Seth help.

#1 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

So I just went out and bought ae. This game is awesome so far and feels a lot different from mk9. I'm not sure if this is why I suck so much or not but is it just me or is Seth fucking impossible to beat? I have it on normal and I'm using Ryu. Anyone have any tips on how to beat this guy? I tried using more skill but I think I'm using all I have.

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (8152 posts) -

Jumping roundhouse, crouching roundhouse. Seriously.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Watch tutorials and matches on Youtube. Forget about the single player and play online. Play a lot. Lose a lot.

#4 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac

Watch tutorials and matches on Youtube. Forget about the single player and play online. Play a lot. Lose a lot.

I'm 0-2 so far fuck.
#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

I'm 0-2 so far fuck.

Get use to it. ;)

It's a learning experience.

#6 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

don't worry if you can't beat Seth. The single player in any fighting game is akin to playing with bots in an FPS game. As such they all have their patterns and whatever random moves you do will eventually beat it.  

Use single player as a nice fun way to get used to a character, and the practice combos, moves, etc. 

#7 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I play against CPU sometimes to practice against DP mashing because the CPU will wreck you if you miss links

#8 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
@McGhee_the_Insomniac

I'm 0-2 so far fuck.
you could try unranked games, If you find a good room it's awesome.
#9 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Seth is easy hit the training mode and learn your combos then go online. Then go to casuals and tournaments.

#10 Posted by Killroycantkill (1402 posts) -

Step 1: Be Zangeif

Step 2: Lariat all the time

Step 3: ...

Step 4: Profit

#11 Posted by papercut (3474 posts) -

when in doubt, low kick

and when that doesn't work, grab.

or am I thinking of Soul Caliber...

#12 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -
@TechHits Yeah I think I'll give that a shot. I'm 0-5 now. I think this fucking 360 d pad is screwing me too.
#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Daigo cant beat Seth either

#14 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -
@Rhaknar Haha nice he did get worked pretty bad.
#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (8152 posts) -

@laserbolts: I'm serious, jumping roundhouse, crouching roundhouse. I don't know if they fixed it in AE, but in Vanilla and Super Seth would basically refuse to block this if you kept doing it on his wakeup, regardless of difficulty.

#16 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -
@StarvingGamer Thanks for the input but I just used zangief and spammed lariats like another user said and seriously rolled through this on hardest difficulty. I can't believe how cheap that is. If only it worked online.
#17 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
Zing! Good stuff :D
#18 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

So after 8 terrible losses I discovered I can search for people of the same skill. Finally got a win.

#19 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:

Step 1: Be Zangeif

Step 2: Lariat all the time

Step 3: ...

Step 4: Profit

Aw, you beat me to it :(
#20 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

Hah.

#21 Posted by IItRueII (19 posts) -
@laserbolts: Seth is a powerhouse if it wasnt for his hp he would be broken lol. Basicly you have to punish him hard! Block his 90% of the game attacking you and when you get a change punish hard for that 10% and youll do much better!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.