Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Punishing Cammy's spiral arrow.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

I'm getting progressively better at Street Fighter recently and I have found my main tactic in a fight is to let them come to me and punish their moves, my and JJOR64 found a lot punishes for Sakura against Blanka and other frequently used fighters, but I am yet to find a counter for her spiral arrow. I can punish her upwards kick thing (can't think of it off the top of my head) with a crouching fierce punch or a crouching medium kick, I can punish almost anything with those moves. Any help would be appreciated.  

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vade

HK spiral arrow, block the two hits and you can immediately punish with anything.
    LK and MK spiral arrow, block the hit and punish with anything. 

They have a ton of frame disadvantage, buffer your ultra and let her have it.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper
    @Vade: I believe all Spiral Arrows are safe on block if spaced correctaly so it's not as easy and just saying "buffer your ultra". If they do a really close one then yeah you can but you can't all the time.

Also, this should be in the begginner thread.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah good cammy's make spiral arrows safe, so good luck punishing them. If they do it close enough to you it's not safe. You'll just have to learn to recognize which ones are safe and which aren't. Direct further questions to the beginner thread, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.