Gootecks gives Capcom more reason to hate him.

• 0 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
#2 Posted by Yummylee (21498 posts) -

I was expecting as much down the line. I'll totally have my fingers crossed for Rolento + C. Jack <3.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

I didn't see that coming, but totally should have.  I'd probably buy Eagle if they put him up for download, but that's about it.

#4 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

Has fighting games ever had DLC characters other than SC4?

#5 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -

Personally...I don't really see this is being a game changer or even happening at all.  I men how much more room is there really on the Character Select screen?

#6 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I really dont see this as being a big deal anyway. There are already 35 characters in the game and any more is just kinda overkill. I bet someone said something like "Yeah, hmm, maybe down the road, like in a year or so, we might add characters if that seems like something a lot of people will pay for" so he took that to mean that they are definitely adding characters. Add 5 more characters and your getting too close to versus territory, but in versus you pick three guys every game so in this case it would be even crazier. 

Im not really aware of what he has "leaked" before, but if he keeps doing stuff like this, why does anyone tell him anything in the first place lol.

#7 Posted by yani (413 posts) -

I really hope they're free...

#8 Posted by dudeglove (7751 posts) -

I guess if true it'll add variety, but really - won't it still just be Ryu/Rog/Sagat regardless? There's bound to be future DLC of course, but I doubt it'll be whole new characters. Surely it would be a hell of a download too  (additions to training mode etc.)?

#9 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -

Remy, Necro and Alex. That will get me interested in this game. 

#10 Posted by GeoNeo (22 posts) -

I would like to see more SF3 characters. Oro would be cool. Also Necro just for his stage music, it's the best.

#11 Edited by lordofultima (6235 posts) -

Eagle, Rolento, Alex, these are the only characters that I really care about. Has news come to reporting rumors now, though? I mean cmon.

#12 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

some new dlc would be cool i guess, be cool to see alex get some love

kinda off topic but why does everyone seem to hate on gootecks everytime i see him on a live stream theres so much hate in the chat

#13 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

why are we suppose to hate them for this?

#14 Posted by Viney212 (105 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: and even those were just unlocks of what were previously console exclusive characters right?  so not so much post-release additions as they were timed-exclusives?
#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

was expecting actual characters leaked, not just that there will be DLC, which we all suspect anyway from various interviews

#16 Posted by lordofultima (6235 posts) -

Yeah, what exactly did Capcom hate about Gootecks to begin with? Charming asian Elvis stylings?

#17 Edited by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

1 w4n7 Q 1n 7h3 g4m3!!!1!! 

Edit: Ultima i swear to god if you change this again ill slice your ears off.

#18 Posted by needforswede (492 posts) -

Yun and Yang, man...actually I only really liked one of those and I think it was Yang.

#19 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Capcom might hate him for this but us?

It's kinda good news ain't it?

#20 Posted by John1912 (1857 posts) -

From what Ono said a while back, Hugo was next in line to be added. 

#21 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -
@yani said:
" I really hope they're free... "
Same here.
#22 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Skullo Dream!
#23 Posted by Viney212 (105 posts) -
@yani:  Consider my mind blown if Capcom hands out free DLC characters after nickel-and-diming us for costume packs.
#24 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @yani said:
Same here. "
Yeah, otherwise it'll divide the community.
#25 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @yani said:
Same here. "
Yeah, otherwise it'll divide the community. "
It will.  Hell, it kinda is already.  You will need internet access to gain these additional characters.
#26 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @yani said:
Same here. "
They won't be free and you will probably be able to play against them online even if you did not purchase them.  

They announced long ago that DLC characters were now possible with SSF4 and I wouldn't be surprised if new characters came out at the same time as the arcade release, which is rumored to be on October 20, 2010.
#27 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I don't give a shit whether they add fighters or not. If you can't find at least one character to play out of the 35 in Super IV, then you fuckin' suck, or this game just ain't for you.

#28 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Give me Oro or give me death!

#29 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" Give me Oro or give me death! "
Booger balls IN 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Not that shitty red/blue 3D, 3 Dimensional booger balls.)
#30 Posted by TheLastNeo (440 posts) -

Dude, Rolento would be awesome.. he was a fun character for sure... 

#31 Posted by darkvare (765 posts) -

i would like maki from final fight 2

#32 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -
@Viney212 said:
" @yani:  Consider my mind blown if Capcom hands out free DLC characters after nickel-and-diming us for costume packs. "

Or they can give us the characters for free, then charge for their costume pack.
#33 Posted by darkvare (765 posts) -

oh oh oh i also want volcano rosso

#34 Posted by lordofultima (6235 posts) -

It's one thing to distribute an online patch for some bugs, because anyone can get that for free. It's another to release expensive DLC characters that I for sure wouldn't buy. Can you imagine offline tournaments? Half the set-ups are bring your own console/TV, so I can assume that 30% of the consoles they'd be playing on wouldn't own some or all of the DLC characters. The only way to combat that would be to hard ban the DLC characters from tournaments...which then defeats the competitive scene for said new characters.

#35 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11621 posts) -

Hooray...? Considering HD Remix was my first serious exposure to Street Fighter, I'm not the right person to ask in terms of additional characters. Maybe some more guys from SFIII? 

#36 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

I could see them adding Elena (Africa stage). I would also like to see Q. 

#37 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

No D.Dark or Skullomania, no deal...although I doubt they'd ever be put in one of the games.

#38 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@darkvare said:
" oh oh oh i also want volcano rosso "
YES 

#39 Posted by Demigonis (192 posts) -
@lordofultima:  They're already releasing balance patches, so tournament organizers are going to have to make sure the systems in question are up to date. I think adding and altering the game through digital means is awesome and the way of the future. And that it's weak to say "Oh man, people who are serious enough to organize SSFIV tournaments are going to have trouble getting the consoles online to patch and maybe even spend a few dollars for character DLC!" Dear god, what horror?!?

I hope this kind of thing becomes embraced instead of "omg, it's too hard/expensive. People have to do things to prepare!"

Also, you've already called them "expensive DLC characters." This hasn't even been officially announced yet, let alone pricing. What is expensive for characters? To my eyes it doesn't seem like Capcom has been nickle and diming gamers for "meaningful content," more like costumes and entirely optional game modes.
#40 Posted by Zarackus (34 posts) -

I would have to imagine that even people who didn't buy the DLC characters would still be able to play against them. Otherwise you're splitting your user base. No guarantee of that I guess.

#41 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -

Hey, a leak is caused by some inner trust issues at the company. Not the fans' fault if we get the scoop.

#42 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" @yani said:
Same here. "
I'm guessing that you can play against the DLC characters regardless if you payed. It can't be free, the pricing incentive is too good -- get your ass beat by a Rolento or Alex online and you'll want to buy em'.
#43 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

I don't really know any of the characters names that you guys are throwing around since I just got into Street Fighter with SSF4, but I'm all for more characters.

#44 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -

I am hoping its a completely new character.

#45 Posted by Killroycantkill (1401 posts) -
Yun would be sick. Skullomania is a must! Hmm, who else. R. Mika, Birdie, Sodom, Charlie or Remy not both, Oro, Urien, and right behind Skullomania is Captain Sawada.

Also I don't know if paid or free would be the best route to go. If they want to keep it balanced I would think that bringing out the characters with patchs that way everyone is forced to get them would be the best choice. Also I wonder if adding a certain character would change the game and have to get everyone rebalanced in some way.
#46 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

I personally want Charlie, Elena, Yun and Yang to be in the new roster :)

#47 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -
@lilbigsupermario:  They do have   Yun and Yang appear in Chun Li's ending so that would not be that far fetched... I wouldn't mind Hugo and Alex.
#48 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -
@Swaboo said:
" @lilbigsupermario:  They do have   Yun and Yang appear in Chun Li's ending so that would not be that far fetched... I wouldn't mind Hugo and Alex. "
An Abel vs Alex matchup would be cool hehe!
#49 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

DLC characters is dumb. Unless they're free. Everyone should have the same options at the character select screen. I don't want to fight someone I can't even pick myself. How would I train against them or anything?

#50 Edited by Rapid (1359 posts) -

Greeeeaaat now I'm even more undecided if I want to get SSF4 or RDR first =(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.