Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Just Super Street Fighter IV...no arcade edition.

BeserkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BeserkGamer

I feel like SSFIV-3D should have arcade edition in it. That way people could use it for portable practice so that when the DLC comes out everybody is on the same page. It would be nice to have so that people won't have to juggle between the ae version of a character and the super version.     

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

Yeah but Capcom like being dicks.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Plasma

Yeah I thought it was weird its just SSFIV not Arcade edition. Although that would mean the 3DS got Arcade edition before home consoles haha

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

Eh, I don't think there's crossover at all.

BeserkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By BeserkGamer
    @lordofultima: ???
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Necrotrophic

im not too upset about it. its not like you can use your stick/whatever with it 

this kind of thing is to be expected on handhelds for fighters.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @BeserkGamer said:
    " I feel like SSFIV-3D should have arcade edition in it. That way people could use it for portable practice so that when the DLC comes out everybody is on the same page. It would be nice to have so that people won't have to juggle between the ae version of a character and the super version.      "
    Other than the whole arcade scene and console players without an arcade nearby, the 3DS is a non-factor when it comes to AE versus Console Super... 

Exactly what sort of thing could you practice? Using your stylus for clicking on a combo? The 3DS control scheme doesn't look like it would transfer well to my arcade stick. It's cool to have street fighter in a portable form don't get me wrong, hell I thought the iPhone Street Fighter IV was neat, but trying to bring up consistency so players aren't juggling when it comes to the 3DS version is a fallacy.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @BeserkGamer said:

" @lordofultima: ??? "

I don't think people are going to practice their ssf4 combos on the ds version. it's going to run different, probably won't be frame perfect, control scheme leaves something to be desired, and you can even just touch the special move on the bottom screen to perform it. It's not targeting the SSFIV player IMO. Can't exactly plug in an arcade stick either...so even if some tourney players play it, it would be for shits and giggles.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sfighter21

For sh!t??  I don't get it.  Why would anyone do anything for sh!t????

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " @BeserkGamer said:

I don't think people are going to practice their ssf4 combos on the ds version. it's going to run different, probably won't be frame perfect, control scheme leaves something to be desired, and you can even just touch the special move on the bottom screen to perform it. It's not targeting the SSFIV player IMO. Can't exactly plug in an arcade stick either...so even if some tourney players play it, it would be for shits and giggles. "
    I bet you someone's gonna make a mini stick for the 3DS.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @BeserkGamer said:

I don't think people are going to practice their ssf4 combos on the ds version. it's going to run different, probably won't be frame perfect, control scheme leaves something to be desired, and you can even just touch the special move on the bottom screen to perform it. It's not targeting the SSFIV player IMO. Can't exactly plug in an arcade stick either...so even if some tourney players play it, it would be for shits and giggles. "
    I bet you someone's gonna make a mini stick for the 3DS. "
    If it's key chain size, I'm gonna buy a key chain for it too
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpecialBuddy

There are a ton of reasons why they didnt and wont do that. Most involve money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.