Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

My first few hour with Super Street Fighter IV

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By pepsipat1

I cant imagine how much time I and only one of my friends(everyone else thought it sucked for some reason) put into Street Fighter IV. Even when my one friend quit,due to the overwhelming number of kens online, I continued to play the game. Then Super Street Fighter IV comes along and has all the features the first one should've had atleast in terms of online play.  
           I first went into the arcade mode to try out one of the new characters. I started with Cody. I was able to beat the arcade mode without losing once, even against seth(who is still a annoying as fuck character who should have been taken out completely.). I then tryed Juri, Guy, Ryu, and Goukens arcade modes. Juri is a interesting new character. She's more of a offensive character with all those pin wheel, aerial dives and fireballs. She freakin fast. It was hard to get a handle on how she played at first. 
         After messing around with the arcade and bonus stages I decided to hop online. I first fought some one who used hakan and whipped his ass. If only the replay feature could upload videos to youtube then it would be awesome. Then I fought like 10 kens in row and decided maybe it time to throw in the towel. I then noticed that there was a same skill filter on the online options. Well I went insane after that playing against people around my skill level. Even after I lost it felt like they were all rather fair fights. 
       Super Street Fighter IV fucking rocks. It's that simple. Sagat is now easy to fight which is awesome. Seth is still a pain in my fucking ass and Ibuki and Ken definately need some nerfing, but it's still a fucking amazing game.
    pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pepsipat1

I cant imagine how much time I and only one of my friends(everyone else thought it sucked for some reason) put into Street Fighter IV. Even when my one friend quit,due to the overwhelming number of kens online, I continued to play the game. Then Super Street Fighter IV comes along and has all the features the first one should've had atleast in terms of online play.  
           I first went into the arcade mode to try out one of the new characters. I started with Cody. I was able to beat the arcade mode without losing once, even against seth(who is still a annoying as fuck character who should have been taken out completely.). I then tryed Juri, Guy, Ryu, and Goukens arcade modes. Juri is a interesting new character. She's more of a offensive character with all those pin wheel, aerial dives and fireballs. She freakin fast. It was hard to get a handle on how she played at first. 
         After messing around with the arcade and bonus stages I decided to hop online. I first fought some one who used hakan and whipped his ass. If only the replay feature could upload videos to youtube then it would be awesome. Then I fought like 10 kens in row and decided maybe it time to throw in the towel. I then noticed that there was a same skill filter on the online options. Well I went insane after that playing against people around my skill level. Even after I lost it felt like they were all rather fair fights. 
       Super Street Fighter IV fucking rocks. It's that simple. Sagat is now easy to fight which is awesome. Seth is still a pain in my fucking ass and Ibuki and Ken definately need some nerfing, but it's still a fucking amazing game.
    Pageboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pageboy

Thanks for the post. 
    I didn't realise there was a same skill filter in the online options, I might win a couple now.
    Only got the game a few hours ago. Tried playing a few characters in arcade mode think its time to take Ibuki online!

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Yea, as soon as I found the Same Skill filter in the Custom Game menu I started having a blast.  Be sure to try Endless Battle and Team Battle if you've got some friends.  Those modes are still fun just playing with random people as long as you don't mind the smack talk.  Find games is still a pain in the ass.  "Unable to Join Session!" Argh!  Juri is who I've been playing the most with and she is certainly an offensive character.  She can zone a little with her Senpusha fireball but I guarantee you if you let anyone rush YOU down your already losing.  She has not ability to get someone away from her.  A Zangief will destroy you everytime and there is little you can do besides zone and dive kick the lariat (which will NEVER do the full three kicks for some reason).  

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pepsipat1
    @Zombieheadbutt:
    I hate the damn online connectvity problems. I should of mentioned it but I thought everyone new about it so it would be like common knowledge.
    Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Aljosa15

Agree with everything. Cody and Juri are my new subs in Super. The game is really fucking amazing.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    @PepsiPat said:
    " @Zombieheadbutt: I hate the damn online connectvity problems. I should of mentioned it but I thought everyone new about it so it would be like common knowledge. "
    It is a bummer that the "No Game Available" or whatever bullshit still happens, but at least it doesn't keep that users name on the list like it did in SFIV.  At least the netcode has been improved so that's good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.