Official PS3 SSF4 Community Thread

#1 Edited by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

Because the Official Matchmaking Thread has kind of died, I found it my civic duty to create a thread for PS3 newcomers to hook up with the rest of us.

Purpose of this thread:

This thread is meant for the PS3 community to discuss everything that's relevant to playing SSF on PSN.

The thread can be used to organise matches with other players, organise Endless Lobbies or even feel the waters for a new tournament.

The main purpose, however, is to get more people aware of the solid community we have built in these past few months.

To anyone who wants to join our group on the PLAYSTATION 3:

We play endless mode every evening (GMT) with a mix of US and European players. There are about 20 of us and always at least 5 to 6 people on. We're the same folk who enter and organize the PS3 tournaments.

Skill-level is all over the place, so don't hesitate to join if you think you will get your ass handed to you. We all had to learn at one point, and most of us still are.

When and where?

Do not worry about your timezone, both the US and Europe are heavily represented. That being said, the busiest hours are between 18:00-01:00 GMT

The PS3 community gathers in a text chat called Legit Text Chat and usually Endless Lobbies form based on this chat

If you want into the Legit Text Chat, add these people and they will set you up.

This list is mainly meant for listing the active users who are already active in the PS3 community.

This isn't going to be like the match-making thread with 200 people you'll never see online. The list constructed here will be your guide to joining us on the PS3.

PSN name- Giant Bomb name - Location

I have removed myself from this list since I'm not active anymore on PSN. I can't vouch for the updatedityness of this list.

PSNGiant BombLocation
KillroycantkillKillroycantkillCanada
GetEveryoneGetEveryoneUK
VicRattleheadVicRattleheadUK
J_Las_VegasJ_Las_VegasUK
ljgpliskin92ljgpliskin92US
ogaitnas_njlilbigsupermarioUS
HasibdDBZ1995UK
SirOptimusPrimeSirOptimusPrimeUS (PA)
DudegloveDudegloveRussia
DonvaroneDarkvareMexico
PesshPesshUK
JJOR64JJOR64US (Nebraska)
#2 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

good idea dude... i havent played in a while but i shall be back once my half life 2 binge is over yay

#3 Posted by ljgpliskin92 (173 posts) -

could you add me up there gosu?
ljgpliskin92 - ljgpliskin92 - US

Thanks!

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I'll add some of you broskis, my PSN is Jack268 and I'm from Sweden.

#5 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@VicRattlehead: Half Life 2 is probably the only game I would tolerate anyone to pick over SSF4. That and Freespace 2.
Rise and Shine, Mr. Vicrattlehead. Rise and smell the saltiness.

Hope to see you active again soon, do you still play Balrog? I've dropped T.Hawk in favor of Ryu and Rose since you left.
#6 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -
@gosukiller:  yeh when i start again ill prob stick with balrog.. played ranked the other day with him and hadnt a clue what i was doing so i guess ill go back to where it started....

been messing around with dudley and a few others in training so might start trying them out
#7 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Good stuff. It's good to have a list of active players for once. The other ones that have people who haven't played the game in months are completely stagnant.

#8 Posted by V (328 posts) -

Hey, I wouldn't mind joining... I'm not Too great, but I would love to play some more and find who I want to get good with with you guys. My PSN is Trohet and I am from Oregon...

#9 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Yu Gi Oh! is a legit reason to drop SF. As is SCII and going back to Batman. Then there's the GBA Metroid games...oh, and the Prime trilogy. I never actually fiished MGS3 now that I think about it. Oh, and... ad infinitum

Also: Awesome Thread, yo. Its like the "Legit Room", but in GB.

#10 Posted by newmarcom (297 posts) -

Feel free to add me to the directory

PSN ID: Marukon

#11 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" Yu Gi Oh! is a legit reason to drop SF. As is SCII and going back to Batman. Then there's the GBA Metroid games...oh, and the Prime trilogy. I never actually fiished MGS3 now that I think about it. Oh, and... ad infinitum  Also: Awesome Thread, yo. Its like the "Legit Room", but in GB. "

A childrens cardgame more important than SF?! That must be some lie to trick me, I won't fall for any of your trap cards.
#12 Edited by darkvare (780 posts) -

damn i wish ssf4 had mexican flags also anyone owns brutal legend i wanna play multiplayer :)

#13 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

I'll be making a lobby now if anybody wants in.

#14 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@darkvare said:
" damn i wish ssf4 had mexican flags "
Funny thing is that 2, that's right, TWO! characters have the mexican flag displayed. Might be a bug that it doesn't display your flag, darkvare?
#15 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

This shit best be stickied. Good idea on making this thread.

#16 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" I'll be making a lobby now if anybody wants in. "
meh your friends list is full broski
#17 Posted by darkvare (780 posts) -
@gosukiller: i doubt it i mean every mexican user has the same issue also i met people from brazil who also lack a flag
#18 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

PSfree players suck. 

@gosukiller: Might be a good idea to indicate which is their GB username and which is their PSN.

#19 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" PSfree players suck. 

@gosukiller: Might be a good idea to indicate which is their GB username and which is their PSN. "
It's in the paragraph-title, but I might make it more clear if people have trouble with it.
#20 Posted by B_Double (17 posts) -

This sounds awesome, can you put me on the list, my PSN is the_devastator and i'm in the US

#21 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

Going to post this comment here as well since there is always one that forgets:

READ BEFORE YOU ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST:
PLEASE USE THIS FORMAT = PS3 - Giantbomb - Location. 

I will not add you to this list unless you use this format!

#22 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -
@gosukiller: Yo, could you take me off the list? I don't play this game enough to keep up with you guys anymore, as well as the fact that I'm gonna be too busy to play much at all after this week.
#23 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@ricetopher said:
" @gosukiller: Yo, could you take me off the list? I don't play this game enough to keep up with you guys anymore, as well as the fact that I'm gonna be too busy to play much at all after this week. "
Done.
#24 Posted by Killroycantkill (1424 posts) -
@gosukiller: LOL Gosu, I don't live in the UK. I live in Canada. Why would you put me down as UK LOL.
#25 Posted by newmarcom (297 posts) -
@gosukiller said:
" Going to post this comment here as well since there is always one that forgets:

READ BEFORE YOU ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST:
PLEASE USE THIS FORMAT = PS3 - Giantbomb - Location. 

I will not add you to this list unless you use this format!

"
My apologies.

Marukon - newmarcom - Western Canda

I'll be playing a mix of all fighting games from Battle Fantasia to Virtual Fighter and everything in-between.
#26 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
" @gosukiller: LOL Gosu, I don't live in the UK. I live in Canada. Why would you put me down as UK LOL. "
Woops! Fixed for great justice.
#27 Posted by Killroycantkill (1424 posts) -
@gosukiller said:
" @GetEveryone said:
" Yu Gi Oh! is a legit reason to drop SF. As is SCII and going back to Batman. Then there's the GBA Metroid games...oh, and the Prime trilogy. I never actually fiished MGS3 now that I think about it. Oh, and... ad infinitum  Also: Awesome Thread, yo. Its like the "Legit Room", but in GB. "
 A childrens cardgame more important than SF?! That must be some lie to trick me, I won't fall for any of your trap cards. "
Yu Gi Oh is legit! I'm trying to make a Yubel deck but Yubel Ultimate Nightmare is soooo expensive... and I need 3 LOL.
#28 Posted by darkvare (780 posts) -

didn't we all agreed yu gi ho sucked in the chat a while ago

#29 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@darkvare: Can't have.

@Killroycantkill: Dude, download (legally of course O.o) Joey: The Passion and we can have battles. I remember watchingit as a little kid and being like wtf is going on, and now I get to think that AND play.

Ps. You need to get Hamachi to play online. The network is JTP_RKO and the pass. is 123. DOOO EEEET!
#30 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @darkvare: Can't have.

@Killroycantkill: Dude, download (legally of course O.o) Joey: The Passion and we can have battles. I remember watchingit as a little kid and being like wtf is going on, and now I get to think that AND play. "
I'm glad we are putting this thread to good use. I'll set this 'Snide Remark Against Yu-gi-oh' in attack-mode.
#31 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@gosukiller: Don't get me wrong: Yu Gi Oh! is terrible. Really. Its awful. But there is something really fucking great about playing the game online. Because its so broken you never know, even if you're miles ahead, if you're actually going to win.
#32 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

legit room is now filled with yugioh talk? lol! i really can't say yugioh sucks since i've never played the game nor watched the anime.

#33 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

Won't be on this evening, Feyenoord is playing. Might be on after around 22:00 GMT.

#34 Edited by MarceloAbans (139 posts) -

PSN - Giantbomb - Location.

FADC_MAbans - MarceloAbans - US (SD, CA)

You mentioned every evening? What time exactly?
#35 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@MarceloAbans: 

The busiest hours are between 18:00-01:00 GMT

#36 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@MarceloAbans: Usually after 8pm GMT, hombre.
#37 Posted by darkvare (780 posts) -

i'm gonna be on in like 2 and a half hours if you wanna join i need to bath cause i'm stinky

#38 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1501 posts) -

Good thinking. Always thought we should have something like this.

#39 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

SirOptimusPrime - SirOptimusPrime - US (PA) 

Include time zones, or what?

#40 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Maybe you should have specified EU/East Coast US only, Gosu. Though that seems particularly harsh to those who aren't in that catchment. Different lobbies for different groups, but everyone in the "Legit Room". 

I don't know, I'm just spit-balling. Absolutely exhausted.

#41 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" Maybe you should have specified EU/East Coast US only, Gosu. Though that seems particularly harsh to those who aren't in that catchment. Different lobbies for different groups, but everyone in the "Legit Room".   I don't know, I'm just spit-balling. Absolutely exhausted. "
You raise a good point, but this is the PS3 community thread. Not the EU and also East-side-story Community Thread for the PS-triple. 
I can edit the list to display everyones timezones, if enough people request it.
#42 Edited by MarceloAbans (139 posts) -

Here's a table to help those out..

Here's a site..

UTC GMT EDT EST CDT CST MDT MST PDT PST
0000 8 PM 7 PM 6 PM 5 PM 4 PM
0100 9 PM 8 PM 7 PM 6 PM 5 PM
0200 10 PM 9 PM 8 PM 7 PM 6 PM
0300 11 PM 10 PM 9 PM 8 PM 7 PM
0400 Midnight 11 PM 10 PM 9 PM 8 PM
0500 1 AM Midnight 11 PM 10 PM 9 PM
0600 2 AM 1 AM Midnight 11 PM 10 PM
0700 3 AM 2 AM 1 AM Midnight 11 PM
0800 4 AM 3 AM 2 AM 1 AM Midnight
0900 5 AM 4 AM 3 AM 2 AM 1 AM
1000 6 AM 5 AM 4 AM 3 AM 2 AM
1100 7 AM 6 AM 5 AM 4 AM 3 AM
1200 8 AM 7 AM 6 AM 5 AM 4 AM
1300 9 AM 8 AM 7 AM 6 AM 5 AM
1400 10 AM 9 AM 8 AM 7 AM 6 AM
1500 11 AM 10 AM 9 AM 8 AM 7 AM
1600 Noon 11 AM 10 AM 9 AM 8 AM
1700 1 PM Noon 11 AM 10 AM 9 AM
1800 2 PM 1 PM Noon 11 AM 10 AM
1900 3 PM 2 PM 1 PM Noon 11 AM
2000 4 PM 3 PM 2 PM 1 PM Noon
2100 5 PM 4 PM 3 PM 2 PM 1 PM
2200 6 PM 5 PM 4 PM 3 PM 2 PM
2300 7 PM 6 PM 5 PM 4 PM 3 PM
#43 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Extra info for that table: The UK is GMT+1 atm, so everything basically goes up an hour (GMT never changes, but everyone will still probably refer to 8pm here as 8GMT). 

Semantics ftw!

#44 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" Extra info for that table: The UK is GMT+1 atm, so everything basically goes up an hour (GMT never changes, but everyone will still probably refer to 8pm here as 8GMT).   Semantics ftw! "
Isn't GMT linked to the daylight savings? I just use GMT+1 for Holland werther it's summertime or wintertime.
#45 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@gosukiller: Nope, GMT is static (I only found out the other day). Daylight savings means that everything GMT+ increases by one.

Here.
#46 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Wouldn't it make more sense just to add the people who've played a bit? otherwise this table is no different than the one in Loltimas thread. I imagine the response will be 'i'll delete inactive people' but thats hard to judge, just because you havn't played with someone doesn't mean they're inactive. A load Eskimos could be playing together while we sleep. Way easier for you to keep up with things that way too, and people will actually be able to find matches using it. Table might look a bit tidier btw.

#47 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" A load Eskimos could be playing together while we sleep.. "
I truly hope so.
#48 Edited by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@Pessh: @mubress:  I am awake 24/7 and online on 3 different PSN accounts. No Eskimos play SSF4 and go unnoticed, nor unpunished, I can assure you. 

That being said, it is the responsability of the person who wants his name added to judge his own activity and willingness to enter out community. I will try to edit this list on (at least) a weekly basis. 

I agree that the list as it is is enough for new users to get started making friends. These new users don't necessarily need their names added unless they prove to be active 'pillars' of our PS3 scene. 

I'll try to make a table out of this.

EDIT: Making a table out of this is quite a hassle (or I'm doing it wrong). I prefer the list the way it is and it won't be much longer as it is now. However, if anyone volunteers to put the current info in a table I would happily copy/paste it.
#49 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@gosukiller: Exactly, it should be a small list of people who actually play the game on a regular basis. Go to the matchmaking thread if you want to sift through a massive list of asshats.

GB Username
PSN
 GetEveryone GetEveryone UK
 VicRattlehead VicRattlehead UK
 J_Las_Vegas J_Las_Vegas UK
 MrGosuKiller gosukiller Netherlands
 ljgpliskin92 ljgpliskin92 US
 lilbigsupermario ogaitnas_nj US
 FADC_MAbans MarceloAbans US (SD, CA)

I left out a few becase they have a full friends list/don't play the game/have a shitty connection. If you want to add more just clock on the last row, and then the little down arrow.
#50 Posted by MarceloAbans (139 posts) -

If a anyone is on now hit me up I got a league match in an hour need to get my chops up..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.