Guy, Adon, and Cody Confirmed

• 69 results
#1 Edited by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -

I personally would like Rolento instead of Adon but whatever. You cant get everything you want in life. Discuss. 

Also according to Ono there is going to be 8 characters added to the game. So with these 3 and the 3 already announced. That leaves only 2 more slots for Third Strike characters or for one Third Strike character and one brand new character. Hopefully they will be announced soon.

#2 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Nice. They look good.

#3 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Mmh. Final Fight on this engine please CAPCOM.

#4 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

...Who?

Man, I should've played some Street Fighter III back in the day.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

Sexxxxxxxxxxxy except I really don't care for Adon.

#6 Edited by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

Cody in the prison outfight! (Totally hoping for the cuffs, and him throwing rocks while yelling 'HAH-HAH!' )

here's hoping they announce some 3rd strike stuff, and i'm sorta excited they're putting this out.

#7 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" ...Who? Man, I should've played some Street Fighter III back in the day. "
These guys are all from the Alpha series. SF3 characters haven't been announced yet.
#8 Edited by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac: Guy and Cody are originally from Final Fight, which takes place in the Street Fighter Universe.  You can play as both Guy and Cody in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and I think Alpha 2 as well.  Adon is originally from Street Fighter 1.
#9 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

SFIII characters, please!

#10 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

UGH its the prison attire cody from alpha 3... sigh.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -
@Rhaknar: Maybe Cody's alternate costume will be his normal clothes from Final Fight 1.
#12 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" UGH its the prison attire cody from alpha 3... sigh. "
I guess Capcom wants to keep it fan service. Just look at Sakura, she still has her school outfit despite the fact she's aged.
#13 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

by the way there's a pic in there that might rpove Ibuki from SF3

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ij2l41.png

Who else uses Kunais in the SF universe

Also, for those keeping score, the old rumour list keeps getting confirmed, we just need the third strike characters now (ibuki semi confirmed by that kunai pic maybe, and makoto and dudley) and the other new one (hakan). they are 6 our of 10 so far with t.hawk, dee jay, cody, guy, adon and juri. Rolento was never on that list

I hope that thing of Ono saying thees 8 new characters is a bit of a mistranslation, hopefully its more in the line of what they said here so far "its about 8 to 10"

#14 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

The rumored characters in SSFIV is Adon, Cody, Guy, Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki. The first three were confirmed, so I'm believing the rumor.

#15 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@Rhaknar:  Geki, from the original SF.
#16 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
Not even Justin Wong thought Adom was a good idea since there is only one Muay Thai King and he's FN Sagat. 

All I gotta say is, they better like reinvent these guys since I never played them back in the alpha days simply because they weren't that fun to use. 

So far the previous rumors all proved to be true so come jan or something all the 3s players will have a simultaneous orgasm that will register on the rictor scale when ibuki and makoto are finally announced.
#17 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
So far the previous rumors all proved to be true so come jan or something all the 3s players will have a simultaneous orgasm that will register on the rictor scale when ibuki and makoto are finally announced. "
i love makoto, also...dudley (Balrog is guttertrash, i need a real gentleman fighter!)
#18 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@L33tfella_H: If what Capcom says is true (8 new characters) than at the very most the last two spots would be given to 3s characters. But watch they instead put in Charlie and Sodom instead, lols. Honestly the only two characters I cared about in alpha was Birdie and Rolento, seeing Adon, Guy and Cody instead is like the devil twisting my wish around to so I can get back to hating Capcom again.
#19 Edited by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: yea...capcom knows how to build up excitement only to dash it pretty quickly [i'm still pissed that Barry Burton is getting 0% love from capcom], here's hoping capcom put in some actually good characters (My opinion here, for those who need to inquire) instead of like 'DOOD, REMEMBER THE WEEABOO IN THE SAMURAI GEAR?!'
#20 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@L33tfella_H: Nah, at this rate Capcom is going to bust out a "major" announcement and be like: "Ok, we all heard your cries, and as fan service we put in 3s characters. Welcome Sean and Remy to the cast of SSF4......."
#21 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

@Rhaknar:

It could be anyone, I'll be waiting for confirmation, I don't dispute she's in the game, I'm just saying this image is too lame to draw that conclusion.

#22 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: Sean and Remy were great in SFIII. I actually prefer Sean over Sakura, Dan, and Akuma.
#23 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh: So you would rather have Sean over Dudley, Ibuki and Makoto?
#24 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: Well due to the fact that SFIV already has six shotos, no because it's too late for Sean. 
#25 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

:P Accidentally posted this. Somehow missed this thread, but I deleted mine as soon as I saw this.

I'm assuming Ibuki is in the game. As well as Urien.   I like these two choices. And I'm cool with Guy being in the game as well.

I'm not a fan of Cody, why is he still in his prison clothes? You'd think he'd get some new threads after all this time.

Adon? He was in Sagat's opening animation in Arcade mode so I guess I should have expected it. I don't really care much about him.

I'll be sold if Makoto is in the game. 

But I really wish they have another newcomer as well.

#26 Edited by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@animateria said:

Adon? He was in Sagat's opening animation in Arcade mode so I guess I should have expected it.

oh man, you just reminded me that Yun and Yang were in Chun-Li's Opening...maybe they'll pull them out of 3s. I like them..but..i just wish they wouldn't stick to their 8 characters promise now that i think of it.
#27 Edited by King9999 (614 posts) -
@L33tfella_H said:

" @animateria said:

Adon? He was in Sagat's opening animation in Arcade mode so I guess I should have expected it.

oh man, you just reminded me that Yun and Yang were in Chun-Li's Opening...maybe they'll pull them out of 3s. I like them..but..i just wish they wouldn't stick to their 8 characters promise now that i think of it. "
Ono said it was "8-ish" characters, meaning it's not a hard eight characters.  The character rumor list has gained more credibility with this recent leak, so I'm going to believe that the remaining characters are in fact the three 3S characters + Hakan.

Regarding the pic with the kunai...I want to know what the text in the corner says.
#28 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Aw sweet i didn't expect adon .

#29 Edited by Brake (1105 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

" by the way there's a pic in there that might rpove Ibuki from SF3   http://i47.tinypic.com/2ij2l41.png  Who else uses Kunais in the SF universe

Shoryuken says that the text next to the image says something like "who's kunai is Guy punching". Oh Capcom, you eternal cocktease.
#30 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
no offense to eternal hopers and dreamers, who knows, you might be right, but at this moment, looking at the list from a few months ago and the characters that have been confirmed, to think that the 3S characters would be anyone but ibuki, makoto and dudley is a bit silly in my opinion, since everything else has panned out so far
#31 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
"  

@Rhaknar:

It could be anyone, I'll be waiting for confirmation, I don't dispute she's in the game, I'm just saying this image is too lame to draw that conclusion.

"
Saw that, and it looks like it translates to "whos Kunai is Guy punching" or something. We will see. Either way I hope there are more than just 8 I want the full list!! :D
#32 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I'm not a huge Final Fight fan, but its good to see them back, I guess. Hopefully Cody won't be complete shit in this game. I've always liked Adon for some reason, although I rarely ever played as him. 

Still hoping for Dudley although I'm going to call Ibuki based on that screenshot too.

#33 Posted by Sweep (8924 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" ...Who?"
This
#34 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" ...Who?"
This "
If you've never heard of Final Fight, then you have no place on a video game website. Please leave.
#35 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Sorry peeps but doesn't look like there will be ANYONE from SF3...I have a screen of R.Mika in battle here:

#36 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

Here is one that kinda shows Rolento in the background:

#37 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@baelrrogg said:
" Sorry peeps but doesn't look like there will be ANYONE from SF3...I have a screen of R.Mika in battle here:
"
oh hell
#38 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

And another that seems to show Urien (guess I might have been wrong about SF3):

#39 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

Oh good a new troll.

#40 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: And why would I be a troll? Just posting what I have for info...you can make of it what you want...
#41 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@baelrrogg said:
" @Jeffsekai: And why would I be a troll? Just posting what I have for info...you can make of it what you want... "
Try reading the board first. These have already been discussed in depth. Oh, and the Guy + Urien picture is fake.
#42 Edited by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

S @MysteriousBob: Sure whatever like I said make what you want of it (I do see you that the Urien one is fake->name shows sim and no sim in sight)...I didn't bother reading most of the tread because it turned into a wishlist...

#43 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

FUCK YEA GUY!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#44 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

Maybe Adon will be an excellent counter to Sagat..! Maybe.. 

I like the images posted. The alpha chars look great. Can't wait to mess around with Guy. 

Definately can't wait to hear the final roster!

#45 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -
@baelrrogg: 

Where did you find that R. Mika pic?

Anyway, I'm curious what other characters they're going to introduce from the 8-10 rumored list. I'm definitely interested in using Cody and Guy, but I wonder where the demand for Adon came from.
#46 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -
@baelrrogg said:
" And another that seems to show Urien (guess I might have been wrong about SF3):
"
This image is fake.
#47 Posted by Flushes (329 posts) -

That is absolutely, undoubtedly an Ibuki dagger. The design and angle it's coming in at don't allow it to be anything else.

#48 Edited by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -
@baelrrogg said:

" Sorry peeps but doesn't look like there will be ANYONE from SF3...I have a screen of R.Mika in battle here:

"
I dont think that screen is legit. That stuff can easily be faked, just look at this.

EDIT: defiantly fake, that's cammy under R.Mika. Also look at the Super bars there not the new ones there from SF4 not SSF4. Doing a little digging I found that this was proven fake along time ago. Stop posting this crap.
 http://towardsmecca.com/2009/03/31/new-street-fighter-4-character-revealed-skullomania/

#49 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Woo, I called Cody being one of the next confirmed! Stang owes me an arcade stick or something. :P

It's too bad none of these characters interest me, but hooray to those who were hoping to see these three confirmed.

#50 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3377 posts) -
@animateria: Why Urien? He wouldn't play well in SSFIV at all...No double Aegis Reflector fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.