Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

GE_Fight! Series One

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Sup, fellas? 

I'm going to be bringing a video series of (as yet an undecided number of) episodes. The general idea is that I want to dramatically improve my game and each aspect therein, and since its the holiday period, I thought now was the time to get started. 

The basic conceit is this: I will have 3 player profiles (GE_Fight!_Ryu/Cody/Bison) and within each of those I'll have specific aims I want to achieve. The reason for 3 separate profiles is that, simply, at the end of the series I want to be able to see the statistics for each character.

With Ryu, I want to begin to implement OS, and gain a greater understanding of when and how to use them; With Cody, I want to learn more about frame-traps, and use them accordingly; and with Bison, I want to improve my pressure game, knowing when to hit, and when to run and pushing/keeping the opponent locked in the corner.

Throughout all this I have two over-arching goals: 

1. To refrain from jumping unless A. necessary or B. for mix-up purposes (on opponent's wake-up etc.) and 2. Generally improve my footsies. 

Don't expect high production values, but do expect some sort of critique with the fights: written or otherwise. That's it!

Peace. x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup, fellas? 

I'm going to be bringing a video series of (as yet an undecided number of) episodes. The general idea is that I want to dramatically improve my game and each aspect therein, and since its the holiday period, I thought now was the time to get started. 

The basic conceit is this: I will have 3 player profiles (GE_Fight!_Ryu/Cody/Bison) and within each of those I'll have specific aims I want to achieve. The reason for 3 separate profiles is that, simply, at the end of the series I want to be able to see the statistics for each character.

With Ryu, I want to begin to implement OS, and gain a greater understanding of when and how to use them; With Cody, I want to learn more about frame-traps, and use them accordingly; and with Bison, I want to improve my pressure game, knowing when to hit, and when to run and pushing/keeping the opponent locked in the corner.

Throughout all this I have two over-arching goals: 

1. To refrain from jumping unless A. necessary or B. for mix-up purposes (on opponent's wake-up etc.) and 2. Generally improve my footsies. 

Don't expect high production values, but do expect some sort of critique with the fights: written or otherwise. That's it!

Peace. x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should have mentioned that  the first set of videos will be introductory, showing where my skill-level lies with each character and basically a repeat of what's here for structure purposes. I'll have them up in the next few days; Depending on how busy I am, and how much time I can dedicate to sitting on my ass will determine when the rest hit (hopefully in the next few weeks).

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gosukiller
    @GetEveryone: If you need someone to be on the receiving end of this series, I'm up for it.
    You can play my Rose, Hawk and Ryu if you need variety.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gosukiller said:
    " @GetEveryone: If you need someone to be on the receiving end of this series, I'm up for it. You can play my Rose, Hawk and Ryu if you need variety. "
    Definitely, man. I may try to avoid ranked, as it usually devolved into me holding down-back and punishing whiffed srk's for 30 seconds apiece. Endless 1v1's are where it's at,so going to try and enlist some of the players of my friend list for matches.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gosukiller

Alrighty then, hit me up on whatever instant-messaging service you use if you want to play. Steam, MSN, whatever.

CFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CFB

Sounds technical.

@gosukiller said:

" @GetEveryone: If you need someone to be on the receiving end of this series, I'm up for it. You can play my Dudley, Zangief, Hakan, Cody, Dhalsim and Rufus if you need variety. "
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegoldencat7
    @GetEveryone: 
    This went well then. We were meant to play some games that night before Xmas weren't we. I've got one more exam to do on Saturday (Saturday!) but after that we should definitely try and get a proper set in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoldencat7 said:
    " @GetEveryone: This went well then. We were meant to play some games that night before Xmas weren't we. I've got one more exam to do on Saturday (Saturday!) but after that we should definitely try and get a proper set in. "
    Haha! Tell me about it, man. I came back to uni only to face a shitstorm, so I've basically not played at all for about 3 weeks. Hopefully it'll all be sorted on Thursday, then we can have a set when you're free :)
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thegoldencat7
    @GetEveryone 
    Well I'm always free, but I wont be able to play till after Saturday. (Ah SF humour.) I'll see your 3 weeks and raise you 7, bar a few HDR games against my brother over Xmas. See you then, then.
    baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By baelrrogg

I know I haven't been on here in almost a year but feel free to send me a PSN invite if you need a Sagat match (I'm pretty sure your still on my friend list).

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By wrighteous86

I clicked on this thread thinking it said "GF Fight!" and walked away disappointed.

Now that's a thread I'd like to see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wrighteous86: Haha! Funnily enough I broke my hand during an argument with my gf. When she wakes up from the coma I'll ask her to post the videos. 

Seriously, though, I did break my hand. Just not on her face. 

@baelrrogg said:
    "

I know I haven't been on here in almost a year but feel free to send me a PSN invite if you need a Sagat match (I'm pretty sure your still on my friend list).

"
    Yeah, dude, for sure. I might be on a little tomorrow. Are you UK/US? Is your PSN just baelrrogg? I know for sure you were on my list, but I couldn't see you when I checked.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gosukiller
    @dudeglove: I'm on a level? Lol. 

I've recently decided to quit SSF4 in favour of going through my back-log. Right now I've just finished Red Dead Redemption. My god that ending... 

Next up is Resistance 2. I've basicly thrown that game away when I've found out the Split-screen coop wasnt nearly as good as Resistance 1, but I've decided to beast my way through the single-player in preparation of Resistance 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mate came up for the night yesterday, and we planned to drink some beers and maybe play some SSF4.  

I COULDN'T FIND THE DISC. 

Street Fighter 4 feels fucking old now.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thegoldencat7
    @GetEveryone:
    Catastrophe. I felt strangely compelled to send a message indicating my disgust at you playing the wrong game. Was going to say we could play a set any time over the weekend, but obviously not if you still can't find it.  
    @gosukiller:  
    Booo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.