Good job testing, Capcom

#1 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

So AE on PC received a minor patch today, and guess what? Now nobody can launch the game because of an error.

Doesn't affect me too much since I own the consoles, but seriously? How can stuff like this be overlooked?

and Microsoft are just as much to blame as they have to authorise the patch.

#2 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

What are you talking about? My iOS version works perfectly.

#3 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

What are you talking about? My iOS version works perfectly.

That would have been funny if my post was vague about the version in question, which it's not.

Edit: It's fixed now, and this could have happened on any version. It's a result of lazy testing, nothing to do with the downsides of a platform. (before someone turns this into a slight against PC gaming)

#4 Edited by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

Man, how does that even happen? SSF4 uses GFWL (right?) so shouldn't Microsoft have that really long certification process so that this exact thing doesn't happen?

@Sooty said:

Edit: It's fixed now, and this could have happened on any version. It's a result of lazy testing, nothing to do with the downsides of a platform.

It was fixed that fast? Are you sure it was widespread? I didn't even know Microsoft could react that fast.

#5 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

Man, how does that even happen? SSF4 uses GFWL (right?) so shouldn't Microsoft have that really long certification process so that this exact thing doesn't happen?

It sure does! I don't really get how this hasn't been tested, I guess Capcom test using an internal version with no GFWL ties, but Microsoft still have to approve patches (and take their sweet time doing so) so one has to ask what the fuck were they doing?

@SuperWristBands said:

@Sooty said:

Edit: It's fixed now, and this could have happened on any version. It's a result of lazy testing, nothing to do with the downsides of a platform.

It was fixed that fast? Are you sure it was widespread? I didn't even know Microsoft could react that fast.

Yep it's widespreadapparently it's just an issue with the GFWL side of things (the Xbox Live crap) so I think that's why a patch got put out so quickly, seems it was more of a Microsoft problem than Capcom, but really Capcom still should have tested a GFWL version of the game considering everybody else is forced to put up with it.

#6 Edited by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Yep it's widespreadapparently it's just an issue with the GFWL side of things (the Xbox Live crap) so I think that's why a patch got put out so quickly, seems it was more of a Microsoft problem than Capcom, but really Capcom still should have tested a GFWL version of the game considering everybody else is forced to put up with it.

That's ridiculous. Only reason I don't completely ignore GFWL is because it has achievements (yeah...). I have problems with it so much that I barely get through those games that support it.

Edit: But at least they were able to fix it pretty quickly. So there is that.

#7 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

@Sooty said:

That's ridiculous. Only reason I don't completely ignore GFWL is because it has achievements (yeah...). I have problems with it so much that I barely get through those games that support it.

I'm forced to get along with it for some games, I don't really mind it, it's just there, but stuff like this makes no sense at all. It looks like somebody was sleeping on the job or just ticked a box to approve it without testing, what a dick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.