you make those baits.

#14 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@Scooper said:

Don't bother playing footsies against her. Everything she has beats all that DJ has clean and has way more range (miss a c.mk she gets you with a sweep). If she jumps in try not to bother anti-airing her with any normal moves because 90% of the time she will land a full counterhit combo, stick to EX/MK Upkicks. You can bait out her EX Spinning Bird Kick on her wake-up as it is safe-jumpable. If you jump in correctly it will completely miss you, punish with c.mp xx EX MGU into dash Ultra 2 or whatever you can. Don't throw too many fireballs when she has Ultra 1 as she will get you easily. Also if she's mid-range her hasanshu (flip kick thing) will jump right over them and get you. Her fireballs are slow so don't bother trying to slide under any except for the EX one. Anything but the most perfectly spaced Sobats can be punished by her sweep and all Sobats blocked can be punished by her super.If you attempt to tick throw her you will most likely be caught by her great c.lk which goes strait into EX legs then Ultra 2. Instant knee shot pressure can work sometimes but make sure she doesn't have downcharge and remember, if you get hit by an EX Spinning Bird Kick but it only hits you once for like 20 damage then think of it as you winning that moment, kinda like when Rufus anti-airs you with his EX Messiah kick and it only hits you once. Taking 20 damage in exchange for wasting 1 of their EX meters is a good thing. I have no real winning strategy against her to be honest, just keep trying to bait out her ultra, her EX SBK wakeup, try and get her with crossups and damage her as much as you can when you make those baits.

My god! This is awsome! Thank you so much. I'll try to work with this. I'll never give up on deejay now that he got those awsome buffs :)

#15 Posted by thatpinguino (1260 posts) -

How is Dee Jay in AE?  What buffs did they give him?  I haven't played many online and the few i have didn't know what they were doing.

#16 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Lemon plays DJ. You can ask him for advice, although don't ask him how to beat my Gief.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

#17 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Fuck Chun.

#18 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

Lemon plays DJ. You can ask him for advice, although don't ask him how to beat my Gief.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH! Now, step it up and play me:) PM my nick on ps3^^ If you want. ^^

#19 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Fuck Chun.

Thank you! MY GOD! What would i'v done without you? You'r amazing!!!!! Fuck off!

#20 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Vortexus1981 said:

@GlenTennis said:

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH! Now, step it up and play me:) PM my nick on ps3^^ If you want. ^^

I only have the 360 version, sadly.
@ThePhantomnaut
said:

Fuck Chun.

QFT. OH IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT JUMPING SPREAD EAGLE KICK OH SORRY YOU WANTED TO DO A MIXUP?

#21 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@GlenTennis said:

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

@ThePhantomnaut
said:

Fuck Chun.

QFT. OH IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT JUMPING SPREAD EAGLE KICK OH SORRY YOU WANTED TO DO A MIXUP?

hahahaha! best respond ever:D Loved it hun:D But, ahhh. well, i bought a 360 1 month ago. never hooked it up(hubby wanna do these things) But if you ever hit them ps3's. I'll fight you :)

#22 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Fuck Chun.

S T E P I T U P!!!

#23 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@Vortexus1981 said:

@GlenTennis said:

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

@ThePhantomnaut
said:

Fuck Chun.

SPINNIN BURR KICK!

Also... sweep and zone.

#24 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

Chun is really not that complicated to fight against, just always watch her EX meter and don't jump over her when she has at least one EX meter and she's doing a down-back coz that will definitely be a EX spinning bird kick.  Thinking about how I use Deejay, it's true what others are saying that you can turtle out Chun.  Also, watch out for Chun's upward jump high-kick, I hate the range of that kick and make good use of deejay's EX jacknife, it's like Chun's EX spinning bird kick. :)

#25 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

Chun can be frustrating to fight against because she has a strong zoning game. She has many fast, high priority normals that can wreck most other characters in footsies. Her ex spinning bird kick has weaknesses, as mentioned before in this thread. You can not only safe jump it, but if i'm not mistaken, some jump attacks with a proper jump arc will flat out beat it. Go into training mode and test it out to see if it works with Dee Jay. I think if you hit the exact center of the ex spnning bird kick (her crotch, pretty much) you'll be able to beat it. Again, I'm not sure on this, but I think I've done it before. Also, if you can gain a life lead, Chun doesn't have many good rush down options. Her hazanshu is risky as it can be FA'd, and her crossup roundhouse is rather predictable. Just don't try to FA if Chun jumps in on you, as she has a 2 hit jump attack that will break your armor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.