Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

How to STFU about SSFIV.

• 67 results
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Asurastrike said:
    " I look forward to seeing the sales numbers of Super Street Fighter IV. I know that there is no way I am going to re-buy the game for additional characters that, honestly, should be DLC. "
    That's just it though it's not just additional characters. Its improved online (have you ever really seen a game that says they fixed the net code through DLC and it actually worked? EX: King of Fighters 12), new game play mechanics, further balancing, and much more. There is no way they can just do that as a download.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By animateria
    @Asurastrike said:
    " I look forward to seeing the sales numbers of Super Street Fighter IV. I know that there is no way I am going to re-buy the game for additional characters that, honestly, should be DLC. "

It can't be DLC because it will segment the online players.

It should be apparent that people with DLC will only be able to play against people who also own DLC.  

This isn't just limited to the balancing issues of the new characters. Any gameplay changes (such as, every character having 2 Ultras... nerfs and boosts, mechanic changes) will need to be implemented into the original SF4 if they wanted it to be DLC.

If Capcom is going through the trouble of doing the update/overhaul of the game to the extent they are doing, the DLC would have to cost around $30 at the minimum.

So anyone wanting to buy SFIV in the future will need to buy the game, then the DLC. Which is an unrealistic expectation. 

This just confuses consumers, creates a giant divide in player-base, and is near impossible for PR to create hype.

A more simpler solution would be to release the game on a disk at a reduced price (and they said SSFIV isn't planned at a full retail price already).

And is anyone really surprised that a 2D game will have an updated version?

Blazblue is doing it, and before that GGXX, besides KOF has been the worst offender until XII (we all know the sprites will be milked to death).
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Asurastrike said:
    This is another problem. Super Street Fighter IV has already been CONFIRMED to be much more than just new characters and a few tweaks to old ones. People are misinformed. It isn't your fault really because news on this game is so weird. Certain things are clearly confirmed and other things are vague. Also, so far eventhubs has been pretty much right on the dot so I think pretty much all of the other rumors are to be believed, or at least considered possible.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Cube

Destructoid sucks.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @animateria: 

I don't have a problem with KoF12 sprites being milked to death, seeing as though making one of those takes so long and they will probably make them look even better over time too. If anything that game is doing right is the look(although it isn't perfect at all, it also lacks personality among many other things) and I hope SNK feels the same way I do. 

Anyway, I agree with pretty much everything else you said though, especially since SSFIV looks to be the biggest "update" for pretty much any fighting game iteration I can think of. Let's just hope all the rumors are true as well as Capcom doing other things for the game beyond the rumors on the game page.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By lordofultima

So you're basically relaying a message to STFU about Super Street Fighter IV...on a Super Street Fighter IV forum. Awesome? Go to the Dildo forum and tell those people to stop using dildos, I DARE YOU.

Pixelzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Pixelzombie
    @Diamond said:
    "Personally whenever anyone is defending massive corporations in a serious and personal way I find that stupid.  Anti-consumer sentiment of any kind hurts us all. "
    Personally, whenever anyone is attacking massive corporations for making products I want to buy, I find that even more stupid.
    Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Andborn

I was only upset at the SSF4 announcement because I haven't played anywhere near enough SF4, which is entirely my own fault. Plus now I'm balls deep in BlazBlue so, maybe I'll pick SSF4 up eventually.  I love fighters but I hate online matches and I'm better than all my immediate friends. So I hope they beef up the single player a bit more. I know, an oxymoron, but hey a guy can dream.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By carlthenimrod

I don't see the purpose of this article. It's the internet. People complain. Get over it.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Jeffsekai

As much of a joke article that it, alot of it is spot on. I'm so sick of people complaining about SSF4 when we know next to nothing about what will be in it, Ono has said that it will not be full priced and there will be at lest 8 new chars new stages AND improved online play. Sounds like a sequel to me...more so than NHL 09 to NHL 10 srsly shut the fuck up people.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By VWGTI

I approve of that article and I'll be buying this game on day 1. :)

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By Flushes
    @Diamond: You have a profoundly distorted view of this entire issue, as well as a hilariously cliched opinion about corporate greed. You act like "exploitation" is a quantifiable term. The point of the article is to lampoon those who complain for the sake of it. Capcom may be a large corporate entity, but that doesn't make this article anti-consumer; think of it more like a reactionary idiot trap. All you're doing is letting them catch another one.
    Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Frederik

Brilliant article!  

Clever and well written... I don't even understand the problem?  You were happy playing SSIV and you can continue playing it. That Capom is putting out another game doesn't change the game you have, it's just an extra bonus for those who want more. Everybody's happy!...... right?... everyody...?

And Capcom being big old meanies because thay want money? Are you 12? It's a company! If it didn't get any money there would be no more Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Dead Rising etc. etc. 

Conclusion:
    1.  If you don't want it, don't buy it
    2.  If you want, buy it
    3.  If you want it but don't want to pay, ask your parents for it for christmas (that is if you are twelve or younger... If not, just shoot yourself :) )

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#64  Edited By ImperiousRix

This is pretty damn awesome...
    tatsuyame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tatsuyame

@Flushes You're my hero. 
    This thread has provided me with many a laugh. "Anyone defending anything a corporation does is a poopyface! I don't like companies putting out 'dlc' that's on the disc, even though I'm one of the people who paid for that disc dlc! Fweeenwhinneee" 

On the actual topic of what the thread is supposed to be about, this reminds me of the boycott L4D2 movement. 
    "Whine, something's already announced to come out a year after the previous game, and even though I don't know or even understand yet what they're changing and adding I'm going to say it should be free, dlc, or both whine whine idiocy." I like cats.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By slinky6

Irony is good stuff.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    @PureRok said:

" @Napalm said:

" @Diamond said:

" @ArbitraryWater said:

" @Diamond: That's Right! Corporations are evil! They always have it out for the little guy! Exploitative Bastards!  For once, I agree with destructiod. But then again, unlike the rest of you, I never bought Street Fighter IV. I just borrowed it for 4 or so months before my save data got corrupted. "
    They're not evil, but they are out for money.  I won't stop complaining when corporations exploit gamers simply because some other fanboy gamers wish to defend said corporation. "
    No.  This is how Street Fighter has always worked. This isn't "new" and Capcom is not out for money.  Like the article said, if you read it, "designers need to eat as well, they need to make money from their hard-earned work."  Maybe you should be boycotting Activision/Infinity Ward for charging $200 (whatever the stupidly high price is) for some retarded gimmicky goggles with Modern Warfare 2. Capcom is NOT who you should be flinging your shit at. "
    Is Capcom a company? Yes, they are. So, yes, they are out for money, whether you want to believe that or not. Everything they do is for your money. "
    if you really believe this... may god have mercy on your soul.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.