Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

I would like to see..

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By banzairyusan

I would like to see..

Karin
    Adon
    Rolento
    Ying and Yang  
    MAKOTO!! PLEASE!

Dramatic Battle! New stages, clothing and appearance customization that is on par with Tekken 6! 

Quoted from me from another topic but for organization's sake:

I would like Akuma to have a little more health, new combos with his ultra and supers, bring back his ground and air fireball supers and make it less of a pain to input, and also bring back his shoryuken super, and ground explosion super (like in SF3).  Make Akuma more godlike this time around please! Or they can allow us to slect different supers for different strategies like SF3.

I would also like to see an improved SNK VS Capcom as well. with better graphics and more moves. hahahaha.  

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

If Akuma was more god like than he is now then he would be broken.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " If Akuma was more god like than he is now then he would be broken. "
    Seriously.  If anything, he should get nerfed.
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrGetBonus

I'd like if Akuma got his air fireball super. I always thought it was really badass. Screw the ground one though.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AniMoney

I like Akuma as he is. I feel he's one of the few characters they really don't need to mess with.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Akuma is the perfect character, LEAVE HIM THE HELL ALONE. He's too balanced already, I think other characters need to be brought up to his level. More health will make him a god, I don't want people complaining any more when I win.

Clothing customization I absolutely don't agree with, I think that makes a fighting game look like a joke. Definitely don't need Akuma in a pin-striped suit with a fuzzy hat any time soon. I do agree with one thing though...Rolento. YEAH.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

I've said it before, but as long as they add one character I'll be picking the game (and subsequent Fight pad) up. 

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGremp
    @lordofultima said:
    " Akuma is the perfect character, LEAVE HIM THE HELL ALONE. He's too balanced already, I think other characters need to be brought up to his level. More health will make him a god, I don't want people complaining any more when I win.  Clothing customization I absolutely don't agree with, I think that makes a fighting game look like a joke. Definitely don't need Akuma in a pin-striped suit with a fuzzy hat any time soon. I do agree with one thing though...Rolento. YEAH. "
    Typed the words right off of my fingers. 

Akuma is fine as he is.  He doesn't really need any tweaking.  And costume customization would simply make it look silly.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @banzairyusan: If you are going to start breaking the game by having Akuma have more health and options to hurt you, I propose everybody gets a fireball, why not, hell everybody gets a air fireball as well. Make Sagat's fireball homing and do more damage. Lets have a macro to do FADC for us so I have a reason for those two extra buttons on the side.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @banzairyusan said:
    " I would like Akuma to have a little more health, new combos with his ultra and supers, bring back his ground and air fireball supers and make it less of a pain to input, and also bring back his shoryuken super, and ground explosion super (like in SF3).  Make Akuma more godlike this time around please! Or they can allow us to slect different supers for different strategies like SF3. "
    You're fucking crazy.

HAI I WANT SAGATS TIGER UPPERCUT TO HIT 10 TIMES AND HIS ULTRA NEEDS TO DEEL NO LESS THEN 75% DAMAGE. THIS IS FAIR. BYE.
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By banzairyusan
    @lordofultima said:
    " Akuma is the perfect character, LEAVE HIM THE HELL ALONE. He's too balanced already, I think other characters need to be brought up to his level. More health will make him a god, I don't want people complaining any more when I win.  Clothing customization I absolutely don't agree with, I think that makes a fighting game look like a joke. Definitely don't need Akuma in a pin-striped suit with a fuzzy hat any time soon. I do agree with one thing though...Rolento. YEAH. "
    @Napalm said:
    " @banzairyusan said:
    " I would like Akuma to have a little more health, new combos with his ultra and supers, bring back his ground and air fireball supers and make it less of a pain to input, and also bring back his shoryuken super, and ground explosion super (like in SF3).  Make Akuma more godlike this time around please! Or they can allow us to slect different supers for different strategies like SF3. "
    You're fucking crazy.  HAI I WANT SAGATS TIGER UPPERCUT TO HIT 10 TIMES AND HIS ULTRA NEEDS TO DEEL NO LESS THEN 75% DAMAGE. THIS IS FAIR. BYE. "

HA ha Ha. Sure I do not mind to let everyone have their own unique traits. Just don't make them die faster. I don't think this has ever happened in a Tekken game before. I hope that isn't the case in Tekken 6 (wtih the health thing).

Well, I guess its okay to leave Akuma as he is.  I guess the reason why I brought back the customizations is because Tekken 6 uses more modern looking characters -- that look really kool.  I like the styles and design, it fits well in the game.

I've always been a Tekken fan as I have played and owned all Tekken games since Tekken 1 on Playstation 1 and all street fighter games since Street Fighter II on SNES so I know my stuff ^^;

This is however my first times playing competitively because this is the first time I've had the opportunity to play  Street Fighter IV went online and Tekken 6 w0000t!!!

Anyways if Jin Kazama from Tekken would look good in a leather jacket, and Akuma wouldn't. Then why not let Akuma wear "Cultural Outfits" instead.  Take Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for instance.. the backgrounds are so beautiful, the game is so beautiful and really brings back traditional Japan.  Street Fighter IV could do this and bring back cultural clothings from each character for their respective countries. I am sure there are more creative ways to display culture besides different colored GI.  No one really complained that the hair color changed.  I really liked Akuma's alternative costume.  He happens to be wearing Buddist Beads and has a powerful move that Buddist use, Palm strike. (Diablo 3's Buddist class has it too ^^).

I am just saying, you maybe afraid of change, but it would be nice... for laughs or for fun, like Yoshimitsu's Penny Arcade Cardboard Tube Samurai outfit (Tekken 6).

I am a big fan of Tekken and Street Fighter, and I do not like one and hate the other. I love both games. And I look forward to Tekken 6 which will be out in 26 days!

Do most of you own a PS3 or a 360? I unfortunately have been called a traitor by my asian coworkers for having a 360 lolz.  I don't mind suppoting Microsoft because its a great company that protects employee rights and promotes diversity.  But, I'd like to own a PS3 soon.. because the Tekken 6 boards on gamefaqs are more active on the PS3 board than on the 360 board. Not to say that I guess 360 people are more FPS fans and probably lose patience or grow tired.. but I've been facing the same people on G1 lately.. I still meet lots of new players.. but I think there is more action on the PS3. What do you think? I'd like to see more Japanese players.. there is like less on the 360 and they hardly want to play because of the connection bar.

@StaticFalconar said:
    " @banzairyusan: If you are going to start breaking the game by having Akuma have more health and options to hurt you, I propose everybody gets a fireball, why not, hell everybody gets a air fireball as well. Make Sagat's fireball homing and do more damage. Lets have a macro to do FADC for us so I have a reason for those two extra buttons on the side. "

We can already do that faster by having the FA on one button. ^^; then just dash twice.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Karin yes. Everything else you said no.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By banzairyusan
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Karin yes. Everything else you said no. "
    No one pays attention to Karin! Maybe she is kind of a clone to the Fei Wong -- same quick dash moves and overhead kick.. maybe that's why they didn't include her.  Adon would be nice.. in Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3 - his face turns red when he is about to die lol.. 
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was a bit of a Karin junkie back in SFA3. I like that she's one of the few SF characters that have a counter attack special, that and her dash attack mixups made her really fun to play. Seeing as how that's the only game she's ever been in (that I'm aware of) she's due for a comeback. C'mon, Capcom!

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By banzairyusan
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Yeah, I was a bit of a Karin junkie back in SFA3. I like that she's one of the few SF characters that have a counter attack special, that and her dash attack mixups made her really fun to play. Seeing as how that's the only game she's ever been in (that I'm aware of) she's due for a comeback. C'mon, Capcom! "
    YEAH!!! I wonder if Capcom reads this site? They said they read gamespot forums.. i'm sure they read shoryuken's.  This forum has more polite people than gamefaqs.. from what I've observed. Youtube is unmoderated and is the worst place to discuss things ^^;.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scooper

Fei Wong. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By banzairyusan

HAHAHAH sorry.. Fei Long! ._.v sigh!

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18  Edited By ImperiousRix

I do believe that there's a rumor that Adon is one of the new characters, but it's all just hear-say as of right now. 
    I do think new stages would be appropriate, and I think that if there are new characters there should be new stages, but everything else you said... not so much.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By banzairyusan

Yes I forgot to mention that there are not enough cultural stages. I like the rocking boat stage and the russian as well as the lava and the blanka stage.

i don't like the classic balrog stage with the cars and especially seth's stage because it lags allot online. -_-

I would like to see more innovative stages! :D

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Diamond
    @banzairyusan said:
    I would like to see..  Karin
    YES 

@banzairyusan said:
    Rolento
    YES

the rest can go stuff themselves.  If Karin and Rolento get in I'll buy it even if the other 3-5 are T. Hawk.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I think that you should win the match if you use the a button.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By vasta_narada

I feel like I'm the only one who wants Alex to return.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lordofultima
    @banzairyusan: I don't really like Tekken, I feel everyone has the same amount of health in that game because they play way too similar to eachother. give Jin air fireballs and a teleport and then you'd probably see broken.
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By banzairyusan

I think street fighter iv was the first to bring up this innovative stamina system. akuma's stamina is sort of unrealistic (his power is real) because if he was really powerful, why would he get knocked out faster and get dizzied faster?

tekken 6 is interesting too. kazuya is a powerhouse and jin also. i will be the mishimas and i can't wait to go online!

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @SpecialBuddy:
     shin akuma = God tier         
     shin akuma = God tier         
    OR

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By banzairyusan

lol nice vid! That's how Akuma should be!! More of a challenging character to play against, rather than someone who has to watch their health all the time!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By napalm
    @banzairyusan said:
    " lol nice vid! That's how Akuma should be!! More of a challenging character to play against, rather than someone who has to watch their health all the time! "
    You've obviously no mind for the rest of the cast and how the game plays as a whole.
    Avatar image for crazymexicancarpi
    crazymexicancarpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion they should leave all charaters alone (even though the amount of spamming i have sufferd by Akuma) but on sociel matches keep the same system as SSF2THDR had but with the ability to block three or four charaters because some people do fully exploit alot of moves as some charaters. 

(Would like to say sorry if there are spelling mistakes.)
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By banzairyusan
    @Napalm said:
    " @banzairyusan said:
    " lol nice vid! That's how Akuma should be!! More of a challenging character to play against, rather than someone who has to watch their health all the time! "
    You've obviously no mind for the rest of the cast and how the game plays as a whole. "
    I main Akuma all the time. He is my favorite character. :)
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By dbz1995

I think people will be happier if everybody became stronger and more to the god tier people than putting the god tier people downwards.

Akumas aerial fireball is pretty kickass, though, so I would hope it was in there.

SKULLOMANIA! GARUDA!

And also, fatalities.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By banzairyusan

I was just saying to improve Akuma a little bit (he is like a boss character) so that more people would more likely use him as you can see right now, there are more Ryu's than Akuma's because Ryu gets a free ultra in a trade of blows and also after every uppercut.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm
    @banzairyusan said:
    " I was just saying to improve Akuma a little bit (he is like a boss character) so that more people would more likely use him as you can see right now, there are more Ryu's than Akuma's because Ryu gets a free ultra in a trade of blows and also after every uppercut. "
    As we know, Akuma and Ryu are the only two characters in the game. if Capcom listened to you, we'd have the most broken fighting game ever.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Thanks for showing us your list of demands...

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By demontium
    @banzairyusan: Spoiler alert 

they are not coming
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By banzairyusan

Yeah, at least they put Adon in it, I was like yay, someone is listening to my comments. :D

I didn't see Rolento, he is Kewler than the chicken sounding, "El Fuerte." Lol. no offense but he sucks, and I love to kick his arse with Akuma and Sagat.

Sigh.. Well I like the new roster of characters and new modes.  I'd like to see some variety in costumes instead of different colors.  Also I'll probably be getting this title on the PS3 since I plan to migrate over there once FF13 releases.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RaikohBlade

Ibuki is practically confirmed everybody. I would like to have Dudley and Makoto as well. Dudley vs Balrog would be a pretty awesome match. Akuma does not need any buffs/nerfs as he is pretty balanced already. But if they are going to tweak his moves in order to stay in line with everyone else's changes, I am fine with that. Just keep him balanced like he is now. I am really looking forward to playing as Guy though. I just hope his signature combos aren't too hard to pull off, or I will have to spend a lot of time in training mode. His ultra looks really badass imo. 

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @lordofultima said:
    Not a virtua fighter then i see ...
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm
    @banzairyusan said:
    " Yeah, at least they put Adon in it, I was like yay, someone is listening to my comments. :D  I didn't see Rolento, he is Kewler than the chicken sounding, "El Fuerte." Lol. no offense but he sucks, and I love to kick his arse with Akuma and Sagat.  Sigh.. Well I like the new roster of characters and new modes.  I'd like to see some variety in costumes instead of different colors.  Also I'll probably be getting this title on the PS3 since I plan to migrate over there once FF13 releases. "
    Why do you keep stating these things over and over again? They're only adding in classic/throwback costumes. No point in running it into the ground how much you want to give Akuma polka dots on his gi.
    Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hot_Karl

@Vasta_Narada said:

" I feel like I'm the only one who wants Alex to return. "

No man, I'm totes with you. Alex would be a great character for SSFIV.

Also, Haggar should be an actual character, not just a costume for Zangief. Then after the "car" mini-game,some guy will come out and say "Oh! my car", and it'll be epic.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dan_CiTi

The only change he needs is to change his super to SA1 from SF3. The rest is fine. Heck, some of it should be nerfed. 

Here's something for ya:

Ibuki's kunai
     Ibuki's kunai
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By banzairyusan

@Napalm said:

Why do you keep stating these things over and over again? They're only adding in classic/throwback costumes. No point in running it into the ground how much you want to give Akuma polka dots on his gi. "

' cuz you are boring and have no style or knowledge about the history behind these video games. do you even know the beads around akuma and what it represents and also why he looks like he has a ribbon behind him?

seems like whenever someone posts an intellectual, well-thought out observation, critics just love to hamper about - how they don't want to see any cultural references in video games, just because it is different from theirs.  they could do so much more - but i guess their theme is that they want to bring back the traditional aspects of the game (using no new innovative costume designs or colors from the original street fighter ii on the snes).

maybe you're just the kind of guy who buys the same t-shirt and in different colors and is fine with it - there needs to be more personalization because people's character's need to be unique - as people would like the abillity to personalize their characters.

- This is my topic after all - lol
    we can settle this and I can kick your arse on the net.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lordofultima
    @banzairyusan said:

"   @Napalm said:

Why do you keep stating these things over and over again? They're only adding in classic/throwback costumes. No point in running it into the ground how much you want to give Akuma polka dots on his gi. "

' cuz you are boring and have no style or knowledge about the history behind these video games. do you even know the beads around akuma and what it represents and also why he looks like he has a ribbon behind him?

seems like whenever someone posts an intellectual, well-thought out observation, critics just love to hamper about - how they don't want to see any cultural references in video games, just because it is different from theirs.  they could do so much more - but i guess their theme is that they want to bring back the traditional aspects of the game (using no new innovative costume designs or colors from the original street fighter ii on the snes).

maybe you're just the kind of guy who buys the same t-shirt and in different colors and is fine with it - there needs to be more personalization because people's character's need to be unique - as people would like the abillity to personalize their characters.

- This is my topic after all - lol we can settle this and I can kick your arse on the net. "
    To be honest I love Akuma, and your list of changes is ill-thought out and would break the character. That is what I think everyone was saying. Despite my love for Akuma, I don't know shit about his backstory and don't care about his damn beads. Although I do know that he killed Gotetsu his former master, and took them from around his neck. But anyway. 

Street Fighter is not about character customization, it never has been. You're playing the wrong game, I think it would probably upset more people than please if they added all these bonus elements to characters costumes. Instead of romanticizing over plot and characters, you could try doing what Street Fighter wants you to do, just play the game.
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By banzairyusan
    @lordofultima said:

To be honest I love Akuma, and your list of changes is ill-thought out and would break the character. That is what I think everyone was saying. Despite my love for Akuma, I don't know shit about his backstory and don't care about his damn beads. Although I do know that he killed Gotetsu his former master, and took them from around his neck. But anyway.  Street Fighter is not about character customization, it never has been. You're playing the wrong game, I think it would probably upset more people than please if they added all these bonus elements to characters costumes. Instead of romanticizing over plot and characters, you could try doing what Street Fighter wants you to do, just play the game. "

I don't think you've ever played the Japanese masterpiece that is Tekken 6.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stang

Tekken 6 is classified as a masterpiece now? Does that mean Clayfighter 63 1/3 is a masterpiece also?

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By banzairyusan

I don't have to describe how amazing Tekken 6 already is.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By banzairyusan

and XENOSAGA III!

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang

amazing tale hermano

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lordofultima
    @banzairyusan said:
    " and XENOSAGA III! "
    I just took a poop, thanks for giving me the motivation.
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By banzairyusan

Actually I'd like to see.. 

- Them putting more moves that hit Middle to deal with crouching opponents who block since all the other moves either hit High, and if they crouch, then it will whiff, and allow them to block Low.  There is like one common middle move, F+MP for most characters, it has very little range and does shitty damage.  There needs to be something to deal with crouching characters.

- In Tekken 6, there are moves that hit multiple times and in different places, like Middle, Middle, High,  Low, Middle, Low, High, Low, Middle..  Most of them hit middle, it would be stupid to crouch. bwahahaha.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @banzairyusan said:
    " Actually I'd like to see..   - Them putting more moves that hit Middle to deal with crouching opponents who block since all the other moves either hit High, and if they crouch, then it will whiff, and allow them to block Low.  There is like one common middle move, F+MP for most characters, it has very little range and does shitty damage.  There needs to be something to deal with crouching characters.  - In Tekken 6, there are moves that hit multiple times and in different places, like Middle, Middle, High,  Low, Middle, Low, High, Low, Middle..  Most of them hit middle, it would be stupid to crouch. bwahahaha. "
    But Tekken 6 sucks for that very reason, dont bring that crap to SF

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.