Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Price of Super Street Fighter IV semi-Confrimed + event this week

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Over at Kotaku.  GameStop's website listing lists Super Street Fighter IV for 39.99$ currently and, apparently, Capcom has yet to deny the pricing.  I guess it's better than nothing (or in this case, better than a whole lot).  At least they're nice enough to sell it for 20$ cheaper as other companies, for example Activision, would charge you full price for an iteration like this (probably).

Also from Kotaku: The Capcom event "Capcom Fight Club" will be taking place later this week and those who are Capcom-Unity members and can make it (or live in) to New York City will be able to play Super Street Fighter IV.  The only playable characters will be Juri, T. Hawk and Dee Jay.  Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars will also be playable at the event.
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Heartagram

Awesome i have not bought SFIV yet and was going to (I have rented like 3 times from gamefly however) But now i think i may just wait and get this considering it will be better balanced (not that 4 is unbalanced really) and have all the extra goodies

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

Man I wish I could of got to play at Capcom Fight Club. Dee Jay's going to be the character I play in Super so it would be like playing the full game to me :-D

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

Should be $29.99 imo, but $39 will do I guess.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Icil
    Awesome. 40$ is a good price for how much they say they're improving the game. I'm really hoping they make the online experience amazing.

@FluxWaveZ said:
    " ... for example Activision, would charge you full price for an iteration like this (probably) ... "
    They definitely would. That company needs to break up or something.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scooper
    @CL60 said:
    " Should be $29.99 imo, but $39 will do I guess. "
    That's only the RRP, you'll most likely be able to get it online for $29.99 anyway.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Scooper said:
    " Man I wish I could of got to play at Capcom Fight Club. Dee Jay's going to be the character I play in Super so it would be like playing the full game to me :-D "
    They're still going to be changing a variety of things after the event so how Dee Jay controls will probably change a lot between the Capcom Fight Club and the official release.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By demontium
    @FluxWaveZ: It is a bit pricey for people who already have the game.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @demontium: Perhaps, but at this point I think the opinion on the pricing is relative.  For how much they seem to be adding and modifying for the better, I don't think 40$ is that much to spend on the game even though I've bought the first version.  Here in Canada it will probably be 50$ and I'll still end up buying upon release.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demontium
    @FluxWaveZ: They should have some deal to trade in SFIV and get SSFIV for 20 bucks.... 

But I see your point.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @demontium said:

" @FluxWaveZ: They should have some deal to trade in SFIV and get SSFIV for 20 bucks....  But I see your point. "

Yeah, I'd like for something like that too.  But it has been said that there will be in-game bonuses for those who have SF IV and will purchase SSF IV.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Stang

Yeah $40 is a bit much, but Capcom knows it does not matter, those who truly love IV will pick it up whatever the price may be.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @demontium: I don't think so, I believe as someone who got much more than their money's worth with SFIV...SSFIV will be much more worth than $40 for me especially with those SFIII and new online modes.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By demontium
    @Dan_CiTi: I know, playing as T. Hawk will be good, also they did revamp the fighting engine and i saw some changes on the UCbar, still.... 

forty is much too much for a dlc pack. 

Obviously SFIV was well worth the buy, but i dont NEED 5 or 6 changes when i can buy something else.
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By yetiantics
    @demontium:
    Technically its not a DLC pack. 

Its Street Fighter IV and everything it had... + all the extra stuff. 
    so basically youre getting all of that for $40, and some extra stuff if you owned SF4 already.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @demontium: I think by the time the game is out and we know all of the features, upgrades, etc. that will be present in the game, it will be totally worth it for everyone to pick this game up.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By animateria

$40 is a bit much but at the same time, it's at the begrudgingly acceptable level.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napalm
    @demontium said:
    " @Dan_CiTi: I know, playing as T. Hawk will be good, also they did revamp the fighting engine and i saw some changes on the UCbar, still....  forty is much too much for a dlc pack.  Obviously SFIV was well worth the buy, but i dont NEED 5 or 6 changes when i can buy something else. "
    Then spend your money elsewhere. Probably the only people who are going to be still playing SFIV when SSFIV hits are the scrubs who hate the fact Sagat was nerfed and they refuse to accept it.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scooper

People should stop feeling like everything's a rip off nowerdays. We're getting fantastic games with amazing production values for the same price you were paying for SNES carts. Many people paid full price for every iteration of SFII back in the day and you bet they weren't complaining and we're getting more content then all the SFII iterations put together for 2/3rds the price of a single SFII update. So in the words of the kindergarten cop "STOP WHINING!!".

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " People should stop feeling like everything's a rip off nowerdays. We're getting fantastic games with amazing production values for the same price you were paying for SNES carts. Many people paid full price for every iteration of SFII back in the day and you bet they weren't complaining and we're getting more content then all the SFII iterations put together for 2/3rds the price of a single SFII update. So in the words of the kindergarten cop "STOP WHINING!!". "
    I haven't been in this board for awhile, but are people still like, "yeah, it'd be a better deal if it were DLC." Haven't we gotten past this?
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " People should stop feeling like everything's a rip off nowerdays. We're getting fantastic games with amazing production values for the same price you were paying for SNES carts. Many people paid full price for every iteration of SFII back in the day and you bet they weren't complaining and we're getting more content then all the SFII iterations put together for 2/3rds the price of a single SFII update. So in the words of the kindergarten cop "STOP WHINING!!". "
    I haven't been in this board for awhile, but are people still like, "yeah, it'd be a better deal if it were DLC." Haven't we gotten past this? "
    The only people who are still whining are the people who only play SFIV once a month for 20 mins. Anyone who's still playing alot of SFIV does not care. I'm sure we wouldn't mind it being 10 bucks or whatever but if you're still playing SFIV and enjoying it you're buying Super for $40. I'm definantly buying it. If people still think it's not worth it then I hope they don't buy it and instead go out and buy Halo 3.2: Master Chief Adventrures and Guitar hero 12 and pretend they're getting a good deal.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Scooper said:
    I haven't been in this board for awhile, but are people still like, "yeah, it'd be a better deal if it were DLC." Haven't we gotten past this? "
    The only people who are still whining are the people who only play SFIV once a month for 20 mins. Anyone who's still playing alot of SFIV does not care. I'm sure we wouldn't mind it being 10 bucks or whatever but if you're still playing SFIV and enjoying it you're buying Super for $40. I'm definantly buying it. If people still think it's not worth it then I hope they don't buy it and instead go out and buy Halo 3.2: Master Chief Adventrures and Guitar hero 12 and pretend they're getting a good deal. "
    I think anybody who is ever complacent about a fighting game and "doesn't need" updates, is jaded and not a fighting game fan. Those people are happy because they can throw "hadokens" and that's all they really care about. A fighting game will never truly be balanced, and updates always enhance and extend the gameplay and keep current with the communities wants and demands.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By demontium
    @Napalm: I am so fricken glad sagat the fagat is getting nerfed.  

I am sorry but spamming tiger's and uppercutting/HKing when we get close was really annoying.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By JJOR64

It's probably going to cost $40.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By copycatzen

Ill buy it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.