Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

I'm Terrible

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

at Street Fighter.  Honestly, I'm not sure why I keep buying fighting games other than Tekken and Mortal Kombat.  I'm just really bad.  For the most part though, I enjoy playing it.  I'm not expecting to be good, nor am I expecting to be able to compete online.  I guess I just like the challenge even though it can get pretty frustrating sometimes.  

Anyone else have any games that they really like, but completely suck at?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sopranosfan

I have sucked at fighter since they came out.  My strategy when I first started them back in the 90s was to spam the opponent with projectile attacks and hope he couldn't get close. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

I feel the same way about Street Fighter. I really like it but I'm so bad that I don't know if it's worth buying Super Street Fighter IV.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Adventure games. I like them but I'm pretty thick so I tend to resort to pixel hunting or using items on everything. I blame King's Quest 6 for that habit.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

How can Bret "The Hitman" Hart be bad at anything with the word fighter in it?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

You just have to devote yourself to getting good.  Trying to get better at this stuff is a commitment.  If you're not up for an extremely steep learning curve, you should stay far, far away from playing these games online.
    Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Dysnomia

Same, I don't play Street Fighter anymore because getting your ass kicked by everyone at SF stops being fun after a while...

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Feser

@Marino:
    RTSs. I can't play them. Out of curiousity what is your favorite genre?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64
    @Shadow said:
    " You just have to devote yourself to getting good.  Trying to get better at this stuff is a commitment.  If you're not up for an extremely steep learning curve, you should stay far, far away from playing these games online. "
    I have to agree with this.  You can have all the basics down pat and do decent, but if you want to get better, you have to put in some time into it.

If you can play with some friends around your skill level, do that.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By napalm

Cool story, bro.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Milkman
    @Feser said:
    "

@Marino:
    Out of curiousity what is your favorite genre?

"
    Don't you mean "I want this quest so please reply to this post"?
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#12  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @Feser: I don't know for sure.  It's a tough call since I play a little bit of everything.  Just saying "third-person action games" seems so vague at this point.  But I guess that's the best possible answer.  Fable II was my favorite game of 2008.  Uncharted in 2009.  And Mass Effect 2 so far this year.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @JJOR64 said:

" @Shadow said:

" You just have to devote yourself to getting good.  Trying to get better at this stuff is a commitment.  If you're not up for an extremely steep learning curve, you should stay far, far away from playing these games online. "
    I have to agree with this.  You can have all the basics down pat and do decent, but if you want to get better, you have to put in some time into it.  If you can play with some friends around your skill level, do that. "
    I agree with this also, you just need to be patient and devoted to actually challenging yourself to improve and be better at the game.  I suck at SF4 but I just kept challenging the good ones online and I watched videos on how to link combos.  I'm not the best out there, but I got somewhat better than the first time I played SF4 hehe!

It's also fun to actually see yourself improve and eventually, you get to beat the crap out of the good ones or at least give them an epic match hehe!
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yakov456

I'm right with you bro, I bought ssf4 knowing I would be getting my ass kicked and I certainly have. But practicing and playing a lot pays off a little bit eventually. If anything, sucking makes that one match out of ten you win even that much better, believe me I know!

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Sarumarine

I didn't originally like fighting games until my roommate got me into them. Most of the fun is just getting into the thick of it and screwing around. Sometimes hilarious and/or awesome stuff takes place and that makes it worth it. I bought Super Street Fighter IV so I have the opportunity to make that happen. And if things on Thursday go well that should be great. Of course, there's always the chance of improvement as you play and that's not bad either.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fragor87

I'm definitely in the same boat here.  I first purchased Street Fighter IV and kept getting my butt whooped.  I got so frustrated I swore I would get rid of the game and never think of Street Fighter again.  A few days later I purchased a fight stick LOL!  And here I am getting my butt whooped in SSFIV but totally loving the new MP modes and replays and the new characters (especially Cody).

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#17  Edited By Soap
    @fragor87 said:
    " I'm definitely in the same boat here.  I first purchased Street Fighter IV and kept getting my butt whooped.  I got so frustrated I swore I would get rid of the game and never think of Street Fighter again.  A few days later I purchased a fight stick LOL!  And here I am getting my butt whooped in SSFIV but totally loving the new MP modes and replays and the new characters (especially Cody). "
    I actually did the same thing, a fighting stick must make me play better right.... right!?

well... apparently not.

I've got SSFIV atm, but have been to busy and also to pussy to put it in the machine and get my ass handed to me once more.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Renahzor

Its all relative!  I still suck terrible at mirror matches, and certain matchups even after a lot of play time.  I don't put in enough time to really "level up" past the next hump, but its fun regardless of not wanting to get "that" into it.  

I also suck at most competitive RTS games, except I was decent at company of heroes, I still enjoy them though.  Im not good at FPS games, and tend to avoid them, but I enjoy the ones I do play!  :)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwho

I want to be the guy who mains Hakan, I really do, but Im sooooo bad.

DM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DM

Stealth games I don't got the patience to hide n wait.Got mgs3 and never beat it.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Cwaff

I am terrible at RTS's and fighting games, especially Street Fighter.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By turbomonkey138

Join the club . Guile scrubs UNITE !

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Marino said:
    " at Street Fighter.  Honestly, I'm not sure why I keep buying fighting games other than Tekken and Mortal Kombat.  I'm just really bad.  For the most part though, I enjoy playing it.  I'm not expecting to be good, nor am I expecting to be able to compete online.  I guess I just like the challenge even though it can get pretty frustrating sometimes.   Anyone else have any games that they really like, but completely suck at? "
    Which system? 
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By mazik765

I am with you. I love a lot of fighting games but I can not play online without getting owned so incredibly hard. I'm the same way with most RTS's

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 617_jbug

I have no patience for stealth games.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
    MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MercuryCrusader

I'm much better at SNK fighting games than I am at Capcom fighting games. It's a bit odd.
    Coleslaw893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By Coleslaw893

I really like fighting games, but I suck at pretty much all of them...

I also tend to suck at Splinter Cell and Halo multiplayer.

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Necrotrophic

you dont really have to work very hard to win at Street Fighter, at least in the bottom when you first start out. Just learn what zoning means, and in 5 minutes you will be able to beat a lot of the people at the bottom of ranked mode. as you get tougher competition youll naturally pick up on other things.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course you are, you just started

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I bought BlazBlue at $60, played through Arcade with every character. Played Online exactly 5 times. 

I no longer own BlazBlue. 

That is not the only example.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#31  Edited By the8bitNacho

I'm bad at fighting games in general, which is pretty much the only reason I skipped over Street Fighter IV.  Since watching TNT on Thursday night, I've been having to violently resist the powerful urge to buy it.  The forty dollar price tag beckons me to spend money I don't have on a game I'll play for a half-hour before getting pissed and cramming it onto my shelf for the rest of time.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jasonofindy

I loved Street Fighter 2 in the arcade and I enjoyed watching the TNT.  However, I have so far been able to resist the urge to buy the game because so far it seems that nobody has anything good to say about the matchmaking.  If the game had a decent skill-based matchmaking system, I'd take the plunge.  Over the past six or seven years I've played Halo 2 or 3 online about ten times total.  (Usually with months or even a year or two in between sessions.)  However, those sessions have still been great fun because the matchmaking works really, really well.  Every now and then it is clear that there is a player in the match that has somehow deleveled or is a vet playing with a new tag, but for the most part the games are full of people of very similar skill level and end up being fun even if it isn't my favorite game.   If street fighter 4 could do half as good of job at matching me with similarly skilled players then I'd be all over it.   

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nail1080
    @Marino said:
      I guess I just like the challenge even though it can get pretty frustrating sometimes.   Anyone else have any games that they really like, but completely suck at? "
    nope
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm exactly like you.  I LOVE the concept of Street Fighter, but I have no one to compete with IRL, and playing online I just get murdered, so I can't get better and it's too rage inducing to play more than 30 minutes or an hour.

Edit:  RTSs as well.  I love the concept, and love to play them, but I always get murdered.  Though I have gotten alright at the SC2 beta and plan on buying the full game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.