Official Live Streams Thread

#1 Edited by lordofultima (6236 posts) -

Know of a Super Street Fighter IV live stream that's happening in the near future or perhaps right now? Post up the link here and the time information! Embedding the actual streams are not allowed, so keep in mind that those posts will be deleted when posting in this thread. 

Capcom Fight Club 

• Friday, April 23rd
  • 8PM - 12 Midnight (pdt?)
  • Casitas Studios, 3229 W Castias, Glendale, CA
  • Stream Link

In case you don't already know the first real official SSFIV get together is happening tonite. Top Japan player Daigo Umehara and Top US player Justin Wong are going to be there so expect so really good fighting!

Hey folks! As promised here are all the details for Fridays' public Super Street Fighter Fight Club event! As s-kill warned, you might want to wear something that you don't mind getting trashed and/or dirty (Perhaps everyone's getting oiled up?). In addition, we're going to have very special guests in the house, including super producer Ono-san and some of the voice actors for Super Street Fighter IV!

Oh yeah, did I mention that Japanese SF champion Daigo Umehara will be there?As will US SF champion Justin Wong....could a rematch be possible? Guess you'll have to come to Fight Club and see! On THAT note, if for some reason you can't make it to the most awesome event in town on Friday, we'll be livestreaming the event over on our Capcom Unity ustream channel.

The pros at Level Up Series (headed by Alex Valle) will be handling broadcasting, so you can be sure there will be high quality streaming and footage as they're the  best at what they do! There will also be live art and music, plus the chance to talk and hang out with Seth Killian himself! Finally, be sure to carpool as parking may be a problem! There's currently a thread going on here in the forums just for that.

Everyone: you are now cleared to GET HYPE.

#2 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

OMG HYPE

#3 Posted by Wes899 (2108 posts) -

Is that hype in your pocket or are you just... nevermind.

#4 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Wes899 said:
" Is that hype in your pocket or are you just... nevermind. "
No keep going
#5 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

It's starting at like 4am GMT so I'm gunna have to watch the rerun on saturday morning. I'm not that bummed out, though. I can skip the dull parts.

#6 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Nice! I am far too hung over to play the game, may as well watch the pro's do what they do best.

#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" It's starting at like 4am GMT so I'm gunna have to watch the rerun on saturday morning. I'm not that bummed out, though. I can skip the dull parts. "
And here I am at 4:12am watchign the stream live. I'm a fucking idiot. The stream's super hot though. People aren't messing about.
#8 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Daigo using Ken is a beautiful thing. He even used my color! Great minds think a like :)

#9 Edited by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

SEE 
SEE 
EVERYONE IS WRONG SETH SAID THEY FIXED GUILE AND THEY DID. 

YOU'RE ALL RETARDED. 

#10 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
"   YOUR ALL RETARDED.  "
Yes your are. 

Anybody who has been paying attention knew Guile was going to be a beast. His fireball game is fucking amazing, links are easier.....he is what he should have been in IV. Napalm has no reasons to bitch any more, that is for sure.
#11 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
"   YOUR ALL RETARDED.  "
Yes your are.   Anybody who has been paying attention knew Guile was going to be a beast. His fireball game is fucking amazing, links are easier.....he is what he should have been in IV. Napalm has no reasons to bitch any more, that is for sure. "
He'll find a reason.
#12 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Daigo made a lot of Guiles out there happy, and it was nice seeing him switch around with chars 

Okay, that was a nice diversion now back to the teamsp00ky stream for the next 6 hours
#13 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

Wow, what an ending! Only seen some of the justin warmup matches and the main event. Seeing Daigo pick Guile was quite a surprise, I wonder if hes gonna switch to him permanently...

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

Epic stuff was epic.  I want it to be fucking Tuesday already.  I might end up robbing a GameStop so I can play Super right now.

#15 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Daigo Vs Justin Wong.  

Guile Vs Rufus best out of 5 

Result: 2-2-1 That's right, not only did it go down to the last game, the last game was a draw.  

Well I'm certainly glad, since all in one night, all the stupid cry babies of teh Sf4 community gets proven wrong in one night.  

• Guile is good so FADC glasses yourselfs
  • Daigo does indeed play someone other than Ryu and can still win so STFU Daigo haters
  • Dudley while strong and has many ways to combo into his ultra is about the same level as Rufus (another character that has many ways to combo into his ultra), and nobody said Rufus was god tier in Sf4, so Neither will dudley. 

Woo, GET HYPE!!!!!!
#16 Edited by lordofultima (6236 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: Still doesn't solve the: 

• Daigo wasn't playing his main / the match was staged / he hasn't been playing the game long enough Daigo Fanboy shit.

Also, I think Rufus WAS god tier in SF4. So there.
#17 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -
@lordofultima: How staged was it really tho? They changed enough about Ryu that Daigo might be looking for a new main character... Dunno about Guile but he seemed to handle himself pretty well with him.
#18 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@lordofultima: Oh, it was just an exhibition anyway since a real tournament would have replayed that draw game (and yes a part of me did say the ending was too good to be true),  

Even though Rufus was pretty hack in SF4 (if he's rushing you down, just FN pray), he wasn't as hack as Sagat was (any fucking where on the screen Sagat is always a threat). Just good old game basics of zoning out Rufus as was just shown by Daigo keeps him from being god tier, as god tier kinda insist that the character is to broken, you could go on auto pilot once you get your gameplan down because it will always win. 
#19 Posted by lordofultima (6236 posts) -
@Swaboo: Impossible to stage a match like that, that's what I was getting at. Daigo fanboys like to say things like this when he ever gets close to doing anything but dominating his opponent.
#20 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

That was an impressive ending match. I was there with VinceNotVance. I'll probably upload some pictures soon.

#21 Edited by MrJared (398 posts) -

There is no conspiracy behind an exhibition match between two players who were clearly not playing very seriously. This isn't professional wrestling. It's not like these two were putting on some kind of program to promote a tournament that won't happen for 3 months. 

Justin wasn't using Ultra II (Not that I know, but he could have been wanting to keep information under wraps since it eats projectile characters for free), Daigo was using GUILE ... something we haven't seen since ST ... between all the botched dive kicks and the super obvious, non-canceled wake-ups, they were clearly just dicking around.

Sure, Justin could have done EX Messiah right through Guile's Ultra, but maybe he wasn't confident it would still work the same? Either way, crossing-up Guile in the corner is a smart play regardless of what the situation is because he has no answer for it. A decent cross-up stuffing Guile's Ultra is about 50-50.

I don't typically agree with the players from the East Coast, but seriously, I gotta put the Daigo fans on blast here. Back in the day, most US players wanted nothing more than to see one of our own take down the reigning champs. I don't know about you guys, but I got sick of seeing a handful of Japanese players come to EVO and sweep it for free years ago. I want to see US players taken seriously and with SSF4 everyone is finally on a level playing field. Just because you don't like Justin Wong it doesn't mean you have to completely discredit him every time he comes close to besting the golden idol. This is the same thing that happened at EVO'09. Justin was standing toe-to-toe with Daigo, came back from a full set and came incredibly close to taking home the win. What did I hear when I came back from Vegas? Yoshinori Ono told Daigo to sandbag Justin in order to make finals "more exciting."

It's ridiculous, not to mention, nigh-impossible to setup something like tonight. Enjoy the hype. There is no wizard behind the curtain.

#22 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@MrJared: Even tho they were dicking around, it was still fun to watch and the ending was too good. I just liked seeing the new "Guile" in action, and there was still a lot of smart play by both players.
#23 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

The stream was working fine for me until the 2nd half of the final round.   
Had to watch the end on youtube.  Wasn't quite the same.
#24 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Wow, I could not believe that ending. 
That was extremely entertaining to watch, between things like Justin's Perfect and that weird Spinning Backfist of Guile's that pushed Justin back into the Sonic Boom for the KO, there was just a ridiculous amount of... ridiculousness going on.  I don't buy any of that conspiracy stuff. 
And on a second note, I did love the "fun" matches beforehand, too (especially with Seth Killian's commentary), although I was sad to see Daigo lose with Hakan. T_T

#25 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I so hope Daigo mains or at least plays DeeJay as secondary. It was really entertaining to watch.

Actualy. Scratch that. I don't want to see everyone play as DeeJay online.

#26 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I thought it was staged, but that is damn near impossible to prove. Who gives a fuck though, it was absolutely amazing to watch.

#27 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" I so hope Daigo mains or at least plays DeeJay as secondary. It was really entertaining to watch. Actualy. Scratch that. I don't want to see everyone play as DeeJay online. "
Deejay looked cool.
#28 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" Well you are completely right, but I don't think the people here need to hear that speech ;)  I really don't know what Justin has done to deserve this kind of stuff all the time. "
Consistently win just about every major tournament in america for the past decade no matter what the fighting game was, thats why he deserves it. 
#29 Posted by lordofultima (6236 posts) -

Back on topic anyway, final match was hype! And so was the one where he trapped him with a fierce and pushed Rufus into the sonic boom that was traveling behind him.

#30 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@mnzy said:

" @StaticFalconar said:

" @mnzy said:
" Well you are completely right, but I don't think the people here need to hear that speech ;)  I really don't know what Justin has done to deserve this kind of stuff all the time. "
Consistently win just about every major tournament in america for the past decade no matter what the fighting game was, thats why he deserves it.  "
That's why he deserves the hatred? So what other sportsman do people insult if he enters the pitch? "
Oh, I thought the question was why did he deserve to play Daigo to finish off the night.  

EDIT: What kind of brain problem do you have if you think anyone deserves to be hated?
#31 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
@lordofultima: Do you think Guile's Light sonic boom has less recovery? 

It looks like you can jump right after. 

Also, idk if that was staged. And even if it was, it was still awesome.
#32 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
#33 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
#35 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
#36 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

" http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leveluplive "

so, moving my original comment.  I really was more intersted in reaction to the play than in just posting a link.  So ok here you go. 

Did anyone see the championships yesterday?  They are being streamed by levelup and the event is sponsored by Mdacatz, I caught a bunch of it yesterday and it looked awesome (they had a mystery tournament featuring Powerstone 2) also all the commentators were hilarious.  Of note was both the Championship between old school Alex Valle and  floe.  Important was all the crazy mixups floe already had with juri including a couple of really interesting uses of the feng shui engine custom.  AND there was a literally unbelievable "pad warrior" Wolf Krome, young kid from who tore it up with c.viper (worth watching on youtube or levelup.)

Its still going today, at some point later central time.  Team tournaments, CvS2, more super Marvel etc.  

here is the link.   
 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leveluplive  

ALSO awesome was the HDremix final where some guy in his second tournament EVER beat Alex Valle out of the loser's bracket (meaning he had to win more than Valle to actually win, and did so in a ryu v ryu mirror match, again on a gamepad.)

Anyway I think these guys are doing a great job, it again brings to my mind how much more marketable fighting games should be as an esport, as opposed to shooters or RTS's etc.
#37 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@RenMcKormack: Yeah I saw some of it, good quality stream.
#38 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -
#39 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

SSF4 3 on 3 coming up

#40 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Saw the SSFIV singles tourney yesterday, and just the finals of the team tourney today. Great stream overall. Wolfkrone is hilarious, you guys gotta watch him during the team tourney playing "chairsies".

#41 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -

May 29-30, Memorial Day Weekend.. the return of the ZOMG BEST STREAM EVER, Super NorCal Regionals!

If you live in California, be there. If not, be a stream monster! We're going to have a lot of surprises for finals and of course, the best commentary and presentation around.
#42 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@MrJared: I'll watch me some of that.
#43 Edited by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@MrJared: Can you confirm or deny drunken Magus commentary?
#44 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@MrJared: Play Jackie Chan.
#45 Posted by Killroycantkill (1401 posts) -

Shadow Brook NorCal live Stream is up.

Link

#46 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -
@Jeffsekai:  It'll be cleaner than Keystone for sure, but yes, Magus and Darry will be on the mic a lot that weekend a long with plenty of others. We'll have teams rotating throughout Saturday, then game-specific experts all through finals.
#47 Posted by lordofultima (6236 posts) -
@MrJared: Never heard of it. It's no Midwest Championships, AMIRITE?!
#48 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @MrJared: Never heard of it. It's no Midwest Championships, AMIRITE?! "
Yo Midwest was legit, Canada was there.
#49 Posted by lordofultima (6236 posts) -
#50 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Eastcoast Throwdown 

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fadc/ "
Hmmm... I could do with some SSFIV after a couple days break. I like FADC streams, too. Always seems to be higher quality matches then alot of others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.