Official X360 SSF4 Community Thread

#1 Edited by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -

I wanted to recreate what gosukiller did for the PS3 community and kind of build a database of players who are interested in doing nightly/ weekly (?) sparring/ learning sessions with each other for the Xbox 360 version.  

 

Purpose

The purpose of this thread is to have a place for SSF4 360 Duders to have a place to come to if they're looking for a group of players to play or learn with.

I've only been playing Street Fighter since Vanilla 4 (a little bit of HDR, but not seriously at the time). I have no way to gauge my level, but I'd say I'm probably a High-Level Amateur? I watch a lot of streams and try to soak in as much information as possible, I'm just bad with practicing and implementing what I've learned. I don't particularly "Main" a character. I have a few that I like to play more than others (Vega, Gouken, Ryu and, most recently, Dudley) but I'm still trying to find that character that just clicks for me.

For myself, I hope I can find similarly minded/ skilled players who want to take their game to the next level.  

Don't scared if you're not confident in your abilities, I am by no means a Veteran. But I want to learn. Hopefully the people who are Vetarans and want to join us, will do so with an open mind and a closed ego. Let's help each other out, while having fun.

 

How to get involved

If you're interested in finding some people to play with, add any of the Gamertags you see below, and mention you're from Giant Bomb and interested in the SF community. Hopefully there'll be someone playing and can get the ball rolling. 
 
I've been advised to the keep the list populated with people who are the most often online. Let me know if you're ON the list, but DON'T think you should be. Or, if you're NOT on the list and think you SHOULD be.

 
 

Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 Lukeweizer Lukeweizer Canada Pacific
 TheLegendofLuke TheLegendofLuke UK 
 mubress
 mubress UK GMT
 JJOR64 JJOR64 USA Central (GMT -06:00)
 Maguilera walusbrigade USA Eastern (GMT -5:00)
 Baillie Somekindof FOZY
 UK GMT
 Buttenator Buttenator Canada Eastern
 TheGremp
 TheGremp USA Central
 Stang
 Da Stang
 USA Pacific
 Jaycee13 jamierc94
 UK GMT
 Scooper AquaticPear
 UK GMT
 Gambit Gambit1986
  
 Jemenez Gahzoo USA Eastern
 demontium
 demontium
 USA Pacific
 Lemon PHANTOM 45
 USA Pacific
 OwnlyUzinWonHan
 OwnlyUzinWonHan
 USA Eastern
 Undeadpool Lex Jewthor
 USA Pacific
 chickengeorgewashington
 Rugalbgood
 USA
 Eastern
 Scaerdos87 Mohawkny115
 USA 
 Giacomito Giacomito EU (Sweden)
 GMT
 

 

If you are interested in getting on the table of players to contact (that will be publicly visible), PM me your Gamertag and location. Include "SSF4 360 Community" in the subject.

 

When

Anytime! Check the latest comments in this thread to see if someone's looking for a lobby (or has one going).

 

Thanks for listening folks. I hope everyone's able to get togetherand find what they're looking for out of Street Fighter!

#2 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

I'm in the process of moving house at the minute, but I'll be back around and up for this in a couple of weeks (hopefully). 
 
I'm in the UK and my GT is the same as my GB name, so feel free to add me and whatnot.

#3 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -
@TheLegendofLuke said:
" I'm in the process of moving house at the minute, but I'll be back around and up for this in a couple of weeks (hopefully).  I'm in the UK and my GT is the same as my GB name, so feel free to add me and whatnot. "
Will do. Would you want to be added to a table of players list? Or would you rather just bug someone else about joining?
#4 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -
@Lukeweizer: If a table gets made then chuck me on it, sure. If not, I'm sure I'll manage to find my way into a few games from time to time. 
#5 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

When it comes to tables I can't get enough of them! I'm certain(ish) this will work better than the other ones!  Count me in! 
Info: 
 

Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 mubress mubress UK GMT
#6 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -
@Lukeweizer: GT: demontium.
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -
Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 JJOR64 JJOR64 USA  (GMT-06:00) Central Time US
#8 Edited by MAguilera (90 posts) -
GB USernameGamertagLocationTime Zone
 Maguilera stumpbunny USA Eastern Time Zone (GMT -05:00_
 
I'm in. Usually on around 10 pm EST. 
#9 Posted by Baillie (4285 posts) -
Giant Bomb UsernameXBL GamertagLocationTime Zone
 Baillie Somekindof FOZY UK GMT
#10 Posted by Buttenator (191 posts) -
Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 Buttenator Buttenator Canada EST (GMT-5:00)
#11 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -
Giant Bomb UsernameXBL GamertagLocationTime Zone
 TheGremp TheGremp USA CST (GMT-6:00)
#12 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -

Well, if anyone is up to it, why don't we set up a Endless Lobby right now?

#13 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Well, if anyone is up to it, why don't we set up a Endless Lobby right now? "
I would, but the TV is being used right now, as always.  I'm lucky if I get like 10 minutes of Street Fighter in a day, because my mom and sister seem to watch House for 23 hours of every day on Netflix. T_T 
 
If by some miracle they stop, I'd be up for it.
#14 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -
@TheGremp said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" Well, if anyone is up to it, why don't we set up a Endless Lobby right now? "
I would, but the TV is being used right now, as always.  I'm lucky if I get like 10 minutes of Street Fighter in a day, because my mom and sister seem to watch House for 23 hours of every day on Netflix. T_T  If by some miracle they stop, I'd be up for it. "
DAMN YOU HOUSE!!!!!!!!
#15 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (264 posts) -

Feel free to add me. I haven't played much SSF4 recently because I've been busy with other things, but I definitely would like to play more often. At the moment, I can play almost any time. One of the benefits of being unable to find a job I suppose.
 

Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 Mechanical_Ape
Render Farmer
 USA Pacific
#16 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -

We got an endless going right now.  If anyone wants to join, come on in.

#17 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" We got an endless going right now.  If anyone wants to join, come on in. "
Bawwwww, I wish I could join you...
#18 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -

YAY FOR TURBO USERS!

#19 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" YAY FOR TURBO USERS! "
Bahahahaha. At least you beat him!
#20 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" YAY FOR TURBO USERS! "
Bahahahaha. At least you beat him! "
Agreed.
#21 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

if anyone wants to get a endless lobby going tomorrow ill set my camera up and record some of the matches. my Tag is Gambit1986.

#22 Posted by lordofultima (6287 posts) -

more tables? oh dear..I was going to say fine let me lock the original matchmaking thread, but it's just this stupid table idea that no one will update (including myself). lol

#23 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@JJOR64:  You woulda thought they woulda finished it by now?
#24 Posted by JJOR64 (19071 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" more tables? oh dear..I was going to say fine let me lock the original matchmaking thread, but it's just this stupid table idea that no one will update (including myself). lol "
I think it's safe to say that no one uses the matchmaking thread anymore.
#25 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

 

Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 ScooperAquaticPear
 UK GMT +0
 
Also everyone better be using their mics or waiting for 7 people to have their turn before you if it's dead silent is a complete waste of time if no one's speaking.
#26 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@lordofultima: The reason the table format worked over on the PS3 thread was that only the regulars were put on it. If you wanted to join all you had to do was hit up anyone from the list and play some games. It a "If you played with us enough your name goes on" kinda-deal.
#27 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
I approve :)
 
@lordofultima: The table idea will actually work, if the requirements of getting on the table are strict enough.  
And besides, the table is only a small part of this thread, the main purpose is organizing Fight Nights, which works well in a seperate Xbox/PS3 thread.
#28 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -
@Lukeweizer: 
This is a great idea and I'm looking forward to playing with you guys. I'm on this game pretty often between 5:30 and 10:00.
Giant Bomb Username
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 jaycee13 jamierc94 UK GMT
#29 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

 

Giant Bomb User name
XBL Gamertag
LocationTime Zone
 Stank Da Stang California PST
 Hit me up whenever.
#30 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -
@gosukiller said:
" I approve :)
 
@lordofultima: The table idea will actually work, if the requirements of getting on the table are strict enough.   And besides, the table is only a small part of this thread, the main purpose is organizing Fight Nights, which works well in a seperate Xbox/PS3 thread. "
Anybody who puts puts their own information in a table in the comments, I just add them to the table. Hopefully enough people will be on that there will just always be something going on. On the PS3 table you just have specific people right? 
#31 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -

Are you guys interested in setting up specific nights? Like two or three times a week, or would you guys just rather go night by night and see who ever's on?

#32 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
" @gosukiller said:
" I approve :)
 
@lordofultima: The table idea will actually work, if the requirements of getting on the table are strict enough.   And besides, the table is only a small part of this thread, the main purpose is organizing Fight Nights, which works well in a seperate Xbox/PS3 thread. "
Anybody who puts puts their own information in a table in the comments, I just add them to the table. Hopefully enough people will be on that there will just always be something going on. On the PS3 table you just have specific people right?  "
You need to change it to be like the PS3 thread and only have regulars on it because if you just let anyone in you get a 2 mile long failure of a table like the sticky. If it's short and has people that actualy play every week then it's actualy useful.
#33 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Lukeweizer said:
" @gosukiller said:
" I approve :)
 
@lordofultima: The table idea will actually work, if the requirements of getting on the table are strict enough.   And besides, the table is only a small part of this thread, the main purpose is organizing Fight Nights, which works well in a seperate Xbox/PS3 thread. "
Anybody who puts puts their own information in a table in the comments, I just add them to the table. Hopefully enough people will be on that there will just always be something going on. On the PS3 table you just have specific people right?  "
You need to change it to be like the PS3 thread and only have regulars on it because if you just let anyone in you get a 2 mile long failure of a table like the sticky. If it's short and has people that actualy play every week then it's actualy useful. "
Gotchya. I'll start narrowing it down.
#34 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:

" @Scooper said:

" @Lukeweizer said:
" @gosukiller said:
" I approve :)
 
@lordofultima: The table idea will actually work, if the requirements of getting on the table are strict enough.   And besides, the table is only a small part of this thread, the main purpose is organizing Fight Nights, which works well in a seperate Xbox/PS3 thread. "
Anybody who puts puts their own information in a table in the comments, I just add them to the table. Hopefully enough people will be on that there will just always be something going on. On the PS3 table you just have specific people right?  "
You need to change it to be like the PS3 thread and only have regulars on it because if you just let anyone in you get a 2 mile long failure of a table like the sticky. If it's short and has people that actualy play every week then it's actualy useful. "
Gotchya. I'll start narrowing it down. "
Yeah, maybe a requirement should be you have to have played with someone else off the list?... or something    
#35 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Lukeweizer: My GT's AquaticPear btw. Thanks. About to hop online now actualy if anyone wants to fight my scrub ass.
#36 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -
@Scooper: @mubress: With a bigger list, people might be able to find more people within their time zone. But I'll change my original post to say 'We've decided to slim the list down to people who are most frequently. Let me know if you'd like to be on that list.'
#37 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Lukeweizer: You can probably whore it out to whoever wants to be on there but at a certain point down the line you'll have to cut it down to people who are still playing and posting then.
 
This is kinda why I liked the sticky thread on the SFIV forum better. It was kinda simple. If you wanted to play you posted and by its very nature only people who are active and want to play would reply and people who aren't active wouldn't reply anyway because they're not looking at the thread or interested in the game anymore. It kinda worked for itself. It did create quite alot of post spam though but who really cares about that. A big thread with lots of replies gets a ton of attention from people not looking for it specificaly and then those people can become interested and want to play, fueling it more.
 
Still, this thread can do that.
#38 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Lukeweizer: You can probably whore it out to whoever wants to be on there but at a certain point down the line you'll have to cut it down to people who are still playing and posting then.  This is kinda why I liked the sticky thread on the SFIV forum better. It was kinda simple. If you wanted to play you posted and by its very nature only people who are active and want to play would reply and people who aren't active wouldn't reply anyway because they're not looking at the thread or interested in the game anymore. It kinda worked for itself. It did create quite alot of post spam though but who really cares about that. A big thread with lots of replies gets a ton of attention from people not looking for it specificaly and then those people can become interested and want to play, fueling it more.  Still, this thread can do that. "
Maybe I'll leave it the way it is for now. And in a week or so, I'll cut it down to whom I see online the most. And like the PS3 thread says, they'll meet people in the games and people can add whoever they want from there.
#39 Posted by Baillie (4285 posts) -

Yeah, keep it building for a while, just to get people on the list. Then when people never play, and other members are noticing this, they will get removed. 
 
Anyway, I'm up for some fighting, probably not for too long though, but I don't mind setting up and endless and getting some peeps on. Got a few of you added. If you want in reply or send a message to me on xbl - Somekindof FOZY. 
 
Scooper ain't invited as I've never beaten him.

#40 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Baillie said:
"Scooper ain't invited as I've never beaten him. "
 I agree. Scooper should not be included. That guy ruins everything!
#41 Edited by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Fun matches last night.  That Bison guy was a prick. 
 
I'm free for the next 3 hours if anyone wants to play for a bit...  By the way, I suck.

#42 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@mubress said:
" @Baillie said:
"Scooper ain't invited as I've never beaten him. "
 I agree. Scooper should not be included. That guy ruins everything! "
If I promise not to play DeeJay, Guile, Rose, Akuma, Seth, Ryu, Gouken and Akuma can I play please???
#43 Posted by Baillie (4285 posts) -
@Scooper: You may go... Hakan. You aren't allowed to oil up.
#44 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

People come join! We've just got me and Baillie and some public randoms. Join so we can kick those fuckers out!

#45 Posted by Buttenator (191 posts) -

If anyone's got a lobby going, toss me an invite.

#46 Edited by Melvargh (517 posts) -

 
 

Giant Bomb UsernameXBL GamertagLocationTime Zone
 Melvargh Melvargh Canada Eastern
 
 
Table'd
#47 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Anybody up for some endless tonight around 5-5:30 pm pst?

#48 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Stang: Ye me.
#49 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -
@Lukeweizer:  
 
giantbomb namegamertagLocationTime Zone
 demontium demontium USA GMT (-8:00 Pacific Standard)
#50 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

gt: necrotrophic 
eastern us

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.