Official Match Videos Thread

#851 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @mubress: Good stuff. Pretty awesome execution on both your parts. Sagat's kara-srk was pretty badass. Nice to see you rocking ken, too. "
I recently played with a bunch of characters so I could get the C rank achievement, but when I reached C with Ken I just kept playing with him. I'd forgot how fun he can be.

And yeah, kara srk beats all!! ;)
#852 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@mubress: Same, man. Since I forgot my SSF4 disc, I've been playing a lot of vanilla. Felt like playing Ken since that's who I mained back then. He is totally wild: FTK is such a tricky little tool.  

Can't wait for those AE changes. Links from cr.mp for days.
#853 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Highlights from some casual Vanilla SFIV games with VicRattlehead. That games still good! 

#854 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@mubress: it was fun... i love dans backdash animation.... its so funny 

go get super ;p
#855 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Man I've kinda stopped playing street fighter. But i love the giantbomb Street fighter community :D used to do those endless fights every night :3 

#856 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@VicRattlehead: I think our match shows how great Dan is in the right hands ;) ggs! 

@turbomonkey138 said:
" Man I've kinda stopped playing street fighter. But i love the giantbomb Street fighter community :D used to do those endless fights every night :3  "
That's my main beef with MvC3 right now (in addition to getting my ass whipped) lobbys just seem pointless when you can't watch the other guys fight. I know you couldn't in vanilla SFIV but once they put it in in Super it's just crazy not to add it in Marvel. I guess it must be harder than you'd think?
#857 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -
@mubress:   It is crazy for Capcom don't to include a spectator made.  Keep in mind though, the MvC 3 team and the SSFIV team are different.
#858 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@JJOR64: Yeah it's a real shame the SFIV team couldn't pass on what they'd learnt, so many little problems with Marvel that could easily have been resolved :( 
#859 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -
@mubress:   Welcome to Japanese game development.   :/
#860 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

This seems like some kind of confirmation to the DLC thing. 
#861 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

Watching this is just painful. I feel for the gief player:

#862 Posted by Amp (48 posts) -

I decided that since AE PC is out, I'd bust out fraps and be an attention whore. Embedded my playlist, as is, in YouTube.

Apparently I also ran into JJOR64 in Ranked.

#863 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Amp: Good stuff. I like the mod on the last stage, not sure I'd want to play on it myself but it was cool to watch ;)

We need to get more matches in this thread. I'll try and post some of mine when I have time.
#864 Posted by Amp (48 posts) -

@mubress: It's not a mod.

Go into "Graphical Settings" and turn "Stage Detail" to Low.

#865 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Amp: I don't have AE on PC but thanks anyway.
#866 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -
@mubress
What happend with that GB players highlight video. Are you still doing that?
#867 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@thegoldencat7 said:
@mubress: What happend with that GB players highlight video. Are you still doing that?
I don't have the time to get it going, plus there wasn't that much interest when I made the thread. Might just do some "best of" videos for some of the regular players on the forums but again that depends on getting the replays and everything which can be a pain. I can record in HD now though which might encourage more people to get involved.
#868 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -
@mubress
Ah right, fair enough. 
A 'best of' video for me would last about 18 seconds.
#869 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: Rofl, the good thing about highlights videos is that you can make almost anyone look good ;)
#870 Edited by mubress (1517 posts) -

I'm trying to improve with Fei Long, here's a few games against a good Akuma player. Links to the start of each game are in the video description.

#871 Posted by OlehBubalehWTM (6 posts) -

Hi all ! I play this game for 4 days and decided to make a channel on YouTube with some fun battles. I'm just a beginner so do not be so strict =)   If u like it see more on my channel !

#872 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@OlehBubalehWTM: You have over 4000bp with Ken and you've only been playing 4 days?! Man this game must be easier than I thought.

If I can make a suggestion the music is a bit overpowering, not saying you have to get rid of it but personally I like to hear the game sounds etc. Good stuff anyway :)
#873 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

@OlehBubalehWTM: Jesus man, I have been playing various shoto characters for about 100 hours now and I only have 1500 something BP with Ken.

I must be really bad at this game.

#874 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Very good Juri player. Links to the start of each match are in the youtube description.

#875 Posted by Amp (48 posts) -

Went to the DFW Bar Fights 5 tournament in Dallas yesterday. Went 3-2 overall, which I could not be more stoked about, since every other Bar Fights I've been to I went 0-2. And DFW_Jay was there to be awesome and record whatever matches he could, and caught two of mine.

#876 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Amp: Good stuff, nice Guy play :)
#877 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Watch until the end of this match and you'll get a SUPER reward!!!............................ It was the first time I hit that combo in a match ;)

#878 Posted by Baillie (4180 posts) -

@mubress: Yo, if you want some help making that best of GB video, I'm your man, I love making some good videos.

#879 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@mubress: Yo, if you want some help making that best of GB video, I'm your man, I love making some good videos.

The reception from people here on the forums wasn't that strong and a community video relies on people contributing stuff so I gave up on the idea.

Might try and resurrect it when the 2012 update comes out and I'd certainly appreciate any help, thanks for the offer :)

#880 Posted by Baillie (4180 posts) -

@mubress: Well, maybe we could set up a topic asking people to sign up if they want to be included into the montage, doing so we will add them to our watch list/replay channel. Then they can just save the videos they enjoy and we cap them? If that sounds like too much effort for you, I don't mind picking up the hard graft, I ain't got much better to do.

Keep me posted, bro.

#881 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@Baillie: Started a thread a while ago in which I mention that I would be able to record, but maybe I didn't make it obvious enough. There were a few of the PS3 crowd interested but I can't record from PS3 so unless you can do that maybe we should try it on 360 only?

The reason I made the topic was because I wanted to see the GB forum players represented, I don't mind who makes the video so long as it gets made :) Feel free to resurrect the thread if you want to see if people are still interested, or maybe just start fresh, might make things easier.

#882 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I'm a big fan of how this played out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.