Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Good job testing, Capcom

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sooty

So AE on PC received a minor patch today, and guess what? Now nobody can launch the game because of an error.

Doesn't affect me too much since I own the consoles, but seriously? How can stuff like this be overlooked?

and Microsoft are just as much to blame as they have to authorise the patch.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By 234r2we232

What are you talking about? My iOS version works perfectly.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sooty

@sofacitysweetheart said:

What are you talking about? My iOS version works perfectly.

That would have been funny if my post was vague about the version in question, which it's not.

Edit: It's fixed now, and this could have happened on any version. It's a result of lazy testing, nothing to do with the downsides of a platform. (before someone turns this into a slight against PC gaming)

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

Man, how does that even happen? SSF4 uses GFWL (right?) so shouldn't Microsoft have that really long certification process so that this exact thing doesn't happen?

@Sooty said:

Edit: It's fixed now, and this could have happened on any version. It's a result of lazy testing, nothing to do with the downsides of a platform.

It was fixed that fast? Are you sure it was widespread? I didn't even know Microsoft could react that fast.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sooty

@SuperWristBands said:

Man, how does that even happen? SSF4 uses GFWL (right?) so shouldn't Microsoft have that really long certification process so that this exact thing doesn't happen?

It sure does! I don't really get how this hasn't been tested, I guess Capcom test using an internal version with no GFWL ties, but Microsoft still have to approve patches (and take their sweet time doing so) so one has to ask what the fuck were they doing?

@SuperWristBands said:

@Sooty said:

Edit: It's fixed now, and this could have happened on any version. It's a result of lazy testing, nothing to do with the downsides of a platform.

It was fixed that fast? Are you sure it was widespread? I didn't even know Microsoft could react that fast.

Yep it's widespreadapparently it's just an issue with the GFWL side of things (the Xbox Live crap) so I think that's why a patch got put out so quickly, seems it was more of a Microsoft problem than Capcom, but really Capcom still should have tested a GFWL version of the game considering everybody else is forced to put up with it.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Sooty said:

Yep it's widespreadapparently it's just an issue with the GFWL side of things (the Xbox Live crap) so I think that's why a patch got put out so quickly, seems it was more of a Microsoft problem than Capcom, but really Capcom still should have tested a GFWL version of the game considering everybody else is forced to put up with it.

That's ridiculous. Only reason I don't completely ignore GFWL is because it has achievements (yeah...). I have problems with it so much that I barely get through those games that support it.

Edit: But at least they were able to fix it pretty quickly. So there is that.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sooty

@SuperWristBands said:

@Sooty said:

That's ridiculous. Only reason I don't completely ignore GFWL is because it has achievements (yeah...). I have problems with it so much that I barely get through those games that support it.

I'm forced to get along with it for some games, I don't really mind it, it's just there, but stuff like this makes no sense at all. It looks like somebody was sleeping on the job or just ticked a box to approve it without testing, what a dick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.