Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

GiantBomb Community Project

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

Mentioned this a while back but didn't get much of a response, Mubress' recent idea reminded me so thought I'd bring it up again.

Idea is a collaborative GB fighting game channel. Loads of guys here putting out quality videos (used to anyway,) Stang, Mubress, necrotrophic, Scooper, Killroy, Demontium, Cats posted a fair few match videos.

A GB channel full of tutorials, match replays, combo videos, whatever you want, certainly appeals to me, and would definitely encourage me to make more of my own videos. I'm only interested in SF at the moment but would definitely get some Marvel stuff too, MK I guess (Is it too late for April fools?) Maybe even some 3s or HD remix, whatever you want.

Not asking for signatures or anything at this stage, just want to gauge interest in:

• How many people would like to contribute
    • How many people would watch/ want this to happen

And speaking of 3s, anyone play on GGPO?

Anyway thanks for reading, don't expect much but if people are down I'll definitely give it a go, good a time as any with AE just around the corner.
    TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits

I would watch / subscribe, but I don't have any video recording equipment. 

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Pessh said:
    "MK I guess (Is it too late for April fools?)"
    But dude, we could totally make like FATALITY montages and stuff, it'd be sick bro! No?.... Ok then, I'll stick to SF.

I like this idea anyway but I'm not sure we really have enough people who make videos for it to work (happy to be proved wrong though).
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pessh
    @mubress: Yeah that's why I made this, see what the response is. I feel like a lot more people would make videos if they knew what you use and how much it costs. Oh and might have some clips for your thing if you need some more.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Pessh said:
    " @mubress: I feel like a lot more people would make videos if they knew what you use and how much it costs. Oh and might have some clips for your thing if you need some more. "
    Yeah, you don't need to spend loads to record stuff. If you have a HD camcorder or something then that's cool but you don't need to spend more than like £10 - 15 really.

And all clips are welcomed duder! Next time we are both on I'll get 'em.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I occasionally record, and despite what I said earlier, want to get back into SF.

Think I may be getting a camera for my birthday at the end of May, so this is fairly well timed. Count me in.

I already have a few (shocking) videos on my (bare) Youtube channel, so you're free to use any of those, too.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268

I don't have any good capture equipment for consoles, but I can do random shit in vanilla on PC if that'd appeal to anyone. I already have some clips of retarded combos from fucking around in training mode earlier, but the compression took a bite out of them so I might have to re-record them.

Well, apparently it was VLC that was displaying them incorrectly. There is, however, people talking smack in swedish on skype in the background.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gosukiller

I could capture some footage of me being angry at Crysis 2 for not having Quick Saves. 

I get pretty upset.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

I would do more vids but I retired from playing competitively (ie. playing Ranked for hours trying to get better) until AE hits consoles and I can take my DJ to the next level. So you won't likely see any good matches out of me for a bit. If I do find something good I'll try and record it I guess, it just sucks recording in HD and then slowly uploading from my camera to my PC through slow-ass USB2 (I GOT USB3 ON MY NEW PC BUT NOTHING USES IT YET GRRR) and then I gotta convert it and then slowly upload it on shitty UK connections for like 20 views.

I guess if you guys made a community channel and gave me some uploading rights or whatever it might spur me to go through the annoying business of recording.

I like this idea.
    SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

What we need is the equipment

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ricetopher

Would be cool to see this actually happen (though I obviously wouldn't contribute in any way) since its been brought up before with nothing really coming out of it.

@gosukiller said:

" I could capture some footage of me being angry at Crysis 2 for not having Quick Saves. 

I get pretty upset.
    "
    Just don't show the screen and pass it off as raging at lag in SSF4.
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By killroycantkill

I'll be up for recording SSF4 matches, but I don't have any capture equipment for MvC3 or BBCS. Not until I get that Roxio capture device I guess LOL.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pessh

If you want to make videos but don't have the equipment you can get this quality for £8.

@GetEveryone: Sounds good, didn't know you recorded stuff.
    @gosukiller: Can you get Budha in there?
    @Scooper: Worth it, quality is awesome. And yeah, everyone would have the password so you could upload whatever you want. (Unless people are worried about someone being a dick, then one person would have it and he'd upload everything, you'd have to send whatever you want uploaded.)

@Killroycantkill: Good good, was just watching you get buttfucked by that srk deejay lol.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Scooper
    @Pessh said:

" If you want to make videos but don't have the equipment you can get this quality for £8 "

Nahh, that quality is too awful for me. It's not nice to watch a vid that looks like it was recorded in 1992. I couldn't use a capture device that hooks into the TV or whatever anyways. I use a HD monitor for my gaming/PC/online t.v & movie watching and that only has VGA and DVI I think.

This was one of the last videos I uploaded in HD. It's not too bad considering it's just me pointing a camera at a monitor. You can see the individual pixels though, which is weird. You don't get that at all just looking at it, maybe it's because I have to zoom in to get the shot right.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pessh
    @Scooper: Wasn't for you lol. Just for the people who think you need to spend a shitload to record footage. Stuff I've seen of yours is pretty good quality, only think I don't like is when you can see the edges of the tv, why people never adjust so you can only see the screen is beyond me.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @SHADOWINFINITE said:
    " What we need is the equipment "
    I would be on board if we got details regarding equipment.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pessh
    @Rufi91: What details? Equipment is down to you guys to sort out
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I play a bit of 3S, more on ArcLive than GGPO. You can count me in on that.

Cool thing is that Final Burn Alpha has its own replay system which can be available to watch later and FRAPS with.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pessh
    @ThePhantomnaut: Awesome, all SSF4 so far, so some 3s is very welcome lol.
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

It would be cool if we did a 3S tournament (singles or team) and recorded all of it.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Pessh:@Scooper:  What did I do to deserve this? Stop linking videos of me getting my ass beat!
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pessh said:
    " @ThePhantomnaut: Awesome, all SSF4 so far, so some 3s is very welcome lol. "
    Oh My Fucking God *excitement sweats*

3S: Online is out this year and I totally forgot.

I better have a job by then, or I'll be a homeless bum playing SF all day yet again.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#23  Edited By StarvingGamer

If I can get my hands on a capture device I'd love to contribute some SSFIV / MvC3 stuff... alas money.

I guess I could go for some cheapass LQ shit but ugh, I hate doing anything unless it's quality. Well keep me posted and if this gets going maybe I'll bite the bullet and go into debt or something.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pessh
    @GetEveryone: Might get some news soon, Captivate today.

@StarvingGamer: Don't do that, you've got a turtle and a baby to look after =P Looks like we will be giving it a go though, got a better response than I expected.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Actually the turtle died. I followed the internet's instructions as best as I could with what I had lying around, even bought a $9 thingy of turtle pellets from Petco but it wouldn't eat. I guess it had just been wandering around outside too long, it only had one eye. Ye shall be missed turtle!

But yeah, if this is gonna get going I think I'll try contributing with one of those shitty $10 ezcapture things. Let me know what's doing!
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By StarvingGamer
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pessh

So its going ahead, things are starting to happen. Always open to more contributors, or If you think you can come up with some good content/ have some nice replays saved in SSF4 but don't have the means to record and upload it PM me, there's ways around that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.