Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Everyone who plays online is good and I am not.

• 71 results
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By dbz1995
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    "Where you from ? If your from Europe and on xbox come fight with us lot . We regularly have endless fight lobbies that are both fun and teach you new stuff . "
    Dammit all, where's the ps3 lot of ya'll? =( "
    I'm here!
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @dbz1995 said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    "Where you from ? If your from Europe and on xbox come fight with us lot . We regularly have endless fight lobbies that are both fun and teach you new stuff . "
    I'm here! "
    me too! 

Just got out of SSF4 online tonight because I think I'm already in too much rage... someone just got in the endless battle lobby where I am in and he just beat me like 6 times in a row, even the other player also in the lobby.  I just won one round. :(
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By thegoldencat7

@Abyssfull said:
    "@turbomonkey138 said:

Yah we've been having epic PS3 endless battles pretty much every night since launch. Theres a few solid regulars but all are welcome.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By skrutop

I know how you feel.  I was trying to get Fei Long up to C-rank for like an hour.  And I only needed to win 3 matches.  I seriously suck ass with him.   At least I got the achievement to host 30 Arcade Fight Requests out of it :(

Then I switched to Cammy for awhile to make myself feel better.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Stang said:
    " @fleethefactory: Hit me up any time if you want to play, just don't beat be OR I WILL RAGE!!!!1111    Ok, here is my wtf question. Why is it that it so much easier to beat seasoned veterans compared to random noobs? The better the person is, the better I play.....it has always been like that. You would think all the knowledge I have accrued over 800+ hours of this stupid fucking game would make it easy to beat randoms who are.....um.....random. But no, these are the people that are most likely to beat me. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???!!!! "
    LOL! Yeah I agree with this, sometimes a good opponent brings out your best playing tactics.  But when you're faced with simple tactics like an opponent who just keeps jumping around doing jumping high kicks and sweeping right after and random projectiles, you sometimes get lost with what you're supposed to do.  Then you get annoyed haha! :P
    darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By darkvare

i keep getting owned too i have only 2 rounds on my wins right now and they both were in separete matches if you own a ps3 add me 
    psnid: donvarone

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By TheHT
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "

Hey, just keep pluggin' away.  You're gonna have to lose a bajillion matches before you start winning even half your matches.  Just learn the basics, the strategies, and the match ups and you'll be alright. 
    Don't obsess over wins and losses.  Just enjoy the game.

"
    @Plasma said:
    " I think, as long as you know why your losing. Example, your getting hit by jump ins, cross ups, overheads or whatever, you can improve. However if your just like FUUUU- wtf is going on... then you have a lot to learn. "
    i just picked up the game a few hours ago. played a bit of sf4 on pc and alpha on ps1 but i'm pretty bad. i shall take them pieces of advice and hold it close to my heart!!!
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I'm like 2-17 online today, I know the feeling...

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By aceedkins

I've got basic gameplay and tactics down, now I'm spending all of my time in training mode trying to nail combos before I even think of heading online.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By guiseppe

I'm still playing SFIV, and I can assure you... I really, really suck.  I still enjoy it though. 

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Roomrunner

I am terrible. I play arcade mode on easy and still lose about 25 times to Seth before finally completing it.  Although, I'm finally learning how to play as Dudley.  Combine that with figuring out you can set online matches to partner you up with someone at the same level as you, and after 6 days I've finally won a freaking match.   

Note to self, most people as new as myself do not yet know of the horror that is the Cross Counter.  : )

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By yakov456

Jesus Christ, the air of arrogance with good players in this game is sickening. I blow at this game, and when I lose it's because I know I suck. But when I read posts from "good" players online the only thing I can think is that "hey asshole, your good at a video game, that is all" Get off your high horse. Sour grapes? Probably, but I'm too aggrivated to give a shit.

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

After a days play, I finally one my first ranked match.  I have been very consistantly getting very close to winning, but still losing every time.  It took 7 matches for me to win just one.  I even saved the replay, and have been too afraid to go back on and lose my few player points.

funkyblam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By funkyblam

out of all the games that pissed me off, this one made me demolish my controller. or maybe im just having a bad day..

KJiizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By KJiizzle

I'd say when I was playing SFIV the first thing I did was do the trials a lot for whichever character I felt like trying out, then go into arcade mode with that character.  Then try player battle and hopefully come across a person who is in my skillset.  I think since many people are fairly new at this game that BP system hasn't really set in yet, once the really good players have high BP then you will be more likely to come across players around your skill level. 

spacedogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By spacedogg

Yeah, it's tough to go through a losing spell. I went through one myself earlier. I was beaten by a pretty decent Dan player at the end of it and was sent a message that said "PWNED!!!". As if me losing was breaking news. Pretty tame for trash talk so I sent a polite message of congrats and an Anchorman quote "Stay Classy". First time I ever responded to trash talk so I expect a pretty nasty reply come this afternoon. Oh this silly silly world.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jmrwacko

When all else fails, play the AI.

Also, don't feel bad about getting trash talked by a 13 year old on xbox live. You're helping them build their self esteem by them winning a competitive video game. If you had won, they might have committed suicide or pulled a Columbine. Then I bet you'd feel horrible!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By lordofultima
    @jmrwacko said:
    " When all else fails, play the AI.  Also, don't feel bad about getting trash talked by a 13 year old on xbox live. You're helping them build their self esteem by them winning a competitive video game. If you had won, they might have committed suicide or pulled a Columbine. Then I bet you'd feel horrible! "
    Don't think you have to worry about trash talk in Street Fighter, everyone is a mute while playing that game for some reason.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By Renahzor
    @lordofultima said:
    " @jmrwacko said:
    " When all else fails, play the AI.  Also, don't feel bad about getting trash talked by a 13 year old on xbox live. You're helping them build their self esteem by them winning a competitive video game. If you had won, they might have committed suicide or pulled a Columbine. Then I bet you'd feel horrible! "
    Don't think you have to worry about trash talk in Street Fighter, everyone is a mute while playing that game for some reason. "
    This is actually very true.  I've had like 3 people TOTAL in thousands of matches say ANYTHING to me over live voice.  One of them was singing, one of them was questioning my sexual preference while getting thrown about 2 dozen times because teching is hard, and the last one was just some dude saying random crap during the fight.  I think the only thing I've gotten a lot of are hate mails now and then, which really, that should make you feel special.  They took the time to actually sift through the menu, put in a message with that shitty ass game pad (or crappy controller keyboard) and send it to you, must have REALLY pissed them off I guess. 
    Avatar image for metalmilitia915
    MetalMilitia915

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By MetalMilitia915

Try to move away from ranked games at first, everybody fights like their lives (virtual points for some?) depends on it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.