Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki Confirmed For Super Street Fighter IV

• 135 results
Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -

When you're in the secret-keeping business, nothing ever quite goes according to plan. Especially in today's fast-paced world of camera phones and relative anonymity. So instead of a company rolling out the latest additions to its character lineup in some sort of grand fashion, most people find out about this stuff by seeing awful-looking scans of print magazines, or leaked, poorly translated information out of Europe. There is no law in Europe when it comes to leaking things related to video games, it seems, and that's been something of a running gag for years now.

That said, these shots of previously unrevealed characters in Super Street Fighter IV, which surfaced on a site out of Denmark earlier today, don't need much translation.

Japanese magazine scans have also confirmed the addition of Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto to the roster. In case you're keeping score, that means that jusssst about everything contained in the initial burst of leaked SSFIV information has gone on to be correct. About the only thing left at this point is the identity of the 10th additional character, which that early leak pegged to be a new fighter named Hakan.

Anyone want to start taking bets on that guy's existence?
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -

When you're in the secret-keeping business, nothing ever quite goes according to plan. Especially in today's fast-paced world of camera phones and relative anonymity. So instead of a company rolling out the latest additions to its character lineup in some sort of grand fashion, most people find out about this stuff by seeing awful-looking scans of print magazines, or leaked, poorly translated information out of Europe. There is no law in Europe when it comes to leaking things related to video games, it seems, and that's been something of a running gag for years now.

That said, these shots of previously unrevealed characters in Super Street Fighter IV, which surfaced on a site out of Denmark earlier today, don't need much translation.

Japanese magazine scans have also confirmed the addition of Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto to the roster. In case you're keeping score, that means that jusssst about everything contained in the initial burst of leaked SSFIV information has gone on to be correct. About the only thing left at this point is the identity of the 10th additional character, which that early leak pegged to be a new fighter named Hakan.

Anyone want to start taking bets on that guy's existence?
Staff
#2 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

I bet you 2$ that he is in it. 

GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

Yummy Makoto goodness.   Mmmmm......

#4 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5 Posted by Neon941 (238 posts) -

Surely these secret keepers at Capcom are masters of their craft.

#6 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Hakan probably exists since all the rumors up till now are all confirmed.

With 10 characters, SSFIV has more new playable characters than the original roster for the arcade version.

I don't think anyone can say this should have been DLC any more. It's a full fledged game.

#7 Posted by Rmack (1026 posts) -

HYPErventilating

#8 Edited by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Dudley is not a surprise, and I wish they chose someone else- Dudley is too similar to Balrog for my taste. Would've loved to see Alex in all his HD glory. 
 The other two characters I'm excited to toy around with however.

Oh and Hype, certainly Get Hype.

#9 Posted by Gahzoo (361 posts) -

Excellent news. 
Personally, I would think that Hakan exists. 

Also, GET HYPE!!!!!!

#10 Posted by LeadNinja (308 posts) -

Ibuki's thighs:  huge, or just housed in really baggy trousers?

#11 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

aww man no Elena

#12 Posted by Psycho_Calibur (1 posts) -

now i get to fight like a gentlemen.

#13 Posted by Chewii101 (816 posts) -
@Scooper said:
"
 GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
#14 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@Neon941 said:
" Surely these secret keepers at Capcom are masters of their craft. "
this is fact 
#15 Posted by SoulTaker (131 posts) -

...my brain just died for a sec. I am HYPED.

#16 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

Dudley was my go to guy in SF3. Glad to see Capcom acknowledging the existence of the red headed step child of the Street Fighter franchise.

#17 Posted by Dan_CiTi (2928 posts) -

As much as I love Alex, Yun, Yang, Necro and Elena; these are definitely the best choices for the game. I can't wait to get my Dudley on! 

#18 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11015 posts) -

HYPE GET!

#19 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

I was banking on a surprise like Q

Makoto is my girl though.  

HYPE COMMENCE WITH THE GETTING

#20 Posted by trimon (247 posts) -

pure class :D

#21 Posted by kennybaese (651 posts) -
@LeadNinja said:
" Ibuki's thighs:  huge, or just housed in really baggy trousers? "
Both 
#22 Posted by Zlatko (67 posts) -

SSF4 has SO many options on who I want to main. Juri, Dudley, Makoto, Ibuki, Guy, Adon, Ryu, and Abel. Original SF4 I went with Ryu, but with all these choices of awesome I can't wait to find out who makes a perfect fit. :D

#23 Posted by TomA (2532 posts) -

Whooooo cares!!!!!!!!!

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -
@TomA said:
" Whooooo cares!!!!!!!!! "
I DO DAMMIT!
#25 Posted by ResetSmith (9 posts) -

HYPE GET!

#26 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

IN THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING HYPE!

#27 Posted by mnzy (2909 posts) -

First game I'm going to preorder in many years.

#28 Edited by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

Worst kept secret in a while, but actually seeing the shots makes me that much more sure I'm buying the game.  The more characters to distract me from the fact that T.Hawk is the worst thing ever, the better.

#29 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Eh i'm not much of a hardcore fighting guy, as long as it has Ryu.

#30 Posted by stokerd (48 posts) -

Since I never got to play SFIII, this will be welcome. I look forward to playing around with some of these new characters. 

#31 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

I'm probably gonna buy SSF4, which is stupid since I hardly played regular SF4. I just like buying fighting games it seems, meh, maybe I'll get a fightstick too.

#32 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -

Dang, I'm surprised GB was on this so fast. You madly refreshing forums too Jeff?

#33 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley? Pretty much my three favourite characters from SF3. I am hyped!

#34 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Makoto? Really? That's one I really wouldn't expect.

#35 Edited by Yagami (579 posts) -

FLOCK YEAH!!

Dudley vs Vega = Fight of the Roses.
Dudley vs Rose = ...Brainfreeze...
Dudley vs Balrog = Let's fight, like gentlemen.

And DAMN! MAKOTO LOOKS GREAT!

#36 Posted by raikoh05 (408 posts) -

PC version  or bust, needs moar ibuki and makoto costumes

#37 Posted by Mechanized (307 posts) -

Can't with for Super Street Fighter IV: Turbo so we can get the rest of the cast in.

#38 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

I guess you need all of the new World Warriors from Super Street Fighter 2 but why waste a spot for          T. Hawk ?

#39 Posted by LordelX (66 posts) -

Finally some SFIII characters. I was starting to worry this game was going to be Street Fighter Alpha IV.
#40 Posted by RipTheVeins (1540 posts) -

Interesting... I was expecting Ibuki to be closer to Cammy's build rather than Chun-Li, but she still looks pretty good.

#41 Posted by TheYear20XX (425 posts) -

Hype status: gotten.

#42 Posted by babz (310 posts) -

idd take that bet that the last payer will be Haken!

#43 Posted by Reverseface (1221 posts) -

DUDDDDLEY IN THE HOUSSSSSE BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!

#44 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Based solely on my belief that the original "covered-up press sheet" that showed Juri and someone under something that looked like it would be a new character like Hakan...I'm more than willing to bet that, yes, it IS Hakan. 

Hypes...gotted.

#45 Posted by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

The Prophecy has come TRUE!!!!!

#46 Posted by 88Fingers (279 posts) -

Cool!

Being a Street Fighter III fan, this makes me happy.
I loved playing both  Ibuki, and Makoto.

Can't wait to see the alternate outfits for these two girls.

#47 Posted by adoggz (1953 posts) -
@LeadNinja said:
" Ibuki's thighs:  huge, or just housed in really baggy trousers? "

She's smuggling honey baked hams into the movie theater.
#48 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -
@VinceNotVance said:
" Dudley is not a surprise, and I wish they chose someone else- Dudley is too similar to Balrog for my taste. Would've loved to see Alex in all his HD glory.   The other two characters I'm excited to toy around with however.  Oh and Hype, certainly Get Hype. "
Have you even played SF3? Dudley plays nothing like Balrog, not even the slightest. Q plays more like Balrog and even that's a stretch. And can you REALLY complain about someone playing similarily in a game with Ryu, Dan, Sakura, Ken, Akuma?
#49 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Hell yeah. Time to trash talk like Dudley on XBL.

#50 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

Corkscrew Cross? 

So a mixture of Cross Counter and Corkscrew Blow? Interesting...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.