Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

How to STFU about SSFIV.

• 67 results
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

Destructoid wrote up an amazing article relating to every sort of, "this should have been DLC/shouldn't have to pay/I'm sexual frustrated/this is BS/screw them/etc."

Actually, instead of just posting the link, I'm going to go ahead and just copy paste the text for those of you who will just skim over it and continue on your noxious rant.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am concerned. Once again, it seems that a great many people are suffering, and that's hard to watch. This tends to happen when fighting games are involved, and while I'm not exactly sure what causes it, I like to do what I can to help.

To that end, I have put together a simple troubleshooting guide that might soothe some of the unbearable pain you seem to be experiencing. Hit the jump for some easy instructions on how to STFU about Super Street Fighter IV.

Step 1: Shut the fuck up.

Above all, this is an effective method of problem solving that will, in most cases, alleviate any issues you may be experiencing. Think of it like a reset button. Should any of the measures you've attempted prove ineffective, rest assured that simply closing your mouth and worrying about something more important is usually enough to set things right. It can be difficult to believe, but there really are better things to get upset about. If that fails, try some of the troubleshooting steps outlined below. 

Problem: I already bought SFIV. Why do I have to buy it again?

Solution: You don't. While the simple addition of the word "Super" to the title isn't enough to make this seem like a new game, that's kind of what it is. Adding new characters and rebalancing the old ones is going to completely change the way it's played, not to mention any additional Ultras and new attacks that are being thrown in. That doesn't look like much on paper, but if you play Street Fighter, you know that the tiniest tweaks can make a world of difference.

And if the rumors are true, we're going to see anywhere between eight and ten new characters. That bumps the roster of playable fighters up quite considerably over the first edition. Bonus stages are said to be making a comeback. A new lobby system. Tons of new content. Whether or not you think it's worth paying for is up to you, but this is by no means the same game. Capcom's been doing this since the franchise was born, and it never is. 

If the above is not enough for you, the short answer is, you don't. No, really. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Still having trouble? Refer to Step 1.

Problem: SFIV just came out, why is this happening so soon?   

Solution: It's not. We don't even have a release date yet, beyond a general "Spring 2010" ballpark. By the time this drops, it will have been more than a year since the first edition was released. Did you really not get your money's worth? How many $60 games did you buy in 2009 that remained just as fun for over a year?

You paid $60 for Arkham Asylum this year and didn't seem to mind. Are you still gonna be playing that come December? So why does this bother you? Sports games make their previous versions worthless every year and nobody stamps their feet and cries for their mommy about it. Given, some years they undergo bigger changes than we'll see with SSFIV, but we also haven't had NINE Street Fighters this decade, have we?

The point is, if you bought SFIV in February, you'll probably have gotten a lot more than sixty bucks' worth of fun out of it by next Spring. When a whole year of awesome gameplay for the same money you spent on Mirror's Edge or Assassin's Creed still leaves you feeling ripped off, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should have spent that cash on a Fleshlight. Or better yet, a visit from one of those "assisted suicide" doctors, so you can end the painful misery of knowing that nothing will ever be good enough for you.

Problem: We live in the digital age, this should have been DLC   

Solution: Maybe you missed the last few paragraphs, but in case you haven't heard, there's a lot of stuff being changed, retuned, updated and expanded, and at least eight new characters being added. For one, that would be a bigass download for people who don't have a lot of space left on their hard drive. Secondly, you're talking about tinkering with a huge portion of the game's code, and that's a Pandora's box full of potential for fuckuppery.

I can understand where you're coming from with this one, and I love my digital downloads as much as you do, but for something this enormous? I think I'd rather Capcom just do it right, make sure it works, and then put that working game on a whole new disc, thank you very much. Save me the trouble of all the potential compatibility issues and save me the ton of HDD space as well. I don't need the virtual equivalent of the Genesis power tower. If it's that big, it belongs on a disc, at least until console hard drives are big enough that it's not an issue for anyone who wants it.

Problem: This new version isn't worth the money, even at a discounted price

Solution: Tell us what you know! Seriously, spill the beans, we want to know what else is on the disc. You obviously have some kind of awesome inside scoop on what else is included if you can say it's not worth it. Did Dudley make it in? Is Ibuki really coming back? 

Wait ... what do you mean you're not sure what's on the disc yet? You don't know? Then what the fuck are you complaining about? You might feel that way after you know for sure what's included and exactly what it will cost you to get a copy, but until then, it's a bit early to be crying.

Oh, I know you. You're that same guy who always says you're waiting for a full 6-hour demo and a price drop. Or that nothing's worth the money without 500gb of free DLC and a ton of pre-order bonuses. Man, it must suck to be you. What's it like to never play new games because nothing's ever a good enough value?

Problem: Capcom is milking us dry, they shouldn't be charging for this AT ALL!

Solution: Consider the possibility that you may very well be stupid. I'm not trying to insult you, I say this out of genuine concern. If you actually believe Super Street Fighter IV should be given to you for free, you might be a certifiable idiot, and should probably stop reading now so you can go see a doctor.

Working in this industry for a few years has taught me that very few people understand this concept. You might find it mind-boggling, but real human beings worked on this game, and those people deserve to eat. They deserve to pay their bills and be compensated for their time and effort. Nobody likes to work for free.

"But what about MEEE? I work hard! My money is valuable!"

Well you know how it feels then, don't you, motherfucker? You work hard for the money you spend on games, and somebody else worked just as hard so you could have them to play. Why don't you want them to get paid for that? What makes you so special, little miss snowflake?

These seem to be the most common concerns. If you're worried about the fact that it's not compatible with the original for online play, you needn't fret about that, either. I'm sure there will be a few other disgruntled souls out there who won't want to buy it, and they can keep you company while the rest of us are too busy having fun with the new one.

But there really are better things to bitch about. This isn't one of those situations where the content was already on the disc and you had to pay to unlock it. Capcom has listened to its fans and made the adjustments and corrections we've been asking for, and thrown in a tremendous amount of new stuff on top of it all. I would've been happy with rebalancing, a Shinkuu Hadouken for Sakura and a couple of new characters, personally, but I'm getting a whole lot more than that. For starters, a sexy Korean girl with some quick, fluid attacks and the kind of straight, black Uma Thurman bangs that set my heart on fire. But that's just me talking. 

The truth of the matter is, nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you buy SSFIV. Some of us are really pumped about it, and if you're not one of those people, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you don't like the fact that it exists, you can easily voice that opinion by not spending your money on it. That's how it works. But please, find something better to get angry at. There have been far worse crimes committed against gamers, and chances are, you spent your money on them. 

At least you have the option this time around.

So please, everybody getting up in arms about Super Street Fighter IV, do everybody in this forum, where everybody loves to play the game, and hell, the rest of the internet, please STFU.

Source
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

See, that's why I don't read Destructiod.

Personally whenever anyone is defending massive corporations in a serious and personal way I find that stupid.  Anti-consumer sentiment of any kind hurts us all.

I would argue that people that defend corporations or platforms, whether it be Capcom, Nintendo, PC, Microsoft, Sony, any particular version of Windows, Steam or any others when those companies act in any way against the consumers' interests, it's wrong.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Damn right!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Baillie

I hope someone comes in here and says this is bullshit or something. :) 
    Oh...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Diamond: That's Right! Corporations are evil! They always have it out for the little guy! Exploitative Bastards!

For once, I agree with destructiod. But then again, unlike the rest of you, I never bought Street Fighter IV. I just borrowed it for 4 or so months before my save data got corrupted.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @Baillie said:
    " I hope someone comes in here and says this is bullshit or something. :) Oh... "
    You missed Diamond's post. :)
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @Baillie: This is bullshit or something.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

Firstly anyone else surprised it wasn't Jim Sterling who posted that? He's usually the guy I expect such articles from, he did a fantastic job calling out the L4D2 haters. God bless him!

Secondly I semi-agree with the article. Having not bought or played SFIV I can't say the announcement about SSF:IV concerns or bothers me much if at all. However there are points made in that article that I think many people could do with taking onboard.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baillie
    @MurderByDeath: Thanks, that's what I was looking for. You swine, you!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

I agree with all that's written there. I was willing to pay full price easily before SSFIV was even announced and the fact it won't be full price is just a bonus to my wallet. I've played a shit ton of SFIV (around 200 hours) and I don't regret my purchase one bit so that's why I'm buying SSFIV on day 1, because I know I'll get an amazing amount of playtime out of it. People need to stop whining about "Waahhh it's not DLC", "Waahhh it's not $5", "Waahhh it's not compatible with SFIV online". Just don't buy it and spend your money on what you do think is worth your money.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

I knew from the very beginning that it wasn't gonna be DLC.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By demontium
    @Napalm: THIS TOPIC ROCKS!
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diamond
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " @Diamond: That's Right! Corporations are evil! They always have it out for the little guy! Exploitative Bastards!  For once, I agree with destructiod. But then again, unlike the rest of you, I never bought Street Fighter IV. I just borrowed it for 4 or so months before my save data got corrupted. "
    They're not evil, but they are out for money.  I won't stop complaining when corporations exploit gamers simply because some other fanboy gamers wish to defend said corporation.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animateria

Eh.... It's basically a internet post complaining about other internet posts.... 

Like we haven't seen that before.

This is the internet, people like to complain. 

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Damian

Dude bitches about bitching too much. I totally thought Sterling wrote this.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm
    @Diamond said:

" @ArbitraryWater said:

" @Diamond: That's Right! Corporations are evil! They always have it out for the little guy! Exploitative Bastards!  For once, I agree with destructiod. But then again, unlike the rest of you, I never bought Street Fighter IV. I just borrowed it for 4 or so months before my save data got corrupted. "
    They're not evil, but they are out for money.  I won't stop complaining when corporations exploit gamers simply because some other fanboy gamers wish to defend said corporation. "
    No.

This is how Street Fighter has always worked. This isn't "new" and Capcom is not out for money.

Like the article said, if you read it, "designers need to eat as well, they need to make money from their hard-earned work."

Maybe you should be boycotting Activision/Infinity Ward for charging $200 (whatever the stupidly high price is) for some retarded gimmicky goggles with Modern Warfare 2. Capcom is NOT who you should be flinging your shit at.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By StaticFalconar

I was just thinking the same thing as destructoid.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By animateria
    @Damian said:
    " Dude bitches about bitching too much. I totally thought Sterling wrote this. "
    I think it's just the general flavor of Dtoid.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond
    @Napalm said:
    No.  This is how Street Fighter has always worked. This isn't "new" and Capcom is not out for money.  Like the article said, if you read it, "designers need to eat as well, they need to make money from their hard-earned work."  Maybe you should be boycotting Activision/Infinity Ward for charging $200 (whatever the stupidly high price is) for some retarded gimmicky goggles with Modern Warfare 2. Capcom is NOT who you should be flinging your shit at.
    Capcom wants my money like anyone else.  I paid for their stupid DLC costumes in SF4, and they were even on disk.  If they didn't want my money they'd let me use em for free.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By napalm
    @Diamond said:

" @Napalm said:

No.  This is how Street Fighter has always worked. This isn't "new" and Capcom is not out for money.  Like the article said, if you read it, "designers need to eat as well, they need to make money from their hard-earned work."  Maybe you should be boycotting Activision/Infinity Ward for charging $200 (whatever the stupidly high price is) for some retarded gimmicky goggles with Modern Warfare 2. Capcom is NOT who you should be flinging your shit at.
    Capcom wants my money like anyone else.  I paid for their stupid DLC costumes in SF4, and they were even on disk.  If they didn't want my money they'd let me use em for free. "

This is what I think.
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By yetiantics

Gamers at times have a "10 year old boy" complex. They either want everything for free, want things to happen their way, or have mommy and daddy buy it for them cus 10 year old boy aint spending his precious allowance on a videogame he secretly wants and blows it all on gummi bears and cola.

in short: 
    That article rocks.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#22  Edited By AgentJ

Can't say I would have terribly minded DLC as an option, but I'll be buying the disc anyway. 

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By PureRok
    @Napalm said:
    " @Diamond said:

" @ArbitraryWater said:

They're not evil, but they are out for money.  I won't stop complaining when corporations exploit gamers simply because some other fanboy gamers wish to defend said corporation. "
    No.  This is how Street Fighter has always worked. This isn't "new" and Capcom is not out for money.  Like the article said, if you read it, "designers need to eat as well, they need to make money from their hard-earned work."  Maybe you should be boycotting Activision/Infinity Ward for charging $200 (whatever the stupidly high price is) for some retarded gimmicky goggles with Modern Warfare 2. Capcom is NOT who you should be flinging your shit at. "
    Is Capcom a company? Yes, they are. So, yes, they are out for money, whether you want to believe that or not. Everything they do is for your money.
    noobeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By noobeffect
    @Diamond said:

" Personally whenever anyone is defending massive corporations in a serious and personal way I find that stupid."

It's really just a typical consumer news outlet defending a company to maintain good standings with them. It's why most mainstream consumer blogs openly rallied at Valve's defense for L4D2, it's why you don't have ANY mainstream news outlet boycotting or doing anything similar to Activision after what their CEO said. If Destruct did anything with this post, it's looking at Capcom and saying, "Hey, we defended you guys! How about an interview or an invite to a press event or some good info about SSFIV?"
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By napalm
    @PureRok said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Diamond said:

" @ArbitraryWater said:

No.  This is how Street Fighter has always worked. This isn't "new" and Capcom is not out for money.  Like the article said, if you read it, "designers need to eat as well, they need to make money from their hard-earned work."  Maybe you should be boycotting Activision/Infinity Ward for charging $200 (whatever the stupidly high price is) for some retarded gimmicky goggles with Modern Warfare 2. Capcom is NOT who you should be flinging your shit at. "
    Is Capcom a company? Yes, they are. So, yes, they are out for money, whether you want to believe that or not. Everything they do is for your money. "
    Once again, your shit-flinging conspiracy theory of Capcom would be better directed at Activision.

(Capcom) want money, because they are making changes for the community and realize this will be better for the SFIV scene as a whole. They want your money so you can enjoy the product and they get to feed their families. It's a trade off. Besides, on day one, the whole SFIV tournament scene will more than likely convert to SSFIV, because it makes all the changes and balances and tweaks everything.

Why the fuck am I even explaining this? Isn't this why I copy-pasted the entire article for you to read? Good lord.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Hailinel

I prefer all of this new content be on a disc.  I'll be picking it up for sure.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By SpecialBuddy

This article made me dance a little inside. So true. Its the people who don't want to buy this are the people who don't know what Street Fighter is all about.

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jiggah
    @Diamond said:
    " @Napalm said:
    Capcom wants my money like anyone else.  I paid for their stupid DLC costumes in SF4, and they were even on disk.  If they didn't want my money they'd let me use em for free. "
    I'm sorry you're crying because you decided to pay for something that gave you absolutely nothing but an aesthetic value and you're blaming Capcom?  They put a gun to your head to make you pay for costumes that did nothing for your character but make them look pretty?  Of course, they also gave you a free DLC that actually gave you a new game mode, which they didn't even have to fucking do...but hey who's counting.

As far as I'm concerned, exploiting gamers would be offering DLC that's already on the disc that has major consequences to the actual gameplay i.e. specific overpower character  unlock, new powers, or new weapons.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187
    @Napalm said:
    " @Diamond said:

" @Napalm said:

This is what I think. "
    No, no, dood...the costumes thing...I totally agree that we shouldn't have had to pay for that shit since it was already on the disc.  I mean, sorry, but when I pay for the disc copy of the game, that means the shit that's on said disc should be unlocked for me completely.  If it's not, then I've legally been sold something and can't access everything that is on it.  That would be like me ordering a new car direct from the factory, but I'm not allowed to pick from all the different options to go with it. 

However, as for SSFIV, yeah...I totally expect to buy that on a separate disc, and I'll gladly slap the money down on the table.  However, if they lock a bunch of shit on the disc again and charge for it to be unlocked...then that's some bullshit.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Diamond
    @Napalm said:
    Once again, your shit-flinging conspiracy theory of Capcom would be better directed at Activision.  (Capcom) want money, because they are making changes for the community and realize this will be better for the SFIV scene as a whole. They want your money so you can enjoy the product and they get to feed their families. It's a trade off. Besides, on day one, the whole SFIV tournament scene will more than likely convert to SSFIV, because it makes all the changes and balances and tweaks everything. Why the fuck am I even explaining this? Isn't this why I copy-pasted the entire article for you to read? Good lord. "
    I don't justify anything Activision has done or anyone else, but I don't blindly defend them either.  You have no right to complain that other people are complaining about this.

@Jiggah said:
    I'm sorry you're crying because you decided to pay for something that gave you absolutely nothing but an aesthetic value and you're blaming Capcom?  They put a gun to your head to make you pay for costumes that did nothing for your character but make them look pretty?  Of course, they also gave you a free DLC that actually gave you a new game mode, which they didn't even have to fucking do...but hey who's counting.  As far as I'm concerned, exploiting gamers would be offering DLC that's already on the disc that has major consequences to the actual gameplay i.e. specific overpower character  unlock, new powers, or new weapons. "
    I'm not complaining about the DLC, I'm making a point.  You on the other hand are trying to belittle my position for sake of a massive corporation.  You get a paycheck from them or they give you free stuff and I won't think you're stupid for doing so.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By napalm

Are you done with your conspiracy theory rant?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Diamond
    @Napalm said:

" Are you done with your conspiracy theory rant? "

Yes, because it's a conspiracy theory that Capcom wants money.  Are you done complaining because other people have a problem with your GOTY 2010?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By napalm
    @Diamond said:

" @Napalm said:

Yes, because it's a conspiracy theory that Capcom wants money.  Are you done complaining because other people have a problem with your GOTY 2010? "
    Have you read this yet? I'm sure this will clear up all your confusion.
    myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By myke_tuna

Guys, guys. How about...we agree to disagree? Huh? Make everyone feel good again? Right? Who wants to argue about all this stuff? No one does. Diamond, you can go ahead and think Napalm is an idiot, and Napalm, you go ahead and think Diamond is an ass. Cool?

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

This thread is pirate cake approved!     
     This thread is pirate cake approved!     
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheGremp

Epic article is epic.  People who complain about stuff like this make me laugh.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By animateria

Irony is that... well...

STFU!

Never... really pans out.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm
    @noobeffect said:

" @Napalm said:

Here's a question for you, if you think the community will easily go to SSFVI, then how will that happen if an arcade version of it isn't released? "
    Personally, I'm pretty worried about Arcade Infinity. As someone in another thread already mentioned, almost all of the US SFIV tournaments are played on consoles. In Japan, the gameplaying (not necessarily tournaments) it's almost Arcade-exclusive. I really don't know what's going to happen to them. I'm at a weird place with myself about that topic, which is a really stupid decision that Capcom is making on their part. I assume if there is big enough demand for it, they will release an arcade version.

So, besides people who play on consoles and go to these console-specific tournaments, they'll be fine. But I'm worried about Arcade Infinity, which is almost Arcade exclusive as well as Japan as a whole.

Ugh. That, in my honest opinion, really does suck.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scooper
    @Diamond said:
    " @Napalm said:
    I wanted the costumes but I didn't want them enough to pay 1000 microsoft points so you know what, I didn't buy them. I'm not sour about that though because I weighed it up in my mind and made a decision. You shouldn't be sour either because you obviously wanted them enough to pay money for them or you wouldn't of got them. You weren't forced to buy them, yet you still did.

If the new game isn't worth the amount of money they're charging to you then don't buy it but at that point I think you've got to prioritise how you spend your money on games if you're going to spend money for 'stupid costumes' for a game you already own but not buy a new game with brand new content? What are you doing. Save your money buying stupid costumes or whatever DLC it may happen to be and roll it into a new game like SSFIV.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By AniMoney

Who cares if people complain? I agree with the article mostly but anyone who doesn't isn't suddenly going to change their mind after reading it. They'll just be pissed off more.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Diamond: It looks as if you missed the entire point of the article and/or didn't read it. He's trying to tell people to stop complaining about the game. He wants the people who won't buy it/are complaining to STFU so those who want to get it can enjoy it. He's also saying that PLENTY of times Capcom and other companies have much worse and have gotten significantly less hate. 

Also, I'm sure we all understand Capcom is a company and companies exist to make money. They make money by providing us with games and the like. I shouldn't have to explain any more of the basics of a market economy. But I feel as though this should be said.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel
    @Diamond said:
    " @Napalm said:
    Once again, your shit-flinging conspiracy theory of Capcom would be better directed at Activision.  (Capcom) want money, because they are making changes for the community and realize this will be better for the SFIV scene as a whole. They want your money so you can enjoy the product and they get to feed their families. It's a trade off. Besides, on day one, the whole SFIV tournament scene will more than likely convert to SSFIV, because it makes all the changes and balances and tweaks everything. Why the fuck am I even explaining this? Isn't this why I copy-pasted the entire article for you to read? Good lord. "
    I don't justify anything Activision has done or anyone else, but I don't blindly defend them either.  You have no right to complain that other people are complaining about this.

@Jiggah said:
    I'm sorry you're crying because you decided to pay for something that gave you absolutely nothing but an aesthetic value and you're blaming Capcom?  They put a gun to your head to make you pay for costumes that did nothing for your character but make them look pretty?  Of course, they also gave you a free DLC that actually gave you a new game mode, which they didn't even have to fucking do...but hey who's counting.  As far as I'm concerned, exploiting gamers would be offering DLC that's already on the disc that has major consequences to the actual gameplay i.e. specific overpower character  unlock, new powers, or new weapons. "
    I'm not complaining about the DLC, I'm making a point.  You on the other hand are trying to belittle my position for sake of a massive corporation.  You get a paycheck from them or they give you free stuff and I won't think you're stupid for doing so. "
    I don't see anyone blindly defending Capcom.  I see people defending the choice Capcom made to make Super Street Fighter IV a disc release as a smart decision.  If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to buy it, and we would greatly appreciate it if you would STFU instead of interjecting into conversations regarding the game to reiterate your negative stance on the decision.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I'd also rather have it on a disc so it is portable. I'll be playing it on my console then have to go to my friend's without it? I like the idea of having all of it on a disc. I also like the idea of it not taking up HDD space too.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By asurastrike

I look forward to seeing the sales numbers of Super Street Fighter IV. I know that there is no way I am going to re-buy the game for additional characters that, honestly, should be DLC.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Diamond
    @Hailinel said:
    If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to buy it, and we would greatly appreciate it if you would STFU instead of interjecting into conversations regarding the game to reiterate your negative stance on the decision.
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    He's trying to tell people to stop complaining about the game. He wants the people who won't buy it/are complaining to STFU so those who want to get it can enjoy it.
    I'm sorry, but the internet isn't just for you to enjoy.  I would also appreciate it if you and everyone else would stop trying to stop me from voicing my grievances.  If you don't wish to read my particular complaints you may choose to ignore my comments.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#46  Edited By Symphony
    @jakob187 said:
    " That would be like me ordering a new car direct from the factory, but I'm not allowed to USE all the different options that CAME with it.  "
    Fixed your analogy for ya ;)

Back to the subject at hand, I totally agree with the article 100%. Here's another perspective to look at it from -- MMO users pay a monthly fee and often don't see updates for 6 months or more AND are required to buy expansions often on a yearly basis. People crying over this whole SSFIV need to chill out and get over themselves. If you're a big SFIV fan, you probably got more value out of that $60 game in the last 6 months than a lot of MMO users get out of paying $40 for the game and then $15 a month (or $130 total) in comparison. Even after tacking on the cost of SSFIV you're paying less than an average MMO player does for 6 months of game time.

Seriously, why is anyone complaining about SSFIV? You'd have to be... ugg! Just no. No no no.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Napalm said:
    "Once again, your shit-flinging conspiracy theory of Capcom would be better directed at Activision.  (Capcom) want money, because they are making changes for the community and realize this will be better for the SFIV scene as a whole. They want your money so you can enjoy the product and they get to feed their families. It's a trade off."
    I don't think Capcom is nearly as altruistic as you think they are.  I also don't think it's a conspiracy theory that Capcom wants your money.  I don't really have any problem with them releasing this as a disc, but I don't see why it can't also be released as a DLC add-on for those who already own SFIV and don't want to have to repay for all those game assets when Capcom could charge a lot less for it if distributed digitally.  

Yes, this is how it has always been done in the past, but we have other ways of distributing content in this day and age.  Capcom has only seen fit to use them when releasing ridiculously overpriced costume packs and crappy online adversarial multiplayer components to games that don't really need them and indeed barely function with them.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hailinel
    @Diamond said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to buy it, and we would greatly appreciate it if you would STFU instead of interjecting into conversations regarding the game to reiterate your negative stance on the decision.
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    He's trying to tell people to stop complaining about the game. He wants the people who won't buy it/are complaining to STFU so those who want to get it can enjoy it.
    I'm sorry, but the internet isn't just for you to enjoy.  I would also appreciate it if you and everyone else would stop trying to stop me from voicing my grievances.  If you don't wish to read my particular complaints you may choose to ignore my comments. "
    Do you need to voice your grievances in every thread regarding the game?  No, I don't think so.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Hailinel said:
    "Do you need to voice your grievances in every thread regarding the game?  No, I don't think so. "
    Well, this is probably the most appropriate thread for him to do it, so maybe you should be less concerned with this thread and more concerned with the other threads that you think are less appropriate for voicing his grievances on SFIV.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Diamond: 
    There's nothing wrong with having a negative opinion on something. The idea behind the article is that too many people have complained too much and it is just become annoying & mindless to a point. I'm not trying to attack your opinion specifically now, but I am on the side of buying the new game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.