Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Second Ultras

• 140 results
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By yetiantics

Returning Characters

• Abel: Breathless (2) - A grab that tosses his opponent into the air, Abel catches them then throws them. Can be delayed, has hyper armor.
    • Akuma: Demon Armageddon (2) - Looks ridiculous but hilarious, Tazmania Tornado or something. Heard it can be canceled from a teleport.
    • Balrog: Dirty Bull (2) - A 720 Command Grab, Balrog steps on your toe like an ass. Not much damage, but 700 STUN!
    • Blanka: Shout of Earth (2) - Guile-style charge, two versions of ultra. One is Anti-Air, and one is Anti-Ground. Sends a burst of electricity toward the opponent.
    • Cammy: Cammy Quick Combination (2) - A counter-type ultra, She performs CQC-maneuvers on her opponent, snapping limbs and all that.
    • C. Viper: Burning Dance (2) - Air activated, she rides the opponent like a surf board on fire, kicks 'em in the air and shocks them.
    • Chun-Li: Kikoshou (2) - QCFx2 PPP motion, juggles off pretty much anything, should work much better than current ultra. It's a giant fireball with many hits.
    • Dan: Haoh Gadouken (2) - A giant Gadouken that is charged up like a kamehameha wave. The force is so powerful it launches Dan away, making it relatively safe.  
    • Dhalsim: Yoga Shangri-la (2) - Air activated, only hits grounded opponents. Looks like it can be used with air-teleport mix-ups.
    • E.Honda: Orochi Breaker (2) - 720 command grab that is like a epic Oicho Throw, obviously more useful than current ultra.
    • El Fuerte: El Fuerte Ultra Spark (2) - Seems to be a ground-to-ground command grab. Spins around opponents head to launch them like a helicopter, then hits 'em.
    • Fei Long: Gekirinken (2) - The classic Bruce Lee-style ONE INCH PUNCH. Looks to be a counter-attack, looks awesome.  
    • Gen: Shitenketsu / Teiga (2) - The first is the dreaded "touch of death," the second is a bunch of oga-style dive kicks with a white background.
    • Gouken: Denjin Hadouken (2) - Much like Ryu's Denjin Fireball in 3rd Strike, Gouken can charge this for a while -- it's not unblockable though.
    • Guile: Sonic Hurricane (2) - A giant sonic boom that should ultimately improve Guile a bunch.
    • Ken: Guren Senpukyaku (2) - A million flaming hurricane kicks, followed by an big boot in midair. Looks great, should be more useful than current.
    • M. Bison: Psycho Punisher (2) - A purple-er version of Shang Tsung's soul steal, looks like something from Rival Schools.
    • Rose: Soul Satellite (2) - Seems like an oro-style 3S super, two soul orbs orbit Rose and protect her from damage, not much damage dealt but crazy potential.    
    • Rufus: Big Bang Typhoon (2) - A epic version of a Galactic Tornado, he can control the momentum forward or backward, works as anti-air.
    • Ryu: Metsu Shoryuken (2) - Big ol' Shoryuken like Gouken, does a bunch of damage -- probably won't have the same combo potential as Ultra 1.
    • Sagat: Tiger Cannon (2) - Looks alright, definitely not as useful as his first ultra though. Can juggle the same ways.
    • Sakura: Shinku Hadouken (2) - Can be angled upwards or straight depending on if you use 3K or 3P, looks to be very useful for her.
    • Seth: Tanden Typhoon (2) - Flips over backward like something from the exorcist, and a big ol' typhoon thing comes out of his yin yang.
    • Vega: Splendid Claw (2) - Starts with a slide that hits low, then he does a flip kick to launch opponent, and ends with a flamboyant slash upward.
    • Zangief: Siberian Blizzard (2) - Airborne 720 grab that has a painfully long animation, but looks great aesthetically.

New Characters 

• Adon: Jaguar Revolver (1) - Bunch of overhead kicks into a sick air juggle.
    • Adon: Jaguar Avalanche (2) - Launches into the air with some kicks, then rests his knees on their shoulders, and proceeds to pound with his fists. Ends with a kick to the ground.
    • Cody: Final Destruction (1) - Cody scraps with his enemy in the form of strong axe-handle style punches, ending it with a hurricane punch.
    • Cody: Last Dread Dust (2) - Activates at very close range, Cody launches his opponent into the air, and plays baseball with the help of a steel pipe.
    • Dee Jay: Sobat Festival (1) - Dee Jay goes on a rampage and kicks his opponent a bunch of times, ending the juggle combo with a big MAX OUT wave.
    • Dee Jay: Climax Beat (2) - He pulls out his maracas and does a little jingle before unleashing punches like a machine-gun on his opponent.
    • Dudley: Rolling Thunder (1) - A vicious combination of punches that ends with an uppercut, launching your opponent into the air.
    • Dudley: Corkscrew Cross (2) - This involves a powerful punch that sends your opponent spinning, and Dudley seals the deal with one more punch.
    • Guy: Bushin Goraisenpujin (1) - This is that Naruto-style bounce off the walls ultra and do a diving suplex into the ground thing. Dope.
    • Guy: Bushin Muso Renge (2) - A grab ultra in the vein of Raging Demon, Guy unleashes a flurry of attacks over a slick white background.
    • Hakan: Oil Coaster (1) - 720 motion grab. Hakan throws his opponent in the air, and spins him/her around his oily body then throws them into the wall.
    • Hakan: Oil Combination Hold (2) - Hakan quickly oils up, lies on the ground, Hakan grabs on and builds up pressure before releasing his opponent. The opponent is sent flying into the wall.
    • Ibuki: Yoroi Doushi (1) - A powerful hit followed by an even more fiercesome elbow to the abdomen, shooing out some crazy ninja laser beam.
    • Ibuki: Hashin Shou (2) - An series of punches and kicks launch the opponent into the air, where Ibuki sends a flurry of kunai at her opponent, then kicks them to the ground.
    • Juri: Feng Shui Engine (1) - A timed-ultra that looks similar to custom combos or V-ISM from Alpha 3. Top tier?
    • Juri: Kaisen Dankairaku (2) - That fantastic time-stopping whispering in your ear ultra that you've seen 1,000 times.
    • Makoto: Seichusen Godanzuki (1) - A series of punches beginning in the groin region, the last punch to the chin sends her opponent flying.
    • Makoto: Abare Tosanamikudaki (2) - Beginning with a jumping kick off the wall and ending with her infamous vertical punch, 3rd Strike players will enjoy this.
    • T.Hawk: Raging Typhoon (1) - A giant cyclone-style grab where he throws you on the ground and then sits on you, INDIAN STYLE!
    • T.Hawk: Raging Slash (2) - Catches you in the air, power bombs you, smacks you to the floor like a rag doll, spins you, and slams you down on the ground. HARD.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

Ken's second ultra should be he trips you, pisses on your head, then gives a thumbs up to the camera. Is that too much to ask?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I want my Honda info dammit.  :(

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I really do love that face when someone gets uppercutted in an ultra.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By bed

i demand more Sakura info! 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stang
    @AjayRaz: You didn't hear? She didn't make the cut. :(
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Good to know this finally got confirmed proper.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @PantyshotMQN: GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed
    @Stang said:
    " @AjayRaz: You didn't hear? She didn't make the cut. :( "
    *checks character select screen and clearly sees Sakura*  

..they replaced Sakura with someone that looks exactly like Sakura...?! HOW COULD CAPCOM DO THAT?! :'( 
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yetiantics
    @Jeffsekai:  
    Oh yeah! lol

@Stang:

I would GLADLY switch to Ken if that came true. 

dieguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By dieguy

Does anyone else see that the character screen is full with no blacked out characters?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By lordofultima

More translation at iplaywinner. Pretty interesting. Also to note, there now appear to be 32 character slots. There is an infinite timer in the bottom right corner of the current SSFIV select screen. 

Edit: Since one of those is a random slot, it's actually 31 characters. Thoughts? Probably just a reflection of the current build, to not give anything away.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yetiantics
    @lordofultima said:

"More translation at iplaywinner. Pretty interesting. Also to note, there now appear to be 32 character slots instead of 33. There is an infinite timer in the bottom right corner of the current SSFIV select screen.  Edit: Since one of those is a random slot, it's actually 31 characters. Thoughts? "

yeah, this... There's 36 slots via Famitsu stream...

My theory? Capcom being sneaky and editing the character select screen for this issue.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " More translation at iplaywinner. Pretty interesting. Also to note, there now appear to be 32 character slots. There is an infinite timer in the bottom right corner of the current SSFIV select screen.  Edit: Since one of those is a random slot, it's actually 31 characters. Thoughts? Probably just a reflection of the current build, to not give anything away. "
    Ya they are most likely just just posting a stand in picture of the select screen to not show anyone else. During the stream a while back they showed the select screen with 35 slots.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordofultima
    @PantyshotMQN said:

" @lordofultima said:

"More translation at iplaywinner. Pretty interesting. Also to note, there now appear to be 32 character slots instead of 33. There is an infinite timer in the bottom right corner of the current SSFIV select screen.  Edit: Since one of those is a random slot, it's actually 31 characters. Thoughts? "

yeah, this... There's 36 slots via Famitsu stream...
    No Caption Provided
             "
    Yeah, I imagine it's just so there's no more speculation on more characters. Let's hope anyway, I really don't want that to be confirmation that there will be no new characters. 

One of the blown up images also reveals a zombie/iron gief? What the hell? Maybe that's some weird alternate or color change. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeffsekai
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stang

God damn the new character select screen is sexy as hell.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yetiantics

these new costumes are nuts. 
    really diggin Iron Gief. Its almost like Metal Gief in MvsC
    Judoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Judoka

Hey guys,  game trailers just posted a new trailer to this. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-features-super-street/60457

It shows a few alt Ultras (Ken's, Ryu's and Fei long's) and a few new costumes.  Check it out it is seriously fucking awesome!

Fei long's new ultra is awesome and the original Shin ShoRyuken (In full motion in the trailer)  is back in full force.  Ken's new ultra looks like it may have a better setup but,  It doesn't satisfy like Ryu or Fei longs.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Gambit

awesome kens alt. ultra is Shippu Jinrai Kyaku.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SamStrife
    @Judoka: Awesome video, thanks for the link.

I think I'm in love with Cammy in her Dictator suit.  I'm also very curios to find out what Blanka's second ultra is, although it can't be much better than his first, it's sure to be a spectacle.  Infact it looks like the game is trying to add a more cinematic vibe to the fighting game genre, sure hope it pays off and doesn't come over too strongly. 
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kmdrkul

What on earth is with Ken's face to the left of the fold at the top of the page?  Did he require jaw surgery from too much chewing tobacco? 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StaticFalconar

While I love new moves and all, I seriously hope the overall time for the moves to finish is actually reduced. Yes, seeing the ultras for the first time was cool, but when you see it for the 500 billionth time, it's almost an indicator to leave your controller to fix yourself a snack while the ultra animation is happening. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stang
    @kmdrkul: Have you never seen Gouken's ultra? That is the exact face everybody makes after the first hit.

By the way, Kens new ultra = you all being 35% more free. Have a nice day.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thrawn1
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I want my Honda info dammit.  :( "
    same. if honda's new ultra is as shitty as his current one then i'm not gonna play him anymore once ssfiv comes out. hopefully it'll be some kind of throw....oh wait....that would just mean people would try even harder to keep him out...lol fuck honda
    ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ProjektGill
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PureRok
    @Judoka said:

" Hey guys,  game trailers just posted a new trailer to this. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-features-super-street/60457
       It shows a few alt Ultras (Ken's, Ryu's and Fei long's) and a few new costumes.  Check it out it is seriously fucking awesome!  Fei long's new ultra is awesome and the original Shin ShoRyuken (In full motion in the trailer)  is back in full force.  Ken's new ultra looks like it may have a better setup but,  It doesn't satisfy like Ryu or Fei longs. "
    Every time I see Guy I get all giddy and start blabbering like a little girl.

Can't. Wait.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stang

I don't see Ryu's new ultra being used to much. Unless they drastically change Ryu's mechanics, why would anybody change from an ultra that has 10 ways to combo into it? As of now, if I have 2 bars and ultra with Ryu, that is pretty much a guaranteed 450+ damage. Looks cool though.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scooper

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the look of that new Africa level, I can see that being a favourite like Overpass.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper said:
    " AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
    Troll.
    Judoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Judoka
    @Stang said:
    " I don't see Ryu's new ultra being used to much. Unless they drastically change Ryu's mechanics, why would anybody change from an ultra that has 10 ways to combo into it? As of now, if I have 2 bars and ultra with Ryu, that is pretty much a guaranteed 450+ damage. Looks cool though. "
    Yeah, but it will be interesting to see the the options on how to set this up.  I'm betting it can be combo'd straight from an EX special move (excluding DP) and of course FADC.  Trade off being a less damaging ultra.  
     I bet they will tone down Metsu Fireball in some way.  I have always loved the the ShinShoRyuken since the original SF3.  I would run an arcade with the super art.  I would hit it alot pissing off many players.  That was 
    due to my ignorance of what a super cancel was and me canceling off BnB combos and not knowing it LOL.
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By yetiantics
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Akuma's second Ultra can now be seen in video form over at Gamespot, and it looks ridiculous as all hell!  *spinning round and round...*

Edit: Ah, didn't even see lordofultima's post on the other thread.  Everything's kind of mixed up, heh.
    Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tarakun

GET HYPE 

Sorry. Anyway I'm pretty excited about this game. I've been sticking to the PC version of SF4 so far, but seeing as my TE and my Fightpad both work on 360, and seeing as there is an Xbox 360 in my house now, it might be time to switch once this comes out. 

Although I haven't played Street Fighter in weeks, and judging how my performance was last time I went online, I've still got a lot of work before I'm completely ready for competition. I love Street Fighter, and this stuff coming out about makes me kinda nervous, because I'm off my game right now. Looks like I need to get back to that quick.  

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima: Disregard last PM....  

He just did not have the vid in the OP.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pause422

Okay I'm definitely looking forward to this game, but if they really don't have Sakura I'm gonna be a bit pissed. She was one of my favorite characters to play.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By demontium
    @FluxWaveZ: Again. another great avatar.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By turbomonkey138

My hype has been worn out now ...mainly due to my new fightstick . But the thing looks cool :)

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @lordofultima: Sakura's 2nd Ultra is Shinku Hadoken. 
    @pause422: What are you talking about? Sakura was in the first SFIV.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pause422
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    " @lordofultima: Sakura's 2nd Ultra is Shinku Hadoken. 
    @pause422: What are you talking about? Sakura was in the first SFIV. "
    Someone said in an earlier comment Sakura wasn't in this game and was replaced with someone similar, but it wasn't her. That's what I was responding to. I have no idea if that is true or not. I know she was in SFIV....as I stated she was one of my favorite characters to play, I'm talking about SSFIV like everyone else.
    Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JJOR64

Honda's second ultra looks awesome, but it looks like it's easy to avoid by jumping.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lordofultima

Edited first post to have a summary of all the new ultras and links to videos of them if available. 

Abel and Sagat's Second Ultra

Gouken's Denjin Hadouken: 

Blanka's Shout of Earth: 

Rufus' Big Bang Typhoon: 

@Dan_CiTi

said:

That's fine and dandy, I don't have an impression of it because I didn't see it.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm assuming you guys also saw the live Ustream going on yesterday?  It was cool, but I don't think it should have been a tourney.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Scooper

I like the way you've laid out this thread. It should be stickied as we're more then likely going to see more videos of the ultras and we don't need more threads every time.

Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gunner_Thor

Yeah, I'm pretty damned excited about Claw's ultra.  I can see a few ways to combo into it as well which is good. 
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#47  Edited By Symphony
    @pause422 said:

" @Dan_CiTi said:

Someone said in an earlier comment Sakura wasn't in this game and was replaced with someone similar, but it wasn't her. That's what I was responding to. I have no idea if that is true or not. I know she was in SFIV....as I stated she was one of my favorite characters to play, I'm talking about SSFIV like everyone else. "
    Sakura is one of my favorites, but if they replaced her with Hinata from Rival Schools / Project Justice (a close friend of Sakura's), that'd be pretty awesome. Never gonna happen, but I miss Hinata; she was my favorite in RS. She kicks shoes at the opponent!
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yetiantics

Thanks Ultima for organizing the thread!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Scooper

So, favourite new Ultra from what we've seen so far? Mine's got to be Fei Long's it just gets me all buzzed up when I see it. Akuma's is ridiculas too.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#50  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Nobody even bothered to check out Seth's new ultra? I guess that says a lot about how many people actually used him. Otherwise, all of these new ultras look to be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.